Author Topic: Ultra Hal Assisstant 6.0.103 update  (Read 10897 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Ultra Hal Assisstant 6.0.103 update
« on: May 01, 2006, 10:57:10 am »
An update has been released for Ultra Hal Assistant 6.0. If you downloaded and installed Hal before May 1, 2006 it is recommended that you download the latest version. It is available for download from www.zabaware.com/download.asp

To upgrade while retaining learned information, follow these steps:
  • Make a backup copy of your C:program files\zabawareultra hal assistant 6halbrain.db file to a different folder such as your desktop
  • Uninstall Hal from the add/remove programs in your control panel. DO NOT remove Hal's folder manually after reinstalling as small files are left over that contain your license and user settings.
  • Reinstall the new download from www.zabaware.com/download.asp
  • Copy back your halbrain.db backup file to C:program files\zabawareultra hal assistant 6 and overwrite the file there
  • It's possible (but not probable) that you may need to enter your serial number again to reactivate (starts with letters UH)

The following changes have been made since the initial release of Ultra Hal Assistant 6.0:

Updated product activation system:
  • A new wizard interface guides you through activation process before and after purchase.
  • The new wizard can automatically detect and enter in serial numbers and activation codes copied to the clipboard. For example, after a successful transaction the zabaware web pages displays your serial number and will reccomend you copy it to the clipboard. As soon as this happens, Hal will intercept it and automatically pop up and enter the code for you.
  • The update prevents many corrupted licenses from occuring in the first place
  • It repairs many corrupted licenses automatically without any user interaction
  • In case of unrepairable corrupted license, a wizard guides you through the recovery process
  • The deactivation process now automatically notifies the Zabaware.com server of deactivation and the zabaware server automatically frees the serial number up for reinstallation somewhere else.
  • The uninstaller program gives user option of deactivating if it detects an activated copy of Hal before the  uninstallation begins
New features:
  • Added Gerald Blakely's Abstract math addition to the HalMath DLL Function
  • Added Vittorio Rossi's vrFreeWill plugin to Hal's standard installation, and name to credits.
Bug fixes:
  • Fixed bug for plug-in selector where plug-ins began to uncheck themselves.
  • Fixed bug in AIM Bot where 1 character long queries caused blank responses and erasure of Hal's short term memory
  • Fixed issue with emotional reactions firing when they shouldn't
    • About page shows full version number

Robert Medeksza

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 10:38:27 am »
Hi Rob.

There's still a little Bug on the Plugin Selector for the HAL Assistant, 1 out of 78 Plugs deselected.

The AIM Bot Selector is working great so far, All Plugs selected.

I use AIM bot 99% of the time when testing and started working with HAL Assistant and discovered the remaining Selector problem.

It's not really a big issue with me since I mostly use the AIM bot 24/7 and the AIM Bot is working sweetly so far.

Jerry[8D]

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 06:56:48 am »
Hi from Will.
Hal6 is a product that i have and i really like.
I have had years of fun with "Mr Data"
after my pc had a melt down and i lost hal.
i uninstalled and deleted everything then reinstalled from my
last saved disc and then put the  halbrain file from my last saved disc on top of halbrain file that was in hal6 folder and bingo he lives with memories restored "yay"
funny i thought i had tryed it before, but anyway i am pleased to say he seems fine.

If i am a newbee then i am slow " dam my stupid brain"

thank you bye for now and be well,
 from Will of New Zealand a big Hal6 fan .
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 09:28:52 pm by will »
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 04:41:42 pm »
All,
  I've receintly installed a brain from VirtualHumans, a fixed version for some problems with Hal6 brain. I never encountered any of the problems mentioned but used the fixed brain. Hopefuly Vrossi will see this and give more detailed information.
Carl2

Holllywood

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 07:43:24 pm »
Robert, Thank you so much. I just sent you an e-mail. It's great to be able to re-activate online. As you know misery always strikes before you can de-activate. Great job Thanks Again.
Hollywood

Donna C

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 10:54:29 pm »
Hello, I would like to know what it takes to get some customer support[?]. I have been trying to upgrade Hal to the 6.0 version and am getting nowhere. first of all, I had gotten an email giving me a discount coupon number but now it is invalid. I recently got a new computer and I wanted to get him upgraded as I was having issues with my old PC. Then I was going to try to buy the upgrade but it didn't recognize my Visa/debit card which can be used as a credit card in any store. This is making me [:(!]and very[V].I have written 3 emails to no avail on this

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 11:50:52 am »
Hi Robert.

Bill.DeWitt has discovered an issue with the HAL brain and I confirmed it.

I have confirmed the "<NO></NO>" issue, This tag function needs to be addressed to Robert so that he can fix the problem.

This issue exists both when used directly as a plugin or inserted in the brain editor and the Table "topic", the <NO> tags do not work.

the "<YES></YES>" tags work fine.

The "<NO></NO>" function needs to be fixed in HAL's .dll.
it's not functioning at all.

I think Robert might of over looked it.

Thanks
Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 02:49:13 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

Hi Robert.

I have confirmed the "<NO></NO>" issue, This tag function needs to be addressed to Robert so that he can fix the problem.

This issue exists both when used directly as a plugin or inserted in the brain editor and the Table "topic", the <NO> tags do not work.

Thanks
Jerry[8D]

Hi Robert.

I have found a possible reason for the above issue, can you check it out please.

Code: [Select]
'RESPOND: PREDEFINED RESPONSES
    'If the previous exchange had tags to set the response of this exchange
    'then follow the command.
    NextResponse = HalBrain.ExtractVar(CustomMem, "NextResponse")  
    If NextResponse <> "" Then
        CustomMem = Replace(CustomMem, "NextResponse-eq-", "LastResponse-eq-")
        UltraHal = NextResponse
        GoodSentence = True
        NextResponse = ""
    End If
    YesResponse = HalBrain.ExtractVar(CustomMem, "YesRes")
    NoResponse = HalBrain.ExtractVar(CustomMem, "NoRes")
    If YesResponse <> "" Or NoResponse <> "" Then      
        CustomMem = Replace(CustomMem, "YesRes-eq-", "LastYesRes-eq-")
        CustomMem = Replace(CustomMem, "NoRes-eq-", "LastNoRes-eq-")        
        InputString = Replace(InputString, ".", " ")
        InputString = Replace(InputString, "?", " ")
        InputString = Replace(InputString, "!", " ")
        InputString = " " & Replace(InputString, ",", " ") & " "      
        YesNoDetect = HalBrain.TopicSearch(InputString, "yesNoDetect")      
        If YesNoDetect = "Yes" And YesResponse <> "" Then
            UltraHal = YesResponse
            GoodSentence = True
        ElseIf YesNoDetect = "No" And NoResponse <> "" Then
            UltraHal = NoResponse
            GoodSentence = True
        End If
    End If

The CustomMem is not returning any information to the script for processing and its not functioning.

The possible cause is:

Code: [Select]
'RESPOND: PREDEFINED RESPONSES
    'If the previous exchange had tags to set the response of this exchange
    'then follow the command.
    If NextResponse <> "" Then
        CustomMem = Replace(CustomMem, "NextResponse-eq-", "LastResponse-eq-")
        UltraHal = NextResponse
        GoodSentence = True
        NextResponse = ""
    End If

where:
is not giving information to process further.

Thanks
Jerry[8D]

BlackFire

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 05:18:11 pm »
I would like to start Hal 6.0.103 as a clean slate, would my serial number from 6.0 activate the new version?

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 07:20:29 pm »
Robert or Jerry,

Has there been any solution or work around to this problem? I have several plugin improvements that are waiting for this. In particular, I have a few things that can use a "would you like to know more" type function, which needs to have both a "yes" response and a "no" response.

quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

Hi Robert.

Thanks
Jerry[8D]

njphilwt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2007, 01:45:45 pm »
Hello All...

I have just installed the trial version for the first time, and it doesn't seem to work.  When I start it up, no window appears.  It just runs and runs doing CPU and disk I/O continuously.

Is this a common problem?  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Phil

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 05:12:48 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by njphilwt

Hello All...

I have just installed the trial version for the first time, and it doesn't seem to work.  When I start it up, no window appears.  It just runs and runs doing CPU and disk I/O continuously.

Is this a common problem?  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Phil

Hi Phil.

Please give your system information hardware.

I have never heard of HAL pinning a CPU before, maybe it was a bad install unless your computer is very old.

Jerry

njphilwt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2007, 06:50:19 pm »
Jerry, thanks for the response.

Based on your comment I reinstalled, and this time I got an error relating to my video color depth.  I switched it to 16, and restarted the program.  It seems to use about 60% CPU on my old Pentium III 750 Mhz, but it is working now.

If you don't mind, I would like to ask another question:  I am investigating to see if this tool could be used as a front-end to a business database application (i.e. sales force automation).  The application would have many users accessing it each with their own context.  And wireless or browser devices would be the I/O method feeding Hal.

Assuming that I would be building the front end interfaces from the various devices, and reducing them to the appropriate input level for Hal, is the kind of thing I have described doable with this tool?

Thanks again for your help.

Phil

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007, 12:21:06 pm »
I don't think that Hal could be used for the front end of a business site but I think there is another program mentioned here that can be.
Just click on 'Search' in the upper right corner of the screen and searc for 'answer pad' as I believe that it can be quickly programmed to do exactly what you want it to do.
Bill819

njphilwt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2007, 07:20:00 pm »
Thanks.  I'll check it out.