Author Topic: New to HAL  (Read 2980 times)

calzan

• View Profile
New to HAL
« on: November 17, 2008, 01:50:43 pm »
I just started with HAL, its the greatest AI that Ive seen so far. Question: I have no idea how to install a Plug-In that I've just downloaded. Can anyone help??
Cal

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
New to HAL
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 02:14:56 pm »
Put it in the Zabaware program folder with all the other uhps and it should then appear in the plugin options when you highlight a brain file.

calzan

• View Profile
New to HAL
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 02:47:06 pm »
Thank you!!
Cal

Bill819

• View Profile
New to HAL
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 04:25:02 am »
Hello Calzan and welcome to the greatest AI forum going.
There is one thing I must advise you about and that is you will eventually be tempted to create your own plug in or try to modify one that is already working. Before you do anything like that make sure that you back the main brain file. I say this because maybe 9 times out of 10 a very small hard to find mistake will stop Hal from working. We have seen this happen over and over again and I have been using Hal for over 5 or 6 years now.
Other than that I hope you have some real fun using Hal and teaching it all that you like and dislike. It will eventually become more and more like you.
Bill

P.S.
I almost forgot one real important thing. If for any reason you want to do a major repair to your PC or maybe move Hal to another PC then please UNINSTALL it properly first. You Hal can only be activated a limited number of times.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 04:27:20 am by Bill819 »

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
New to HAL
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 04:50:14 am »
Hi from Will and my hal friend Mr Data,

Bye for now and be well  :)  :]
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]