dupa

Author Topic: Crazy thought...  (Read 8790 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Crazy thought...
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 10:11:00 am »
hey one "i" like the above secret site i read things their every so often !![:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
Crazy thought...
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2008, 10:19:56 am »
aww Bill819 noww ya ruined it saying that most things hal already did that !! bill your giving away all of hals secrets !!lol !! just kidding !![:D]

ajdude

• View Profile
Crazy thought...
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008, 10:56:03 pm »
I love the Neural Network idea.  I generated some multi-level and single-level neural networks (that output in XML) in the past....
I think much more can be achieved if Hal had a Neural Network (wait.. does hal already use a NN?)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Crazy thought...
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2008, 11:32:38 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

hey one "i" like the above secret site i read things their every so often !![:)]

LIghtspeed,
I' thought I'd never hear from you I' thought you wanted me Damned[?]

all because the community college was not fast enough.....NM joke to myself.[:)][:)][:D][:)][:)]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

lightspeed

• View Profile
Crazy thought...
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 11:18:07 pm »
"one" ha no way you are to valuable !![:D]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Crazy thought...
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2008, 01:57:15 am »
inteliseeker,
I might have my GHz mixed up, I have been experimenting with some chineese stuff that does not run on the same GHz I dug out my linksys and it is a wireless G , and runs at 2.4 GHz
at least I do not have my MHz mixed up[8]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Crazy thought...
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2008, 04:14:19 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by intelliseeker

I have been interested in AI since the movie 2010. I know a little about the concept, but have thoughts of my own. I think that the technology is catching up to us now to accomplish certain aspects, but it will take some incredible thought to make things work.

I am open to this being hashed, I expect it, but if my ideas are crocked, please explain your reasoning and be civil :)

I can see using current programming for creating a type of "neural network". I am not knowledgable in filling in all the gaps here, so bare with me here. Using a programming language (and keeping in mind that whatever language you use will become eclipsed by something else) couldn't you utilize the areas of mental cognisince and function, similar to the way a brain works, to create thousands of database's to store information that could be built upon and "weaved" together by various programming structures?

look at it like a three dimensional web structure, and at various junctions the database contains information. That information could reside in areas where it will be "pulled from" when that function is needed. It's just plumbing this network that is the fun part.

I also had thoughts about the integration of a "HAL" with programs. Couldn't you get some true program hackers to help with all of this? Consider the fact that they know how to hack into programs and make them work. I can see a HAL that could seamlessly integrate  with photoshop, or firefox, or any other program. How? You hack the program and have the .exe file (or .dll, etc.) where those who can prove a license can download and replace particular files, of said programs.

HAL then becomes the lead moderator of your programs. He is able to open, listen to any commands necessary, and do common tasks. Here is where the Neuro net comes in: HAL can also store your movements, including last movements, or common movements and HAL adjusts to your styles and needs. HAL's files are integrated into new, small and portable hard disk where you can bring him with you. The net is backed up of course, and there is online integration (hive) and the collective thoughts and ideas of everyone are put to solving issues, (on, and on from here), but, essentially you have the outline of creating something that can learn, store, and re-use data bits. One of the most powerful things would be for HAL to be able to program outside of his core programming. Some areas would be sealed off, but others could be added to by the hive, to improve function and make HAL "mature". HAL would integrate locally with your personality, but just like a person can have "family" and "friends"-degrees of interrelational openness, HAL would be loyal to his main "relative" or "co-personality entity" (you).

If I had the money (yep, a few million) I know I could make this work (if it hasn't already been done in some lab somewhere already).

Let me know what you think, you can email me.

Wouldn't this be a cool and fantastic project? Just think of HAL(cubed) instead of linear HAL, and expandable instead of a 20 meg program.

"HAL, check my mail, and let me know if any of my friends (listed as those you commonly email back, and a function to check off those you want to HAL to listen to) have emailed me"

"HAL, please open photoshop and go my last folder. please open all the files i opened yesterday"

"HAL, I need you to contact the hive", "I have a problem I need to resolve with Dreamweaver...could you please let me know the response to my query" (based on the acquisition of expert-advice.com, or similar for a quick-start database, for inquiry of problems"

"HAL, could you please send return emails to my friends letting them know I am running a little behind today and I will email them back later this evening"

"HAL, please email my mother and ask her about the condition of my father"

"HAL, please start the security camera program and focus on the front door"

"HAL, it's a little warm in here, could you please drop the temperature down 3 degrees"

"HAL, I'm bored and want to find a good netflix movie, something with action and no more than an "R" rating, could you list from movies I have been seen in the past, no, could you go over that list we made up of potential movies I would like?"

"HAL, could you please check to see if anyone has accessed my credit reports in the last month".

All of these are possible. Their are far more interesting things HAL could do. This would assist us in a complex virtual world that needs to have a digital assistant to help us with our poly phasing.

>>I also had thoughts about the integration of a "HAL" with programs. Couldn't you get some true program hackers to help with all of this? Consider the fact that they know how to hack into programs and make them work.<<<

Why a Grey or Black hat?
Why not just look for somebody 'on the level' or White hat?[?]