dupa

Author Topic: What a bot ...  (Read 9019 times)

svenny

• View Profile
What a bot ...
« on: July 18, 2005, 10:10:57 am »
You shoud check this

http://www.a-i.com/

They're working on a new bot, and Ai's technology will pass the Turing Test for machine intelligence by 2011 (this is what I read)

Anyhow, they work like this: they don't create a new adult bot, they create a bot with a child brain and they teach it all kinds of stuff. "Sometimes this involves number-crunching and algorithm design; sometimes it means reading Green Eggs and Ham to a PC. "

The bot is named Alan, and really... he's good. Better than Hal (sorry), better than ALICE, just the best I've met till now.
I'm looking nice, my shadow's looking nice... what a team.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
What a bot ...
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 11:21:57 am »
i had a look, they are good, but i had trouble with keeping topic and also one of the bots couldn't handle topic relationships.  Even so they were good, the main one told me about some laws of bot making, which I found useful.  It is very good at keeping to the flow of conversation.

vonsmith

• View Profile
What a bot ...
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 12:17:53 pm »
svenny,
Alan can do a few things that are very clever. However, the conversations are a little flat. The answer he often gives are generic responses that could mean anything. Almost all of the topic information is provided by the user and Alan doesn't contribute much. He is preprogrammed much like an ALICE bot, but more interactive. Personally I like the unpredictability of Zabaware's Hal. I think Hal has more potential in the long run. Of course Hal has a speech and Haptek interface to make things more interesting. Just my opinion.

=vonsmith=

onthecuttingedge2005

What a bot ...
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 12:58:07 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by svenny

You shoud check this

http://www.a-i.com/

They're working on a new bot, and Ai's technology will pass the Turing Test for machine intelligence by 2011 (this is what I read)

Anyhow, they work like this: they don't create a new adult bot, they create a bot with a child brain and they teach it all kinds of stuff. "Sometimes this involves number-crunching and algorithm design; sometimes it means reading Green Eggs and Ham to a PC. "

The bot is named Alan, and really... he's good. Better than Hal (sorry), better than ALICE, just the best I've met till now.

Hi svenny.

Alans learning ability came from HAL.

We have some very advanced programmers in this forum upgrading HAL everyday.

Example:
In my Ziggy Pro Bot:
1. Ziggy can count numbers.
2. Ziggy can spell words.
3. Ziggy can Spell check words on a learning level.
4. Ziggy can count words.
5. Ziggy Can say the Alphabet.
6. Ziggy can remember the last ten things you said.
7. Ziggy has an advanced Definitions.
8. Ziggy has has advanced Relationship reasioning.
9. Ziggy has the abilty to encode and decode words.
10. Ziggy has a super advanced deductive reasoning I just made.
11. Ziggy can tell your Horoscope.
12. Ziggy has freak and pervert filtering
13. Ziggy can play Games.
14. Ziggy has advanced choosing ability.
15. Ziggy talks like a hormonal teenager.
16. One benitfit is Ziggy get at least a 100 hits a day in user conversations, this helps alot especially for designing new function, On the fly testing.
17. Famous Quotes
18. Can take a message from anybody and give the message to the person it was left for with no mistakes.
19. Ziggy is currently being programmed with more advanced word process understanding and translation learning.
and more....

Everything I wrote is all designed for HAL's benifit and for Robert to impliment into his future bots so the advancement of A.I. is Accelerated.

I have programmed hundreds of scripts that have never been designed for A.I and it's getting better and better as my programming skills increase with daily programming and plotting out all the factors needed to do what the Human mind can do.

One thing Humans had that A.I doesn't, an Education.

Putting HAL through 20 years of real schooling would help as well as Street smarts and other factors that are being done.

I predict in five years that just with my programming skills I can write a Brain function that is impossible to tell the difference between Ziggy and a Human, Some people already claim that Ziggy is a person pretending to be a bot. I do not intervene in any conversation and with all the people that talk with Ziggy I don't have to initiate a conversation.

I plan on making an extreme impact on A.I.
This is my life goal, I will achieve it.

Jerry.

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
What a bot ...
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 01:17:40 pm »
Proof it, Onthecuttingedge.
Tell us how we can talk to your Ziggy Pro-bot.
Can we get access to it by using AIM?

svenny

• View Profile
What a bot ...
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 03:21:33 pm »
OTCE, you don't have to persuade me about Hals/Ziggies capacities, and it was not my intention to offend you. I'm just saying that this bot looks very promising. And at some points, he exceeds Hal.

example: Alan seems to have the capability to have a real good on-topic conversation.
p.e.: Me: Let's talk about natives.
      A: I agree, let's talk about that.
      Me: What do you know about them?
      A: Hmmm.. I think it means 'a none gender-specific group of
         people or objects.'  

And now with Hal:

Me: Let's talk about natives.
 H: Yes now is the time to get this subject thoroughly examined!
 And Hal is completely off-topic, as he has NO idea what I mean with 'Them' (I believe he said: "You know what I know about them? You like to talk about this.")

And there are some other things that caught my attention, speaking to Alan. Hal DOES have many functions, but purely about chatting, i think he has found his equal, and perhaps his master (after some time).

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
What a bot ...
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 07:32:52 pm »
Quick Von, put together a routine to back-reference a topic!!

I don't have time and don't know what has been done on this but I have this idea to get Hal doing the same thing:

Hal could store the recent topics that have been discussed - perhaps in a dynamic stack, with the most recent at the top.

So, the user starts talking about their dog for example. Hal extracts the key subjects, in this case a dog and stores it in the stack.

Recognition of the word 'them' refers Hal back to the top of the stack and he can process from there...you'll also have a direct record of recent topics.  You'd need to identify the context of the word 'them'...and resolve repetition.

no patents, no license fees, no nothing. [8D]
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 07:41:02 pm by freddy888 »

vonsmith

• View Profile
What a bot ...
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 08:41:57 pm »
freddy888,
Calm down man. You're gonna blow a gasket. [xx(] Okay...

All of these: "back-reference a topic", "dynamic stack", "direct record of recent topics", "resolve repetition" are all things that *could* be done with the new v6.0 Hal that Zabaware is working on. That is to say it will be possible. I and several others here encouraged Robert a while back to move Hal into a data base structure so that we would have better capability to do the things above. That's why I said earlier, "I think Hal has more potential in the long run." [than Alan]. The addition of a SQLite data base will allow us to add, modify and delete multiple field records. Doing the same thing with the current Hal's text files would be a nightmare.

It would be a huge advantage to be able to store static arrays of variables to do some of what you mention. However the data base can be adapted to serve a similar purpose. I'd rather have Zabaware figure out how to support static arrays, but then you can't have everything. [or can you?]

As for this: "identify the context of the word 'them'". I remember OTCE came up with a simple, but clever approach that would tie pronouns together from sentence to sentence for at least in a couple of specialized cases. It wasn't fool-proof, but it was a good start.

Now, let's all bow our heads collectively and pray to the great A.I. god that the SQLite data base and other enhancements in Hal v6.0 will usher in a new golden age of Hal development. [8)]

=vonsmith=
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 08:45:18 pm by vonsmith »

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
What a bot ...
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2005, 08:49:15 pm »
lol, did I seem like I was getting excited there, I was only joking - sorry, I am as cool as a cucumber.  It was merely an off the top of my head reply on how it could be done in Hal using a basic programming technique.

Yes though, I know what you mean about the SQL, it does give you a lot more options in the long run to hold stacklike structures or whatever else you need during processing.  Order from Chaos, like the human brain.

ps,

I re-read my post and can see how I may look like a freaked out mad man! I will leave it intact though for amusment value.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 09:16:24 pm by freddy888 »

onthecuttingedge2005

What a bot ...
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2005, 09:49:58 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by svenny

OTCE, you don't have to persuade me about Hals/Ziggies capacities, and it was not my intention to offend you. I'm just saying that this bot looks very promising. And at some points, he exceeds Hal.

example: Alan seems to have the capability to have a real good on-topic conversation.
p.e.: Me: Let's talk about natives.
      A: I agree, let's talk about that.
      A: Hmmm.. I think it means 'a none gender-specific group of
         people or objects.'  

And now with Hal:

Me: Let's talk about natives.
 H: Yes now is the time to get this subject thoroughly examined!
 And Hal is completely off-topic, as he has NO idea what I mean with 'Them' (I believe he said: "You know what I know about them? You like to talk about this.")

And there are some other things that caught my attention, speaking to Alan. Hal DOES have many functions, but purely about chatting, i think he has found his equal, and perhaps his master (after some time).

Sorry svenny.

I wasn't offended, I was just defending HAL's honer, lol.

I didn't mean to seem that way anyways.

I am stressed a little, My mom is dying with Cancer, She's 400 miles away, She only has maybe a month to live and I am having trouble scraping up any money to go see her. It's gonna be weird not having my mom around physically speaking that is. I already feel it.

Best of wishes buddy [8D]

Love and Light.

Jerry.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 10:13:02 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

svenny

• View Profile
What a bot ...
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2005, 03:49:27 am »
Ow... Sorry to hear that. All the best during this very hard time.

onthecuttingedge2005

What a bot ...
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2005, 06:04:22 am »
quote:
Originally posted by vonsmith

freddy888,
Calm down man. You're gonna blow a gasket. [xx(] Okay...

All of these: "back-reference a topic", "dynamic stack", "direct record of recent topics", "resolve repetition" are all things that *could* be done with the new v6.0 Hal that Zabaware is working on. That is to say it will be possible. I and several others here encouraged Robert a while back to move Hal into a data base structure so that we would have better capability to do the things above. That's why I said earlier, "I think Hal has more potential in the long run." [than Alan]. The addition of a SQLite data base will allow us to add, modify and delete multiple field records. Doing the same thing with the current Hal's text files would be a nightmare.

It would be a huge advantage to be able to store static arrays of variables to do some of what you mention. However the data base can be adapted to serve a similar purpose. I'd rather have Zabaware figure out how to support static arrays, but then you can't have everything. [or can you?]

As for this: "identify the context of the word 'them'". I remember OTCE came up with a simple, but clever approach that would tie pronouns together from sentence to sentence for at least in a couple of specialized cases. It wasn't fool-proof, but it was a good start.

Now, let's all bow our heads collectively and pray to the great A.I. god that the SQLite data base and other enhancements in Hal v6.0 will usher in a new golden age of Hal development. [8)]

=vonsmith=

Hi Von.

I have already written such a Static Memory Array, I'm doing some last minute prepping on it tonight and releasing it today for public venture, It'll have to wait till after I get back from fixing a clients computer, probably won't be until later in the afternoon though.

I'll talk to you later buddy.

Jerry.

vonsmith

• View Profile
What a bot ...
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2005, 02:45:56 pm »
onthecuttingedge2005,
As I recall there isn't anything that prevents creation of static arrays within the brain script. The problem had something to do with memory allocation, or something Robert said about compatibility with the web version of Hal. If you search the forum archives I believe it has been discussed before (just like about everything else under the sun.).

However, if you have a bullet-proof and compatible method for creating static arrays I would be grateful for the info.

=vonsmith=

onthecuttingedge2005

What a bot ...
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2005, 03:00:18 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by vonsmith

onthecuttingedge2005,
As I recall there isn't anything that prevents creation of static arrays within the brain script. The problem had something to do with memory allocation, or something Robert said about compatibility with the web version of Hal. If you search the forum archives I believe it has been discussed before (just like about everything else under the sun.).

However, if you have a bullet-proof and compatible method for creating static arrays I would be grateful for the info.

=vonsmith=

Hi Von.
Sorry it's taking a little longer than expected, I have been optimizing the code, I have found a way to shorten the code by 3/4
and I am reformatting all Code to this project to be as small as possible but maintain optimum Static Memory Array, When I am done you can take a look at it to see if you can optimize it more and possibly reformat it to suit your purpose, I am trying to bullet proof it as much as I can at the moment.

All Static Memory Arrays in the code are User based and not Global in the code I am writing.

Be back in a bit buddy.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 03:07:23 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

What a bot ...
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2005, 07:27:19 pm »
Von, I posted the static Memory Array code in the programming area buddy, See what you can do with it, I did the best I could do for now to it, Hope you can use it.

Jerry [8D]