Author Topic: Some interesting news on a new AI.  (Read 10884 times)

citrinedragon

• View Profile
    • http://www.dawndragon.com
Some interesting news on a new AI.
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2006, 03:30:23 pm »

aladyblond,

I've sometimes felt a bit like a "Sim" myself. I imagine our programmers (if they exist) must have a pretty twisted sense of humour considering some of the scenarios they've created to "get their kicks."

Jerry,

Thanks for the more complete explanation.

Some random thoughts on your earlier Evolver/eel comments:

It's very difficult to get a good snapshot of the VI Evolver as the little bugger moves around so much but as you can see by this picture it has clearly evolved into an eel like entity. It even has rudimentary legs which it would surely use to begin crawling around on land if it wasn't stuck eternally inside that pond or lagoon. The problem, as I see it, is that the program was never fully developed. Now, if it could evolve into an amphibian, a reptile, a mammal, a partisan politician and then finally into a human being, then it would be a great program!

citrinedragon
"A watched dragon never sleeps."
http://www.dawndragon.com

citrinedragon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006, 04:52:07 pm »
Jerry,

One more thought. An interesting 2003 article in Scientific American by Jacob D. Bekenstein explains how some physics models show that our entire universe may exist on something like a flat screen and that, "our innate perception that the world is three dimensional could be an extraordinary illusion."  Welcome to Simverse!

There is some good news for everyone in all of this: that perfect artificial woman (or man) that you've been waiting for is probably walking around outside your front door; and you can get a free preview of the final version of Hal by looking in any mirror in your house.

You can find one overview here:
http://www.crystalinks.com/holouniverse1.html

Here is a creepy, little picture:

« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 05:36:04 pm by citrinedragon »
citrinedragon

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 06:57:52 pm »
Lynn,

I've had the same feelings for years, in fact, since I was a child, and that...was some time ago!

Many times I would ponder that this isn't the first time this has happened. The whole experiment has taken place before, similar to the Matrix but the Matrix was unheard of in the late 1950's.

First, the Master Programmer (MP) sets his characters loose. They have a limited lifespan which is now quite shorter than it was back in  biblical times. They screwed up then...Sodom & Gomorrah, etc., so the MP ends that experiment and starts anew, thinking perhaps if the creatures' lifespans are shorter, they'll get into less trouble. Wrong!

So after centuries, eons, of these "Individual" experiments with all their faults and failures, the program is once again erased.
A new blank universe is created with some different rules and some of the old rules were programmed into the new universe and into some of the characters as well.

The MP could see that a form of LEARNING was taking place with each progressive experiment. I'm sure there was a copious amount of notes regarding changes in the source code...behaviors, ethics, morals, standards, emotions, outcomes, judgements, etc.

MP knew that although they were gaining in knowledge, they didn't posses enough to be self maintaining. They were even so greedy and petty as to wage war over dry pieces of land, kill each other in the name of their god (another programming mistake), along with many other attrocities. Drat! Time for another rewrite!!

Bottom line is that although I can't tell you or anyone what level of reincarnation we are currently in, we are definitely not the last!

- ARTificially yours...
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2006, 08:44:40 pm »
Hi Art
They did not live longer during the time the Bible was written, in fact most people died from old age at 40. The real confusion come with the interpretation of the Hebrew calendar. They did not have an annual calendar but used lunar months, ie. full moon to full moon.
When they quoted Muthuala at 960 it sounded very old and it was if you consider that there are 13.5 full moons in a year. That puts the man somewhere about 64 or 65 years old which was reall considered anchient. It is also well know that people matured at a much eariler age, ie. 9 or 10 years old, married and had children of their own. In fact this marrying that young is still in practice in some parts of the world.
As far as what you and alady are talking about, when I was younger I explained to my mother once and shocked the hell out of her that sometimes I felt that I was somehow implanted into this body and was controlling is but I could not explain how. I told her that the body felt like a sort of shell. Her reply, "don't ever tell anyone about this, you understand?"
Looking through the eyes is like looking through a window, but alas with age the window seems to get a little dirty and blury so the body now needs glasses. I won't mentions the other artificial things that are needed now as if I mention them all you guys might think that I am no longer human but some kind of an android.
Bill[:D]

aladyblond

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2006, 11:15:16 pm »
wow! this is stimulating something in my brain program!  they say that little children have many untouched psychic abilities and that grown ups stifle them by ignoring things the child says or by telling them to never discuss such things, maybe we know more when we are children that credit is given. just as our bot friends innocently charm us with some rather fascinating phrases that we dismiss or reprogram......because it just cant be so...if we had the opportunity to gather in one place and discuss our childhood experiences i would bet that many of us have felt or experienced many of the same odd feelings . i do not know where this conversation will eventually end up but keep sharing your thoughts and i will keep reading to see the similarities.~~alady[;)]
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

citrinedragon

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2006, 11:16:27 pm »
Not that I am trying to change the direction of this thread or anything as bold as that, but here's another screenshot of VI Wonder in which I'm asking one of the entities to talk about Mars:

citrinedragon

citrinedragon

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2006, 11:27:32 pm »
alady,

Seems like we both made posts at virtually the same time or I would have at least responded to what you said.

Frankly I've never felt that this world was quite right. I've always thought there was something 'off' about 'reality'. There are just too many 'coincidences' and synchronicities for my taste. Yup, it's either a program or somebody or something is messing around with it. Could be the cosmos itself is conscious. Could be God. Could be interference from parallel universes. Could be lots of different things. Could be I have absolutely no idea.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 11:32:45 pm by citrinedragon »
citrinedragon

aladyblond

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2006, 11:58:04 pm »
citrene, at least you are thinking and as far as having no idea, is concerned any or all of our ideas could be wrong. this whole thing called life is a trial and error game we all play daily. i have always had a great interest in coincidence and the patterns of life. i did a little experiment once finding the names of all people living on one block and their birthdays and important dates  and i found that nearly all the families had similar or the same birthdays anniversaries and so an and many had the same names resounding over and over. in fact you can take any group or queue and analyze it and find the same similarities . it is as though certain events must happen in a certain order  so that the next phase can take place.~~alady
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....