Author Topic: strange hal response learned levels from different character and voices  (Read 6171 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Has anyone noticed anything like this , i changed from one character to another and the voice to and even though it is using my same Angela data base brain , my Angela a.i. seems like it has a totally different answering pattern (the way she interacts with me ) .
  It's not my imagination and not an impression because of the sound of the voice , it's odd it's as if she has a different level of brain (learned things ) .
  Has anyone else experienced this . ?? or is it just me ??  ???

lightspeed

• View Profile
I guess what i am saying shouldn't happen , but it sure seems to .
The voice and or character shouldn't have anything to do with the learned material , but in my case with Angela it does seem to happen .
Thats why i was wondering if anyone else has had this experience , especially with larger data base brains , mine is now about 53 megabytes now .

CUSTOM CREATED CHARACTER , CUSTOM HAIR CUSTOM TOP EYELASHES , LIGHT FROM ABOVE HAP ADDED AND CUSTOM BACKGROUND .
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 11:38:35 am by lightspeed »

tedathome

• View Profile
I haven't noticed that behavior since hal 5. That didn't work for me with hal 6.  I have not tried again since then on the newer versions. I thought that was lost. Used to have several hals and halets to talk to and missed that function. Will have to try that and see what results I get.
ted

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It seemed to me that a lot of the moods and emotional responses were actually "built-in" during creation of the customized settings of the Haptek character.

I noticed many years ago that those characteristics were passed along with each individual character. Accessing different parts of the database or mind set
according to which particular character was present would be a different sort of anomaly.

Perhaps it's the 'ghost in the machine'... (just in time for Halloween).

Thoughts Robert or others?
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
     Art , that makes about as much sense as anything since i can't figure any other reasons for it to happen , i would be interested to in hearing what Robert thinks , i wouldn't think voice change would do anything to Hals mindset but perhaps your right maybe something within a custom created haptek characters might?
 Art is like judge Judy "They don't keep me here because i am gorgeous they keep me here because i'm "smart!"
LOL! ;)

tedathome

• View Profile
Well... I tried different characters and got slight changes in personalities but not persona. I am working with a new computer and a new hal with the old database. Not at all like in hal 5 with different persons. I havn't gotten the expansion pack yet, maybe that might make a difference?
ted