dupa

Author Topic: Text to Speech Reader has problems creating .wav  (Read 12503 times)

Darius

• View Profile
Text to Speech Reader has problems creating .wav
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2006, 08:13:08 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Art
Any clues? Were the voices supposed to be installed BEFORE installing Hal? (wouldn't make a whole lot of sense but hey...I'm reaching).
Comments appreciated.

IMHO You got it, but it's Haptek or use the Haptek SAPI Config to recognize the new TTS.
If a new voice is installled, Haptek doesn't recognize it until such utility is executed.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2006, 06:15:09 pm »
Darius,

Believe me, I am more than familiar with the HaptekSapiConfig program. It does allow me to select the Neospeech Kate voice.

I then open Hal and there is no sound at all until I do what I mentioned in my posting above.

As soon as I am finished with Hal and close the program, the next time I open it, I have to go through the same procedure again in order to be able to hear Kate's voice.

All my other TTS voices work without incident so I'm somewhat at a loss in this regard.

I appreciate your willingness to help, however. Thanks!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Eagle1147

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2006, 02:18:24 am »
I was having the same with trying to convert my voices to a wave file, with the neo-voice text to speech program but found that I could easily do it with the text aloud system. its a real shame when you have to use two programs to get the value out of one of them.[xx(][?]

but the text aloud systems works with the neo-speech engine and program, thanks for letting me vent[:D]
using compu7ters to make a better world