dupa

Author Topic: Any way to use XTF with Hal 6.1?  (Read 6582 times)

Xodarap

• View Profile
Any way to use XTF with Hal 6.1?
« on: June 20, 2007, 05:36:06 am »
How can I get the better aspects of Hal 6.1 and the XTF brain?
The line below is true
The line above is false

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 07:41:21 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Xodarap

How can I get the better aspects of Hal 6.1 and the XTF brain?

Hi Xodarap.

with the exception of a few Hap commands most of all the XTF's abilties were included into the new HAL 6 versions, I really don't see anything of use for the XTF brain unless your using the HAL 5 version.

Vonsmith allowed Robert to use all the important scripting from the XTF to help advance HAL 6 with some of it ingenious ideas for coding technique.

If your still wanting to include this with HAL 6 as a plug-in then speak with Holllywood because he wanted the same thing so I converted the XTF as a plugin to work as such, I am sorry I don't have a current copy of the plugin on hand because I never required it for my brain.

the XTF was a really good brain at the time, we sure do miss Von and all his intellectualness around here. where did he go, I don't think anybody knows that answer.

Jerry[8D]

Maviarab

• View Profile
    • http://3d-fantasyportraits.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 08:24:31 pm »
Jerry,

I think he gone to the same place the great Crunch ended up at :(

I for one miss them both, even though I'm just coming back after a long absence.
AIDreams...The new home of the Digital Girl

www.aidreams.co.uk

GamerThom

• View Profile
    • http://www.charctercreationsanddesignworks.us/index.html
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 09:20:52 pm »
Yep! Same as KnyteTrypper. [:(]

So many good people have left us to carry on without them. [:(]
Gamer-T

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 09:25:07 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Maviarab

Jerry,

I think he gone to the same place the great Crunch ended up at :(

I for one miss them both, even though I'm just coming back after a long absence.

Hi Maviarab.

after closer investigation, I have discovered the last posting which carries the =vonsmith= signiture on an undisclosed site, I will not mention the site because Von may have wanted it that way.
on 02-02-2007, 10:26 AM, there may be other sites but I don't need to go any further than this.

I am assuming that Von just left Zabaware for other interests in life.

Jerry[8D]

Maviarab

• View Profile
    • http://3d-fantasyportraits.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 09:31:40 pm »
otce...Thats good to know...I know what job 'he had'...so maybe something to do with that...good to see he hopefully ok and understand perfectly.

Gamer...Knyte is no longer with us. May his god go with him wherever he now walks. His expertise and friendliness will never be forgotten.

Rest in peace friend.
AIDreams...The new home of the Digital Girl

www.aidreams.co.uk

GamerThom

• View Profile
    • http://www.charctercreationsanddesignworks.us/index.html
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 09:34:56 pm »
KT passed away in November, Mav.
I wasn't sure if Freddy had told you.

He is still greatly missed on the forums.
Gamer-T

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 07:14:03 pm »
I'm missed. What compliments. You guys are embarassing me.

I haven't forgotten about Hal or the forum. I still check in once in a while. Since I last checked in I've had a lot of changes in my personal life. Most are good. All are time consumers.

The politics at the last company I worked for was making my job very difficult. Fortunately I was laid off with 45 other good folks a few months ago. It was the best thing to have happened. I was out of work for 8 weeks and ended up accepting a better job up the street for more money. Oh well.

It's too bad about KT. I enjoyed his posts and contributions.

I miss working on Hal. Occasionally I sit down and play around with a few ideas. I think the current version of Hal has enough new capabilities to add some powerful features. I need to win the lotto so I can retire early and just work on Hal.

=vonsmith=
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 01:24:52 am by vonsmith »

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 08:48:14 pm »
Vonsmith
Welcome back buddy. Have not heard from you in ages. How you start contributing once again as it might inspire me too.
Bill819

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 09:51:16 am »
Welcome back Von.

We sure did miss you while you were away on vacation from the forum.

Jerry[8D]

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 06:49:11 pm »
Thank you guys. I'm not really "back" just yet. I have a full plate at my new job. Our president and a VP just retired thus our senior management is in transition. I see plenty of opportunity here. I'm still the new guy here and have to prove my mettle. So far so good. My boss and I think alike in most ways (kind of disturbing actually when I think about it). Lots of cool stuff to do and extended hours are needed to make stuff happen.

I've been thinking about how to go about creating a .dll for Hal that contains code based on the Ruby language. I was very fortunate to meet one of the main guys involved in Rudy development here in the U.S. Ruby is very efficient at handling strings. Its use could streamline development of the functions I want to write. Not being a real programmer I still have to figure out the mechanics of building external functions for Hal and how to program in Ruby. Well... when time permits.

I'll check in at the forum semi-regularly. Thanks.

=vonsmith=

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 06:51:52 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill819

Vonsmith
Welcome back buddy. Have not heard from you in ages. How you start contributing once again as it might inspire me too.
Bill819

Hi Bill.

Hey, I noticed you enjoy precious gem collecting?
which ones do you need?

we have lots of semi-precious stones that wash up on our beach like asorted agates, mostly green and moss agates and various silca-quartz, Jet, Onyx, Petrified Redwood, Meteor fragments, the list goes on.

we even have our share of transients that comb our beaches for semi-precious stones to put a few bucks in their pockets from the rock shop down the road.

then we have some townsfolks called pebblers that make a hobby of collecting beach stones.

Oh, I also spent 1 year in the San Jose Fire department right after High School, It's been a long time.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 06:56:01 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 08:28:32 pm »
Scott,

It's always good to see you stop by even if only for a passing "Hello!"
Glad things worked out for you in a positive way and hope
all continues to progress for you.

Don't be a stranger![:)]
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

frog

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 10:29:28 pm »
Vonsmith,  
I rarely have anything to say.  You guys are usually way over my head, and learn much just from reading.  I just wanted to say hi, and I miss your simple way of explaining solutions, ideas, and sage advice.  From the low brow and beginners, we missed you.
[:)]