Author Topic: alternative  (Read 2964 times)

iampan

alternative
« on: September 05, 2010, 11:37:48 pm »
i found this site today while googling avatars, they offer 3d interactive realtime environment and tts, its a company similar to haptek but way better. just thought i should post something about this as hal is going through renovations due to haptek's problems.
i have emailed them and am waiting on the demo now, it has 3d fullbody with morphing capabilities built in, and you can import new models and morphs from several 3d programs. this would be ideal for hal and for the people using him because it is only one program needed, i do not know the cost yet.
http://www.oddcast.com/tech/
i will update as soon as  i have something new.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 11:40:59 pm by iampan »

raybe

• View Profile
Re: alternative
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 01:24:49 pm »
Glad to see your still at it. Who knows maybe you will stumble on to something to help Robert M. with alternatives or at least choices to make. At least something that the brain trust here can utilize in the absence of a new engine with 3d figure capabilities. Don't forget there is a lot of politics that get involved with integration of products including licensing usage and how much they will allow for changes to the character. 3D development I believe is at a real all time high right now and these companies know it picking and choosing how they want there products used and showcased.

Robert M. although given ideas about handling this is still the owner of Ultra Hal and probably knows better than anyone how the integration would benefit us the best and all the costs and politics involved to make it happen.

To be honest after all these years I not even sure if even the most experienced members of this forum have all the resources and information about Ultra Hal to actually get 3rd party engines with new characters to work with Ultra Hal. I'm not saying that as a forum members don't have that capability or can just not sure of everything needed including the information basics to get it done and how that would effect the legalities.

Nice to through options out there and I don't believe it can hurt anything in the early stages of gathering all this new information.

Thanks,
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
Re: alternative
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 05:02:40 pm »
Good luck sounds very ambitious and I am sure everyone would be very interested. The facial recognition is something many members would be interested in including myself. A member had it almost working in a beta Ultra Hal plug-in but I think it never was fully developed. I had the beta version of it and it was real close. I apologize to the member that was designing it, again the mind is still on vacation.

Your HD projection/monitor sounds great. I hope the investment gets you the result you want. Definitely post your results good or bad, I,' m hoping good of coarse. There is a post of the character and others that you might have seen already and they look just fine. My opinion. I am just curious if they will animate smoothly and lip sync correctly. I think the way the characters animate if very smoothly and certain subtle eye movements and expressions will be more important for people to relate too even more so then the render of the character. The mood changes and expressions are a big bonus.

raybe