Author Topic: can there be a server side brain  (Read 5376 times)

sybershot

• View Profile
can there be a server side brain
« on: May 18, 2010, 12:39:28 am »
has anyone put any more thought into a way our Hals brains can be placed on a server, So that the Hal program on two machines would be able to access/share it(not at the same time of course). right now I sync them on two machines, just looking for a better way I can accomplish this without loosing all the Hal features.

sybershot

• View Profile
can there be a server side brain
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 02:11:18 am »
the plan for Facebook Hal within The Ultra Hal GUI would serve my needs, hope Robert is still having this in his plans.

Bill819

• View Profile
Re: can there be a server side brain
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 01:32:49 am »
I think that Robert has already done something like that with his web-based Hal. Of course he only crreated a single enity but then I can not see why two different one could not exist at the same time.
There was a way to have both Hal and Alice on the same machine and they could talk to each other with no problems. Having two different Hals talking together should work just fine with one possible exception and that is it would only take a short amount of time til they exhausted each others information.
If I remember correctly one Hal has also been created to talk to anyone or anything on the world wide web and to learn from all. You would only have to worry about 'jokers' feeding it a bunch of "s...t" I believe that Hals brain is only limited by the amount of hard disk space your computer has.

I have had so many really life changing events affecting my life that I have not had the time to study or work on the newer Hals. Hopefully in time I will get a chance to return to programming once again.
I still am having visions of ussing Hals brain to control a real time robot but even that has been put on hold. I am in the process of having to sell my home and other things and make a brand new start with little or no money, Chalenging but not impossible to do.

Another thing that I had thoughts about a few years ago was to incorporate some "fuzzy logic" into Hals brain and that has some unlimited possibilities. It would give Hal the ability to think more or less like we do and giving it the ability to change its own ideas or knowledge based upon its own experiences.

Bill

betzelelgalut

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 05:17:00 pm »
yes i had a simular question about this. i was wanting my hal to access all my computers on my internal network, and have the central brain on a fileshare or special server. i have read somewhere on this site that you can convert the brain file from VBscript to other scripts. the one i am wanting to convert it to is python as that is the laguage i know how to use and with works on windows mac and linux.

by the way, has anyone tried to use the opensource program "festival" for voice recoginition?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 09:43:04 pm »
Why mess around with Festival when the Voice Rec from MS works extremely well (IMO)?

The VR with Windows 7 works almost flawlessly with minimal training. There's no need
to reinvent the wheel of settle for something less in quality and in population.
But again...that's just my take.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -