dupa

Author Topic: hal vs verbot  (Read 3309 times)

mattwheeler

• View Profile
hal vs verbot
« on: March 05, 2012, 10:02:45 pm »
howdy, you all
I just register to this forum today to get some opinions on Ultra Hal 6  vs verbot 5. before my trail ends. and then maybe buy?
I notice right off the bat that all my voices I have on my computer show-up in Ultra Hal 6 but does not show-up in verbot 5. Only Microsoft Anna. So there's one con!!
 Anybody else have any pro and con to add to these two virtual Assistant software? that can help me decide on buying Ultra Hal 6.

Thank You, Mattwheeler :-\

Carl2

• View Profile
Re: hal vs verbot
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 07:57:45 am »
  I've been using Hal for ages but I still like to try out other bots, In my opinion Hal is one of the best and I did try the verbots ages ago.  One of the biggest things is the learning ability of the bot which hal has had for ages and I feel is working well in hal.  Second is the character, I was able to get a AIML bot with learning ability but was unable to get a character installed,  With all of the problems Haptek is having I still think the haptek characters are very good.
Carl2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: hal vs verbot
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 05:41:44 am »
Agree with Carl.

Not even considering the character / avatars, UltraHal's brain / learning / topic flow ability is far better than a simple scripted bot like Verbot.

That's not a slam against Verbot for they have produced an inexpensive, workable bot for those who might wish to experiment in areas like constructing an "expert system".  UltraHal, on the other hand, can learn of new appointments, birthdays, occasions, etc., and during conversation, will often recall something that was previously mentioned that it felt was applicable. A scripted bot doesn't usually have retentive or database recall qualities like that.

There are several methods that can be employed to enable Hal to "learn" new information while the Verbot and other scripted bots can only learn (in most cases) when and if the botmaster directly inputs the information.

Yes, Hal might cost twice the price of Verbot, but they are completely different systems and Hal is capable of so much more IMHO.

Hope this helps a bit and good luck on your decision.

Check out the video on UltraHal at the top of this forum or on YouTube.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -