Author Topic: Looking for HAPTAR editor  (Read 4529 times)

Jake

• View Profile
    • http://Ainsworth.net
Looking for HAPTAR editor
« on: April 05, 2008, 11:15:25 pm »
I'd like to add more accessories to my PeoplePutty... does anyone know of a program for editing the HAPTAR file?

Austin, Texas, USA, Earth

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 07:29:36 am »
Jake,

Go to www.haptek.com
Then select Developers then Licensing

They offer a lot of utility programs
for Haptek characters.

For making accessories, here is their listing:

Haptek Utility Script for 3D Studio Max

Haptek provides a set of command line tools and a 3DStudio Max scripted plug-in to assist you in the creation of accessories for use in the Haptek Player.  This will let you work directly in 3DStudio Max and export an accessory ready to be used with your character.

Note:  The utility script has only been tested with 3D Studio Max version 3.1 and version 5 but may work with other versions as well.  The command line tools do not depend on a version of 3D Studio Max.

Features:  

Included .max file with the current Haptek Player's Head Model, lighting and camera settings as a working canvas for creating your accessories for use in PeoplePutty or with the standard head
Support Diffuse, and Ambient Materials
Supports Diffuse Map (texture map)
Supports Opacity Map (alpha/transparency map)
Make Accessories that attach automatically
Make Scene props that do not attach to the figure, such as chairs and trees and things. (or attach them if you want!)
Optionally save the intermediate files generated for the accessory, figure defs, startup scripts, Haptek models, texture maps, etc.
Single Button Export from 3DStudio Max object to Haptek Accessory
Instantly preview your new accessory using the Haptek ActiveX Player included with the Haptek Generation 4 Player install
Generate the .txt file used to integrate your accessory into PeoplePutty's Accessory plug in as a wig, a hat, some glasses, or whatever you want, instructions included in the readme.txt file
includes 3ds2hap.exe command line tool for turning 3ds formated models into Haptek formatted models
includes hTard.exe a command line tool for generating haptar files
includes accmaker.exe a command line tool for generating Haptek script files useful in making a Haptek Accessory. show, hide, delete scripts, startup scripts, and figure def  files  
Step by step tutorial with screenshots of how to use the 3DStudio Max script
Name your haptek accessory using the properties of the object in 3DStudio Max
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Jake

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 10:16:39 pm »
Thanks for the reply & info, Art.  I'm communicating with Haptek now on the different programs and licenses that they offer.  I'd be interested in hearing anyone's review of there programs that have already purchased them and I'd be interested in hearing about any other programs, utils, etc, that anyone wants to recommend.

Thanks!
Jake

Jake

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 09:12:55 pm »

I'm still interested in hearing from anyone on any of the above.

Hasn't anyone purchased, used any of those program?

Doesn't anyone have any utils, programs, they'd like to recommend?

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 08:59:11 am »
hi/

I did buy the people putty program.

I found that they gave you a set of plugins- that was all.
there was no way to create HATS, CLOTHES ETC.

yes you can get tricky by creating a jpeg and grafting it to an existing item.....

they do offer various other tools at some very extortionate rates, as they company is very small. contacting them was quite hard also.

i also remember that after i had various installation prblems with registering the product (had to reinstal system a few times) the activation told me that i had activated he product too many times, also that is a problem with software that needs the internet to activate...  no ofline activation even with the CD VERSION> exactly the same as the download?

after initial use and enjoyment wore off... didnt find it valuable,

RAINBOW SIX VEGAS has a better engine than people putty ()

the people putty product is a rip off of POSER....

Thats my Fifty Cents....

Jake

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 12:59:22 am »
Isn't RAINBOW SIX VEGAS a game?  Does it have some utility to build characters like PeoplePutty?