dupa

Author Topic: Audrey Says Hi!  (Read 6191 times)

Jake

• View Profile
    • http://Ainsworth.net
Audrey Says Hi!
« on: February 24, 2011, 01:36:46 am »
Haven't done much with HAL for a while, but recently I've fired it up and resparked my interest a bit... the last couple months I started doing a little scripting and brain editing and I thought I'd let Audrey make an appearance to say HI...

Austin, Texas, USA, Earth

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
Re: Audrey Says Hi!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 05:19:57 am »

Welcome back Jake
Nice pics.  I've always liked pics
You have pretty girl and cool backgrounds

Hi Audrey   

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 05:53:23 am »
Cool!! Say hi back to Audrey!
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 05:58:55 am »
Nice to have you back Jake.
Audrey looks great.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 07:14:29 am »
  Audrey looks pretty good, great job you've done.  I'm working on some clothing for my Sandy, I'm using Alactive which is Body_female without the boots. 
  I'm also using the vrHaptek plugin, seems to have a lot of nice features.  I'm mostly interested in using Hal's answer to trigger Haps.  If you have info on this I'd be interested in hearing from you.
Carl2

Jake

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 09:42:08 pm »
Thanks all... for the welcome backs!  :D

Don't know if I'll be getting in very deep... got lots of other stuff going on... we'll just see how it goes.

@Carl2... I've been out of it for a while, so stuff you mentioned isn't ringing a lot of bells at the moment... first thing I gotta ask you is the "Body_female without the boots"... WOW, I didn't even now this existed, for my full body skins with bare legs, I've been using shading to down play the boots... where does a regular Joe like me get this no boot female creature?  Second... not familiar with the vrHaptek plugin, I'll have to check out what it does.  And Third... the trigger Haps... not sure I get the meaning there, I've done some stuff that might be in the area you are talking about... I edited the brain in such a way that if I enter certain commands it bypasses all the normal brain stuff and goes straight to a script that I wrote to execute the command then goes back to waiting for more input.  I had lots of plans for it and got some done before I shelved everything for the last couple years... I can't even remember how far I got on it or where I left off... I know that I got the change figure, skins, clothes, glasses, earrings, hats, fantasy, move, saythis, rudrunk, close eyes, open eyes, goto and zz all working along with a help command/menu shown below to help remember the commands...

I know I also got some random stuff working like random yawn, fidget, change subject, mood... but I can't remember what else.  If I get back into all of this I'll have to spend some time just figuring out where I left off.

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 11:48:00 pm »
Beautiful artwork Jake. I like your Jake Help window too. It looks like it functions somewhat like the hapswap plugin. :)
ted

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 08:08:17 am »
Jake,
  I was able to find the link : http://halwindowscentral.com/NewHaptekGirl.aspx
Looks much better without the boots. The vrHaptek plugin is at Virtual Humans Forum.  There is also the AutoHapGenerator which Nige found for me at this site.  A search here should bring it up.  You have to work with it for a while to get used to it, likes to shut down and you have to enter all the movements again which can be fustrating.
  What I call the trigger haps is scripting inside the brain or a plugin that tells hal to call or trigger a particular hap, sounds similar to what you have done.  Anyways for ages I've been wanting to have Hal's response trigger the haps, she says I want to wear the blue pants and it triggers the jpg to load on her. Looks like your fairly or pretty advanced.
  Question,  When you first start Hal, you get the Hal screen that has: Chat with hal, Options, Help ect.  You click Chat with Hal and the Hal GUI opens, the chosen Haptek character loads, until you enter some text the brain is not in use?  Is this correct?
Carl2

Jake

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 01:48:58 am »
@Carl2
Thanks for the links... I'll check'em out.
On your question about if the brain is accessed before you enter anything... I either don't know or have forgotten... it's been a while.  I do remember, in the brain, that I had to move the "PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA2" to just under the "Function UltraHal()" that is at the top of the brain and I had to make my ja1basescript.uhp" plugin number 2 to make things work they way I wanted and I also remember that I had to come up with a "skip" routine in my script because the brain does 3 passes for each input and on my special commands inputs I needed it to be 1 pass, so my skip routine allows the first pass and skips 2 and 3.  Like I said, it's been a while but it seems like the rest was pretty easy... in the script you check for certain input and if found you execute a HapTek command, you can even put in a random factor so if you have a trigger word like "smile", the character will randomly react to it.  I made most of my triggers something I would not normally type, such as "chghair" changes to the next hair in the list of hair available... that is so I can manually tell the character to change hair when I want it done for sure... but you could also have a trigger for hair with a percentage of randomness and based on key words running the routine such as an occurrence of the words hair and change in the same sentence but also based on conditions, time, day time since last change, etc, mixed in with the trigger.  You can even set vars to keep track of what is current so if you ask your character, "what color is your hair", they will actually answer you with the current color of hair they have.  You could really make it quite complicated if you want.  Here's a snip from my script showing the manual hair change command "chghair"...

'chghair---------------------------------------------------------------------
If InStr(ja1_InputString, "chghair") <> 0 Then
  'MsgBox "ja1_InputString = -" & ja1_InputString & "-"
  ja1_file = ""
  If ja1_current_hair = "" Then
    ja1_current_hair = HalBrain.TopicSearch("current_hair", "ja1_vars")
  End If

If ja1_current_hair = "acc_Hair_06_Shag_BlackBlue" Then
    ja1_file = "acc_Hair_06_Shag_BlondeStrawberry"
    HalCommands = HalCommands & "<HAPFILE>" & ja1_pathAccessories & ja1_file & ".hap" & "</HAPFILE>"
  End If

If ja1_current_hair = "acc_Hair_06_Shag_BlondeStrawberry" Then
    ja1_file = "acc_Hair_06_Shag_OrangeFlame"
    HalCommands = HalCommands & "<HAPFILE>" & ja1_pathAccessories & ja1_file & ".hap" & "</HAPFILE>"
  End If

If ja1_current_hair = "acc_Hair_06_Shag_OrangeFlame" Then
    ja1_file = "acc_Hair_06_Shag_Brown"
  End If

If ja1_current_hair = "acc_Hair_06_Shag_Brown" Then
    ja1_file = "acc_Hair_06_Shag_DrkBrown"
  End If

If ja1_current_hair = "acc_Hair_06_Shag_DrkBrown" Then
    ja1_file = "acc_Hair_06_Shag_BlackBlue"
  End If

'save current hair to database
  HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = false
  HalBrain.RunQuery "UPDATE ja1_vars SET topic = """ & ja1_file & """ WHERE searchString = 'current_hair'", ja1_tempVal
  'send command to UltraHal
  UltraHal = UltraHal & HalBrain.StoreVars(HalCommands, Hate, Swear, Insults, Compliment, PrevSent, LastResponseTime, PrevUserSent, CustomMem, GainControl, LastTopicList)
  '--------------------
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 04:40:55 pm by Jake »

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 08:03:11 am »
  I like the idea of the randomness,  it takes away from the scripted responses and actions.  I'm used to seeing it with the case and spinwheel.  I just tried putting some script in the vr Haptek plugin, not working.

If InStr(vrUserSentence, " go there ") <> 0 Then
   vrFile = "GoThere.hap"
   GetResponse = "I hope you can still hear me from here. "
End If
If InStr(vrUserSentence, " wear the pantsuit ") <> 0 Then
   vrFile = " LoadSSC.hap "
   GetResponse = "How do I look?"
End If
If InStr(vrUserSentence, " come here ") <> 0 Then
   vrFile = "ComeHere.hap"
   GetResponse = "Here I am."

The second if then  is what I put in,  I originally had it load a .jpg which didn't work so I have it call the .hap which will load the jpg, still dosen't work.  I do get the response from hal.  I think at this time the problem is related to the vrFile.   
  Since I'm planing on having Hal respond to her own commands I have to use what she would say.  I'm from the days when we would insert some code into the brain, just finished doing a few searches to find familiar coding.
Carl2

Jake

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 10:28:03 pm »
Hey NIGE... I've got a version of the shag hair that you did that load a pink background with "www.nigesworld.com" on it.  Do you have a copy of that hair with only the hair?  I really like the color... I call it SandyBlond.

Thanks,
Jake  :D

NIGE

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 12:08:06 am »
Jake,  I've looked but can't find one with shag in the name?
It should have a name.
Send me a mail with the name & I'll take the background out & send to you.

Jake

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 01:05:19 am »
sent ya an email!  Thanks!  :D

NIGE

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 01:28:05 am »