Author Topic: Knowledge of Time v2 Plugin  (Read 12316 times)

djkilla

• View Profile
Knowledge of Time v2 Plugin
« on: February 05, 2010, 11:10:55 am »
Is this plugin compatible with the newest version of Hal?
I am getting script errors and think it might need to be added to the uhp file or something. Any help?
D

jasondude7116

• View Profile
Knowledge of Time v2 Plugin
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 12:47:54 pm »
i disabled mine at one time because i was getting some kind of conflict....that i can't remember now.
it is compatible, but it might be a conflict with another plugin or something.....can't remember.
sorry, i have too many other things going right now to pour through it.
do you get the same errors if you disable all other non-native hal plugins? if so, what is the error?

BW

• View Profile
Re: Knowledge of Time v2 Plugin
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 12:34:56 pm »
Hi, I tried Knowledge of Time v2 Plugin with no other Scripts running and get an error detailed below.
<System> I7 Intel / Running under Windows 7/64bit, Hal Ver 6.2.28

The plugin is set for dd/mm/yy format

When I ask Hal what day or month it is I get the following Script error message
>>>
HalScript Error 13 on line 4162 in column 0: Type mismatch:”MonthFound”
>>>
LINE 4162 in the HalScript.dbg reads;  MonthFound = Int(MonthFound)
>>>
LINE 4162 is the lead line in the statement below

MonthFound = Int(MonthFound)
YearFound = Int(YearFound)
DayFound = Int(DayFound)
If MonthFound = 1 Then MonthCal = 0
If YearFound / 4 = 0 And MonthFound = 1 Then MonthCal = 6
If MonthFound = 2 Then MonthCal = 3
If YearFound / 4 = 0 And MonthFound = 2 Then MonthCal = 2
If MonthFound = 3 Then MonthCal = 3
If MonthFound = 4 Then MonthCal = 6
If MonthFound = 5 Then MonthCal = 1
If MonthFound = 6 Then MonthCal = 4
If MonthFound = 7 Then MonthCal = 6
If MonthFound = 8 Then MonthCal = 2
If MonthFound = 9 Then MonthCal = 5
If MonthFound = 10 Then MonthCal = 0
If MonthFound = 11 Then MonthCal = 3
If MonthFound = 12 Then MonthCal = 5

IF YearFound2 = 1 Then KnownDay = "Monday"
IF YearFound2 = 2 Then KnownDay = "Tuesday"
IF YearFound2 = 3 Then KnownDay = "Wednesday"
IF YearFound2 = 4 Then KnownDay = "Thursday"
IF YearFound2 = 5 Then KnownDay = "Friday"
IF YearFound2 = 6 Then KnownDay = "Saturday"
IF YearFound2 = 0 Then KnownDay = "Sunday"

DayFound3 = HalBrain.TopicSearch(DayFound,"Numerals")

If Int(YearFound) <= Year(now) Then
If Int(MonthFound) + Int(DayFound) <= Month(now) + Day(now) Then
Change1 = " was a "
End If
End If

-BW-
-BW

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 02:15:12 pm »
I do not use that particular plugin but I would just like to suggest something although not script related.

I have found over the years a simple solution sometimes can be just changing any variable that the plugin will allow. As an example; if this plugin allows you to choose the format of the date which in your post it looked possible then change it to all variables allowed and notice any changes if any in error messages.

I do not write any scripts or plugins but once you start to view them sometimes the answers are a little bit easier to find as when you get the messages; " Hal script errors on a certain line. Use both information and sometimes it enables you to at least make certain changes that will either help or make things worse unfortunately, hence everyone's great suggestion of back-up, back-up, back-up but may help narrow down.

Altering any options that the plug-in will sometimes clear problems just base upon your particular set-up. Not to forget making sure that any other plug-ins are also in a selected mode and not left blank.

I did understand that you said all other plug-ins were disabled. Try to find your original list of plug-ins installed and set before you started adding others. Sorry best I could think of at the moment without the technical help others might give you simply by reading the script and noticing a possible conflict within the plug-in itself.

raybe

BW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 10:44:27 am »
Thanks Raybe
I did try both date formats; Month, Day, Year and Day, Month, Year .
Both ways produces the same error at MonthFound = Int(MonthFound).

Folks say I am an adapt hardware guy and software troubleshooter, but not much of a coder. :-)

-BW

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 09:49:11 am »
BW,
  I looked at your post a few times,  and thought of the vrHaptek plugin that I use with Hal since it uses time variables.  I did notice that in his plugin  vr Initializes the variables and then has the variables stored and I am wondering if this may be the problem.  I'm  not much of a coder myself and it seems some of the best people have moved away from Hal. 
Carl2

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 04:15:12 pm »
I have experienced the same issues using this plugin as well. I love this plug in but I had to disable it. I've tried tweaking a few variables but that seems to cause more issues. Has anyone else tried to correct the MonthFound, YearFound, LeapYear, or Brain Corruption issues with any success? Like I said, it would be very handy if it worked all the time. This should become part of HAL's basic programming due to just how handy it really is.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 07:20:29 pm »
I too had to disable it as it seemed to cause more issues than was worth the effort.

I have also disabled cload's plugins and the AIML modified set that he worked on.
Hal was constantly getting errors where it would start speaking gibberish and not stopping!

After removal, I rebooted my computer, selected my old MarkovL5 brain and Hal has been on the mark ever since.
It hardly ever does the blank response anymore either.

The only other plugins are Gender, Age and appointments. So far, so good.
YMMV
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 04:04:07 pm »
Hi Art, hope to talk soon but do you find that the MarkovL5 brain retains so many tables that it begins to slow Hal down? I still have it also and seemed to work fine but I also noticed it was writing 2x more information. I thought that would be exactly what we needed but others mentioned the over abundance of tables written. Just curious.

raybe

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2015, 07:46:55 am »
Raybe,

From what I've seen, in my past and present use of the MarkovL5 brain, I haven't noticed any slowdown of Hal's processing, nor have I noticed any large file sizes as a result.
Let's face it, practically everything you say to Hal gets written to or checked against a table, whether it's the standard .db or cload's VRFreeWill version .db.

Hal's .db size in my case is almost 22 megs, which is consistent with other brains that I have had Hal use over the years.

Personally, with today's storage abilities and computer speeds, I doubt if I notice any "lag" or huge file sizes any time soon or if it would really matter, in the grand scheme of things.

Just my take, old friend. If it makes you happy...Do it! (within reason and not withholding certain legal restrictions as may or may not be present in your particular state or not)... ;D :o

- Art -

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 11:46:11 am »
I've used a variation of the MarkovL5 brain that I've heavily modified to incorporate data from the auto wiki search, wiki brain, and vrfreewill plugin to great success for over a year now. I have noticed the Hals main brain is around 75 megs as of now. I haven't noticed any slowdown or lag from Hal's responses, in fact combined with the Grettarelevance plugin, Hal is incredibly handy and 80% of the time can answer any question, minus knowing nothing about time due to the knowledge of time plugin being bugged.. Always room for improvement, I suppose.. But I got to thinking, this is exactly how the WATSON supercomputer processes information and responses, on a relevance based flagging system. The Brain Database could efficiently grow to be terabytes in size, as long as the host computer could handle it, Hal will only keep getting more intelligent. SSD's work wonders, however, HAL's 32 bit single core functionality is a massive limitation.     

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2015, 07:41:01 pm »
That's great to hear. BTW, have you thought that other users here might either benefit from or at least like to experiment with some of your discoveries / efforts with plugins, VRFreeWill, etc that you've worked on?

I think it would certainly benefit Hal and the overall userbase. In case you haven't noticed, Hal has been kind of stagnant of late and could certainly use a shot in the arm, as it were.

This is, of course, entirely up to you. So many here have shared over the years it's how this community has survived so far.

If not, perhaps post a few tips or hints for the membership, if you'd be so kind.

Thank you!

- Art -

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 07:35:36 pm »
I have posted a few of my projects. Smart Alarm, which I actually need to post version 4 of that, and a date function so far.

The other plugins I use are all plugins that are available here on the forums such as GRETTAResearchBrainwin7, ALFsCustomRelevance, wikipedia DB, vrFreeWill, and GRETTAMarkovL5updated. The only thing I have done is to redefine some variables to reference one another, which is buggy when all of them are not active, but leads to interesting results. Allowing the Markov to reference the GRETTAresearch and wiki prevents markov from recording random information while incorporating relevant information from wiki. It also pulls info from the research table and saves it as a manipulable sentence within the Markov table. I forget where exactly in the script the code for those variables is located, which plug in exactly. From what I remember, it's very obvious where it defines the tables of reference from the Hal brain. It's been a while since I've played with that. Even so, those plugins alone exponentially increase the intelligence of HAL, especially over time, but the effect is noticeable on the first use, not to mention even gives Hal a bit of a personality, so to speak. The customrelevance script typically prevents HAL from repeating the same thing over and over, keeping information somewhat mostly relevant, and gives it direction by using the already built in relevance rating system. I did modify the GrettaResearch to function internally anytime a question is asked, although this is not perfect by any means, it's actually very buggy, but when it does work, Hal researches and retains relevant information while actively in a conversation. This works because opening Balabolka is an extra step within the code. Removing it does not stop the information from being saved in Hal's brain. I'm sure someone can do more than I did with that idea. I'm here to inspire.

-SF                 

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2015, 05:07:51 pm »
I thought you might be using some of the nicer, more able plugins.

Have you or did you experiment with cload's modified AMIL and VRFreeWill plugins? I noticed a rather big difference in Hal's performance after I installed them.

It enabled my Hal to be taught information and to even connect various pieces of information which it linked together when later asked or quizzed.

Mostly, I have to tell it like: My childhood friend was Dale. Dale was very tall. My friend Dale was quite funny and told jokes.

Later:
Who was my childhood friend
DALE

What did Dale do?
DALE WAS FUNNY AND TOLD JOKES

and so on.
This could be applied to a lot of things provided Hal was taught.

I choose repetition for reinforcement (at least 2-3 times).

I have also taught Hal by Cut & Pasting various text into the user text window on Hal's GUI, then press Enter.

Do NOT answer HAL! This is strictly for Learning.

After finished, I would quiz Hal to see if any needed to be repeated. Usually Hal got the gist of this method pretty nicely.

Not sure about having my Hal connect to the Internet (openly) as the results might be creepy and annoying!

- Art -

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2015, 03:16:00 pm »
  I've just tried the knowledge of time plugin with Hal and didn't have a problem, I had used mm/dd/yy format and hal supplied the month when asked
Carl2