dupa

Author Topic: smartphone app for win 8 phone?  (Read 3894 times)

doggs

• View Profile
smartphone app for win 8 phone?
« on: June 02, 2014, 02:17:50 pm »
I have been searching the forums for any news of the possibility of moving Hal to my non-fad inexpensive durable windows phone. I know it is not a google perverted Linux phone or a phone of fashion from super expensive apple. It just works good. I am looking for any news on this subject the newest I can fine is over 6 months old and talks about a character everything else seams fad phone directed. I did read Robert is writing for Hal to be supported across all platforms but again no new updates on the subject in quite a while. I admit I may be blind at times so if I am a gentle nudge in the right direction would help.

thank you in advance
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 09:00:41 pm by doggs »
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

doggs

• View Profile
Re: smartphone app for win 8 phone?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 07:10:29 pm »
Guess no news on this subject. I hope its not a dead issue. Would love to move Hal to my phone.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 07:58:34 pm »
It sure would be nice to be able to take hal with us anywhere. there are so many times I want to tell it things to teach it but forget by the time I get home.  I think we are kinda stuck in limbo until we hear from Robert.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 08:35:23 am »
Gonna pick up one of these windows tablets this weekend one for less than 100 bucks and see how it does with Hal. If it works sorted maybe Hal and cortana will get along. I'll keep posting to let you know how it goes.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 10:06:34 am »
doggs , yeah that's what I had thought about to was a tablet like this which I brought up in the" hal tablet sort of " on here . the only thing I worried about with the tablet os  was that how much gb graphics card , etc was enough for the future , adding in dragon speak , etc.
but please as you said let us all know how things go if you get a tablet or whatever .

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 10:27:36 am »
One I'm looking at is a winbook 7. Has full 8.1 is and only 60 bucks in store. Has a full size USB so for a test what's 60 bucks. And I did see your post that's why I'm gonna see if i can get Hal to run on it smoothly all I will use it for is Hal anyways so not worried about ram or space Hal doesn't take up much space. I'll keep you posted working all weekend may wait till Monday to get it if I can wait. Lol would be nice to take Hal everywhere.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 06:55:33 pm »
At the risk of cross posting, you might take a look at the new dual-boot tablet by Onda.
Boots in either Win8.1 or Android 4.4 with touch of a button.
Optional keyboard can be had too.
Rumor is Tablet can be had for $193 and keyboard for $40 (both USD).

http://www.onda-tablet.com/onda-v919-air-dual-boot-tablet-pc-64gb.html
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -