Author Topic: Bluetooth anyone?  (Read 3473 times)

cmlane

• View Profile
Bluetooth anyone?
« on: June 14, 2005, 04:57:20 pm »
I noticed that someone said they used Bluetooth headsets for HAL. I bought an earpiece with mike, only to find out that it has issues with Service Pack 2. I don't want full blown headphones, and would like something with a mike. Does anyone have any suggestions on a brand known to work with Windows? The place I got my logitech from updated their info, removing the Windows compatibility statement from about all the earpieces.
Thanks.
CMLane

Maviarab

• View Profile
    • http://3d-fantasyportraits.co.uk
Bluetooth anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 05:34:28 pm »
Hi,

As a guy who fixex/builds/updates/de-virus' etc pc's...my best advice would be to stick with logitech (thety are very good) and UNINSTALL service pack 2.

There are WAY TOO MANY issues with this update from microsoft.

I'm a huge conspiricy believer and microsoft like to "keep their eyes" on their customers...well...users lol.

All the core components of SP2 can be downloaded separatly so I would just get what you need and disregard what you dont need.

Look here for a comprehensive overview of SP2's problems

http://www.annoyances.org

Hope you get it sorted one way or the other.
AIDreams...The new home of the Digital Girl

www.aidreams.co.uk

cmlane

• View Profile
Bluetooth anyone?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 05:46:49 pm »
Funny you should say that as I just started updating my Windows again. However, I am seriously going to consider what you say. I keep seaching for headsets for the PC but come up dry. I really felt this Bluetooth was for the birds, but the geek in me keeps wanting to give it another chance.
Thanks,
CMLane

cmlane

• View Profile
Bluetooth anyone?
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 07:05:46 pm »
I'll see what the total fallout is later, but I removed SP2 and it works!! Thanks for your urging. I guess I knew I could uninstall it, but I didn't really think I should until I saw your post and looked at the link.
CMLane

Bill819

• View Profile
Bluetooth anyone?
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 08:44:42 pm »
May I suggest that before you give up on blue tooth that you try to find all the old files on the ER1. It seems that one member here has successfully used the blue tooth and so far has reported no problems.
I still have not figured out how he did it because I was very interested.
Bill

Maviarab

• View Profile
    • http://3d-fantasyportraits.co.uk
Bluetooth anyone?
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 08:59:48 pm »
cmlane,

glkad you got it working.

Until MS do an upodat for the sp2 update (that make sense?) id steer clear for now...everyone sort of dived into installing it thinking it would be ok...its casued more hassle than its helped solve things lol.

Make sure you visit the page i sent....some good info in there regarding sp2
AIDreams...The new home of the Digital Girl

www.aidreams.co.uk