Author Topic: ATT Natural Voices  (Read 6210 times)

1WholesaleKing

ATT Natural Voices
« on: November 15, 2008, 10:20:01 pm »
I am useing WinXP Pro OS. I am trying to install ATT Audrey & Charles
The progress bar gets half way and then it starts makeing a clicking sound, then the progress bar stops. The program is still trying to install.
I thought the disk might be dirty, but after cleaning they both stop in the same spot.

I can use the help I can get.

raybe

• View Profile
ATT Natural Voices
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 11:07:52 pm »
Welcome 1WholesaleKing,

Sorry I am not the savvy guy in the forum but there are plenty of members that are incredible in diagnosing problems over these posts.
Just to start you mentioned a clicking noise I assume from your DVD,CD Drive. Have you tried any other disks be it data or music files to see if the drive is definitely functioning properly? I am also assuming that you have tried more than once and had same result as apposed to something else freezing during the install of the ATT voices.

raybe

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
ATT Natural Voices
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 01:02:46 am »
A lot of the voices can be downloaded as trial versions, they are the real thing just missing the activation keys, try downloading the trial versions and then activate them with the key.
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

1WholesaleKing

ATT Natural Voices
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 04:07:01 pm »
Darcy
My voices were bought from ATT I have used them befor on another computer with the same OS. All I did was change my MB and prosessor from an Asus CUV 4X-V MB, Intel 3.2GHz prosessor and 4GB or RAM to a
Asus P5KC MB and 2.66GHz Dual Core processor and 6GB of RAM I also have SAPI 5 installed I still have the same problem.

Raybe
I have 2 CD, DVD Drives and one of them is a duel layed DVD recorder. I have tried my ATT voices in both drives along with other CD and DVD disk the only problem disk is the ATT voices.

This forum is the best chance I have to fixing my problem.

raybe

• View Profile
ATT Natural Voices
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 06:16:59 pm »
1WholesaleKing,

Do you happen to have another computer you can use to load the CD onto? I'm still wondering if it is a physical problem with that particular ATT disk since other disks seem to work on your system.

raybe

1WholesaleKing

ATT Natural Voices
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 02:05:34 pm »
Rebe
I installed Charles-UK on my wifes computer it works just fine. There is somthing with my computer that is preventing the voices to install. The only differance between our computers is her OS is XP Multi Meadia and I have Dragon Naturally Speaking 9 on mine.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
ATT Natural Voices
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 04:53:15 pm »
HEY!,
If you are doing work on your own comps you know "clicking" noises are not good. Try and get your money back or/and try to get an image from a burner and see if a different disk will do

P.S. DO NOT let the blue smoke out, all the electronic gadgets run on blue smoke so don't let it out ;)

[:)][:)][8D][:)][:)]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
ATT Natural Voices
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 04:58:41 pm »
BTW,
you should know that XP Pro or otherwise only recognizes 3.5 gigs of ram

may I ask what do you think you are going to do with all that ram[?][?]
6GB OMG!
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

1WholesaleKing

ATT Natural Voices
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 05:50:28 pm »
I fixed my problem, I uninstalled Hal, and installed the voices than reinstalled Hal it works great now.

Thanks for all your help.

raybe

• View Profile
ATT Natural Voices
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 06:58:33 pm »
Hey 1WholesaleKing,

Thats great that you took your time to try a couple different approaches. Many people find it easier to assume it is a $50.00 product before checking a $9.00 interface cable. Sometimes you need to just work through it and learn and it will go to help possibly some one else on the forum. So good luck and good work. Don't forget because you will read it many times from many different people. Backup,Backup,Backup. I suggest the entire file as apposed to just the brain data base. Over time you will accumulate other skins and GUI's and various characters or plugins. Many people do not keep the extra's in a seperate file but within the Zabaware file so my advice is to backup everything. Or whatever your comfort zone is. But backup!!

raybe