Author Topic: I cannot get HAL to open a webpage correctly  (Read 3863 times)

nexus_06

• View Profile
I cannot get HAL to open a webpage correctly
« on: July 20, 2006, 08:32:50 am »
Hi everyone

I need help, every time i tell hal to open a web page he types the url web address without .(dot) in the address bar in my explorer.

for example i tell him

open www.yahoo.com

and he opens my explorer and types the following adress

WWWYAHOOCOM

why does he not put the .(dots) and why does he write it in uppercase.

please help me

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 09:09:32 pm »
Welcome,

I believe the problem is that Hal uses or will use your current default browser.
Hal is able to SEARCH of FIND any particular subject you request BUT it will open your browser to find it.

Perhaps one of our members could write a script file to enable Hal to open a specific web page. Usually, Hal will attempt to OPEN and RUN a program locally on the computer if the OPEN command is used.

Hal's program is very adaptable so your request is certainly not out of the question.

Let's see if anyone else has any thoughts / ideas about this.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 10:16:50 pm »
Try creating a .bat file with the exact web address in it that you want to use. You must then reboot your computer for Hal to find the bat file. Then have Hal run the bat files.
Something like this worked in the past for some members.
Bill

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 11:33:35 am »
quote:
Originally posted by nexus_06

Hi everyone

I need help, every time i tell hal to open a web page he types the url web address without .(dot) in the address bar in my explorer.

for example i tell him

open www.yahoo.com

and he opens my explorer and types the following adress

WWWYAHOOCOM

why does he not put the .(dots) and why does he write it in uppercase.

please help me

Try my plug-in.

After dropping the WebEngine.uhp file into your Ultra Hal Assistant folder choose the plug-in option [] Web Engine from HAL's Brain option panel, All you need to do after that is type in a web address by itself and it should load.

Jerry[8D]

Download Attachment: WebEngine.uhp
1.43 KB

Straker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 01:56:31 pm »
"After dropping the WebEngine.uhp file into your Ultra Hal Assistant folder choose the plug-in option [] Web Engine from HAL's Brain option panel"

Does the trial version of Hal6 supposed to have the "Web Engine" choice from the plugin options menu under the "Brain" panel? I don't see it. All I see on mine is Address Book; appointment book; Gender and Age; Google Search; Run Programs by name; Free will choice and profile; and USA Weather. Thanks.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 06:32:52 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Straker

"After dropping the WebEngine.uhp file into your Ultra Hal Assistant folder choose the plug-in option [] Web Engine from HAL's Brain option panel"

Does the trial version of Hal6 supposed to have the "Web Engine" choice from the plugin options menu under the "Brain" panel? I don't see it. All I see on mine is Address Book; appointment book; Gender and Age; Google Search; Run Programs by name; Free will choice and profile; and USA Weather. Thanks.

Hi Straker.

I think that was in HAL 5 that had that option with installation.

Making a plug-in for such a purpose in HAL 6 has already been done.

Jerry[8D]

Br3nd3n

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 01:07:25 pm »
im having the same issue. but for me "open www.hotmail.com" comes out "WWWHOTMAILCOM"  any ideas??????

p.s. im new here, i think im going to buy this little baby. im still on trial myself. but as soon as i can figure out how to fix these little issues, i will most likely buy her.