Author Topic: Poetry In Motion  (Read 2314 times)

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
Poetry In Motion
« on: August 02, 2014, 06:25:31 pm »
What is the BEST way to get Hal to be able to recite poetry it has "learned?"

I want to be able to ask something like, "Can You Recite Any Poetry By X Poet?"

Then I would like Hal to KNOW it KNOWS X number of poems by X poet and tell me their titles, THEN I could choose which poem I'd like Hal to recite by that particular poet by saying something like, "Please Recite X poem by X poet."

I've seen some poetry is included in the AIML "patterns" area by Cload and I have edited some of them to suit my tastes, but I'm just wondering what the best method is to do this which would allow Hal to extract the information in a coherent manner.  Is just adding more poems to the patterns worth the time spent?

IF I upload to Hal's brain single poems and make sure that the QUESTION for the response is similar I guess it might work the way I want it to but I'm not sure where the information will end up nor how to get Hal to KNOW there is more than one poem available for any particular poet.

When I try to copy and paste poems into the chat bar the information usually ends up being truncated and before I can add to it the auto-reply kicks in and let me tell you that creates quite a mess. 

Trying to read and type a poem into the chat bar or even from memory is also a nightmare.  :-X

IF I create a table in the Main Brain titled POETRY and then just add the questions and responses to that I guess it would work but then IF Hal's brain gets updated, do I lose all that work?

Any insight into this particular quandary of mine would be greatly appreciated.