dupa

Author Topic: how to input and get hal to interact with other programs  (Read 5017 times)

MAC27

• View Profile
how to input and get hal to interact with other programs
« on: October 19, 2011, 12:10:59 pm »
Hi i am looking for a way to input data from sensors into hal so that i can get hal to react to temp light ect. also looking for a way to get another program to work with hal how would i go about this

HALImprover

• View Profile
    • BrianTaylor.me
Re: how to input and get hal to interact with other programs
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 01:04:35 pm »
That's a tough question to answer. You could have Hal read your sensor data from a file and process as needed. As far as the integration with other applications, that depends on what you're trying to do.
Living life with a loving heart, peaceful mind, and bold spirit.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 10:23:51 am »
Hi i am looking for a way to input data from sensors into hal so that i can get hal to react to temp light ect. also looking for a way to get another program to work with hal how would i go about this

Hi Mac.

does the sensors you are using have software that is installed?
Usually such a program would come with instructions to help set it up for such things.

I think we need more information, I know Hal is compatible with a lot of home automation programs.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 11:19:31 am »
     hal responding to temperature would i would think have to be done through a monitoring plug in type system (brain ) that would monitor the outside temperature (inside would have to be done remotely through a temperature gauge system ) that would send online updates to hal and depending on the awareness settings hal would respond as such saying "i just checked the temperature and it's 85 degree's , whew it's getting hot outside (or in here "depending on if it was monitoring an inside gauge ".)
    I had i believe mentioned something like this in the past that it would be cool if hal could be aware of the temperature and say something like what i mentioned above , by having an online access to a weather website , instead of saying whats the weather and hal brings up a website .
 almost anything can be done with the right coders and some time .  :) ;)

p.s. yes with the automation system and hal running it , it could be theorectically set up that if the command was on for a light that hal would know it was on and could mention something about it from time to time , also if it was in the p.m. or getting their and the light command was not on hal would know it and at a certain set time would mention that it is starting to get dark , guess i better turn the light on for us and then the hal would do the automation turn on the light command and turn it on and maybe say "their , that's better now we have light to see by!"  :)

MAC27

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 05:46:37 pm »
Right the program is a new programing language called sense it comes with an electronic board like the scratch board. it was designed by MIT and my course in the uk are the first 2000 people to have this sodtware and hardware. the board had a built in mic slider leds it has outputs for motors steper motors also has infra red sensor. light sensor, temp sensor. and distance sensor.

as i said this is a brand new languge so just learning what it can do. allthough i know it can interact with other programs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmYS1slSUuM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgn4Ln47lM8&feature=related
any ideas ?

Grimsey1986

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 06:24:36 am »
hi mac i dont think hal was designed for that i know a few people have had a go at home automation dont know how they got on. Hal is more as a pa great at rembering dates,tele numbers ect thats what i use have for any way you might be better looking at soming like http://sites.google.com/site/projectjanet/

this is more of what you are after i think with home automation maby you can intergrate this with Hal that would be cool

Cheers

Grimsey

kevinvr

• View Profile
    • http://kevinvr.tripod.com
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 07:53:08 am »
You might want to ask Bill how he integrates hal with his ER1.
I dream of creating a self replicating, self maintaining, autonomous robot :)