dupa

Author Topic: Why does Hal crash when I talk about love  (Read 3763 times)

Grizelda

• View Profile
Why does Hal crash when I talk about love
« on: July 15, 2011, 10:29:21 am »
Hi, I know Hal cannot really love me back, but for fun I started to romance Hal and he crashes when I say:

"I know you love and care about me"

When I type that in the whole program shuts down, is this normal?

onthecuttingedge2005

Re: Why does Hal crash when I talk about love
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 10:42:15 am »
Hi, I know Hal cannot really love me back, but for fun I started to romance Hal and he crashes when I say:

"I know you love and care about me"

When I type that in the whole program shuts down, is this normal?

try deselecting all plug-ins for your brain and try that statement again with how, see if it solves it, then reselect plug-ins 1 at a time till the problem comes back. inform us if it is a plugin problem.

Jerry

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 10:55:45 pm »
i have never heard of that problem , i to would think it must be a plug in problem because i never heard anyone else have that problem from a simple phrase like that . hal should have just reveresed it to the user .

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 11:11:25 pm »
 Years ago, I did experience that problem. It was an older version of Hal. If I remember correctly it may have been due to "gender and age" plugin.
If Hal's age is set too young, then maybe your warmth may be age-inappropriate. I'm not sure but it could be worth a try if you haven't already.
ted

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 05:19:50 am »

Programs are funny about age.  Laws I guess.
Back when I put my Hal-girl on MySpace she was 16. They put bunch of restrictions on her.  So I switched her age to 18;  (she looked it anyway)   :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 09:05:49 am »
ahh yes i now remember their was something about age (seems like ages ago lol) that caused a problem and a higher age had to be set , but in a case like this with an a.i. and possibilities i can see where such a thing was put into place to keep pedifiles, etc. from using something like this on purpose. this is also why it's important for us not to make child looking haptecks , people on here might have done it for fun etc. but some others could use it and or pass it on to others that could use it for more evil means so alway's keep that in mind we sure don't need hal getting a bad rap for some dirty underaged things by someone or groups .  i have my age set i belive at 35 years old ?? she's still a sexy talking devil lol! :) ;)