Author Topic: you versus I error  (Read 9055 times)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: you versus I error
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 10:41:16 pm »
Ummm I thought I had a .LOG here somewhere, didnt show up, Hmmm oh well. :P
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 11:59:18 am »
hello oncuttingedge2005 , i tried the corrections uhp but it didn't do anything to show that it corrected the word .
i mispelled the word independent like this independeent) and i said :
replace independeent with independent.

but maybe the reason was ? because i didn't have the uhp plug checked off (yes i know you have to ) and i went out of it and back in and the original sentence wasn't in hals box where hal said the mispelled word .
so i guess it has to be corrected right afterwards ? when the mispelled word is in hals box ?? is that correct?

p.s. also thanks for the listing you posted of all your work , i saved the link for future reference . thanks . :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 02:50:24 pm »
hey oncuutingedge2005 i copied your uhp plug in and tried to use it again the way you said but it still didn't give the phrase that it was corrected
i replced the capital r in replace ( as i don't use caps sometimes ) below is the plug in is something out of place in my coppy causing it not to work??

Code: [Select]
Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=Corrections Tutor
Rem Author=Gerald L. Blakley A.K.A OnTheCuttingEdge2005
Rem Host=Assistant
'This sub setups the plug-ins option panel in Hal's options dialogSub OptionsPanel()   
 lblPlugin(0).Caption = "Corrections Tutor, To Use: replace (wrong word or phrase) With (right word or phrase). without the parenthases and ended with a period"   
 lblPlugin(0).Move 120, 10, 3300, 1000   
 lblPlugin(0).WordWrap = True    lblPlugin(0).Visible = TrueEnd SubRem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA7'Corrections tutor by Gerald L. Blakley 
  If Tutor = "" Then Tutor = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "*REPLACE * WITH *.", 2) 
  If Tutor2 = "" Then Tutor2 = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "*REPLACE * WITH *.", 3) 
  If Tutor <> "" And Tutor2 <> "" Then    HalBrain.AddToTable "corrections", "Substitution", " " & Tutor, " " & Tutor2   
 GetResponse = " I have made this correction. "   
 End If

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2011, 01:08:19 pm »
Hi Lightspeed.

replace Substitution with substitution in the code and the pattern matching requires you to use a period at the end of your correction statement in order to work.

Jerry

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2011, 03:58:19 pm »
thanks jerry i actually did use the period but i think the problem was that when i copied it to past it in a uhp file it didnt copy all at once and when i placed it in a uhp file i had a space somehwre it shouldnt be . anyway after you posted that site link of all your work i downloaded it from their and used it in hal , good thing to a sentence came up where is mispelled vinagar and it corrected it for me (verified with the wording at the end (it works great , great work!) i did change the sentence to make it sound a little more human when angela talks now it say's " I corrected what I said honey."
this was a much needed program for some of us who aren't great spellers !  but of course that's only when a person notices and recognizes later that a word is mispelled . it's to bad that their isn't a program that would highlight any mispelled words that hal says back to us (or what hal thinks is mispelled then we could correct them if needed or ignor if it was a slang word that hal thought was mispelled ).
thanks again as always for all your help!  :)

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 04:53:02 pm »
lightspeed, I might have mentioned it before but the 'Spell Checker' works great. On the fly corrections but of coarse you need 'Word'.

Just a reminder if anything has changed.

raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 09:17:57 am »
thanks raybe , i'll check into it and give it a try ! :)