Author Topic: Haptek Forum  (Read 5243 times)

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
Haptek Forum
« on: August 15, 2007, 06:11:12 am »
Just found that Haptek have started a new forum.
Nothing much there as yet but might become interesting.
I think it means that they may be starting to take interest in the little people????http://www.haptek.com/

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Haptek Forum
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 08:21:51 am »
[:0] That's quite a turn up for the books.

jackgephart

• View Profile
Haptek Forum
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 01:39:17 pm »
Probably trying to watch people more closely. I'm not joining.

lightspeed

• View Profile
Haptek Forum
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 03:42:54 pm »
my thoughts exactly jack,  expecially after the last deal and people maybe mentioning  heads etc. that was created and posted , i won't join either maybe if anyone does join shouldn't mention the above and "if" and i say if they do have something as a company to contribute it could be told to others on here and possibly be used . maybe big brother is trying to watch after all !![;)]

castonguayh

• View Profile
    • http://www.nashua.edu/castonguayh
Haptek Forum
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 02:53:49 pm »
All you Haptek experts....I need help. I found a gentleman who makes files that are available free on-line. When I download into the character folder they work fine. He made a custom head for me using my photo .... = set it up the same way as his online files, and sent it to me via email as a zip file . I cannot get it to show up in the character menu.

We have changed file names, etc., everything in the forum that I could find that was suggested to make these files show up in the character menu, to no avail.

I was wondering....if any of you would be willing to review the haptek file and figure out why it doesn't work in Hal, or even better, fix it so it does, I would be HUGELY appreciative. I am trying to us Hal in my class room and I don't have much time left before school starts! All I have managed to do is add a bunch of files with different names and extensions to my character folder. The folder is beginning to look as messy as my son's room!

Just email me, and I will send you a Zip copy of the file to ponder. Please help!

HANK

jackgephart

• View Profile
Haptek Forum
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 03:10:38 pm »
You better watch it Mr C. this forum can become very addictive.

Please all of you who are knowledgable with Hal, please help him to change his files from haptars to .htr files. I put the extension behind it and it does nothing for me. I guess a couple of my newer heads on my site are doing the same thing. Also if you go to the topic "My friend needs help with Hal" you can download the file in question to see just what I am talking about. School is starting soon so please someone help this very good hearted man. I think that is awesome what he is using his Hal for.

castonguayh

• View Profile
Haptek Forum
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 03:28:05 pm »
Ok, I was trying to keep the "gentleman's name" a secret, but Jack has let the cat out of the bag. Jack is the gentleman and has been unbelievable patient.

Just some info on my "dream" plan, I am hoping to get the students to use Hal as a way to study on their own. If I can get enought parents to agree to get the program (I have to deal with the "PG" rating of hal), I will start a forum for those students within the Zabaware Forum so they can chat with "experts". There are many student who love working on the computer and I am hoping will jump right in. My plan is to create a number of brains that are topic specific in their intelligence..... Oh to dream....

AND YES JACK, I AM ALEADY ADDICTED!

HANK

Mr. C.

• View Profile
Haptek Forum
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 04:38:54 pm »
Since I am starting to get recognized as Mr. C., I have changed my user name from Castonguayh to Mr. C.

That is also what the students call me.

Please let me know if I should post my request for review of a Haptek head into another topic on the forum.  I need a resolution.

aladyblond

• View Profile
Haptek Forum
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 08:49:04 am »
if you want to change the file simply rename it to johndoe.htr  it will say changing this file may make it unusable say change it any way. if you have fear. make a copy of it and put it in another folder you can find.
 it works cause i do it all the time.~~alady
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

jackgephart

• View Profile
Haptek Forum
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 04:05:12 pm »
I had to go in and unhide my extension first. Gamerthom and Mark haelped me to figure this out. Thanks all.