Author Topic: Batman  (Read 14943 times)

Davy

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2009, 05:04:00 pm »
Thanks snowman

I'm not really a good judge of my own work, what's good or what's not. But if you would like me to send you anything, haptars, skins, shirts, etc. just let me know.

I'm not good at full bodies, just made two or three. They are much more difficult to skin than heads.

Regards
Dave

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
Batman
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 05:06:30 pm »

More and more amazing... [8D]

Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

Davy

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 08:15:59 pm »
I made an attempt at the all-time classic, Frankensteins Monster. Not sure how close i came, but he's still a very mean looking brute. [:D]

jackgephart

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 09:49:37 pm »
Nice Frankenmonster, Davy. I made one also, it's my old friend Herman.

http://cid-165b8b35c5dcc4ee.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/HermanMunster3.zip

Davy

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2009, 11:52:39 pm »
That's really good, Jack. I notice your skins have the teeth on the right and tongue on the left. When i save a skin in People Putty, it's just the opposite. What's going on, does it really matter?

Another question, how do you create .htr files with your own background? I don't know how to do that.

Thanks
Davy

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
Batman
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 02:08:54 am »
It does matter Davy.
Fullbody skins have the teeth on the right.
If tou drop a skin on with teeth on the left, the teeth will not show.
Same with heads,you have to flip the teeth over.

I noticed with your scarecrow you have some straw showing around his ankles, you have taken the body section down to far.
Try using this template, just drop it on the skin you are making & make it transparent so you can see what is underneath

Insert Image:

tedathome

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 02:36:19 am »
That's really good, Jack. I notice your skins have the teeth on the right and tongue on the left. When i save a skin in People Putty, it's just the opposite. What's going on, does it really matter?

Another question, how do you create .htr files with your own background? I don't know how to do that.

Sorry, not to be answering for Jack, but here are your answers in brief. Jack and Nige are far better qualified to give you detailed answers.
 If you don't flip the teeth and tounge, you will notice your haptar has no teeth or tounge. You can flip the whole .jpg but you will be getting a miror image of your artwork and there is such a thing as right eye and left eye. I normaly might try cutting out the entire "eye bar" that is a rectangular cut that includes both eyes. Then I save that.

Next is where precision comes in. I usualy do a cut between eyes or on some, between the squares that are there beside most eyes. Then horizontaly flip and line up by eye - my eyes- paste back into eye bar. Too far up, teeth and tounge are recessed. Too far down, they stick out to far. This generaly works well for most. For absolute perfection, cut out just teeth and tounge marked with four dots at centers just off of teeth and tounge side and top and bottom center. Cut through centers of dots and flip. Position teeth and tounge so that dots come back together and then paint out dots and then paste back onto the flatfile you are using. msPaint lines them up automaticly, then just click save. Oh yes and don't forget to save your cuts as save as charactername eyes and eye cuts or you will lose your oringinal flatfile that you got out of P.P.
 As for backrounds, if you want to use it in Hal, just add the .htr to character page and also the backround pic with name changed to characternamebackround.jpg . If you want to put the .htr up for download on savefile or somplace like that,I'm not sure enough to say how, but I'm sure Jack will answer you. I just wanted to give a quick start for you and I hope my answers aren't to vague.
ted

Davy

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2009, 08:17:02 am »
Thanks Ted and Nige for the very helpful info. I'm still confused about teeth and tongue position for head skins. PP saves skins with teeth on the left, is that wrong? I have lots of head skins from others, some have teeth on the left and some on the right.

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
Batman
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2009, 08:41:56 am »
Davy, mail me & I will try & show you rather than take up space on here.
neiljenko@optusnet.com.au

lightspeed

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2009, 09:23:07 am »
davy thats some very good work you have been doing with faces , etc. keep up the good work !!( jack you already know i like all your work lol !!)
[:D]

Davy

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2009, 10:17:48 am »
quote:
Originally posted by tedathome

If you don't flip the teeth and tounge, you will notice your haptar has no teeth or tounge.

Are you talking about full body skins? I don't flip the teeth and tongue (not tounge) on my head skins, but my haptars "do" have teeth and tongues. ??

Davy

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2009, 10:49:55 am »
Thanks for the nice compliments, lightspeed. Learning is not easy, but i'm having lots of fun.

Here is my latest male head, Mike.

tedathome

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2009, 03:01:49 pm »
Thanks for the spelling lesson Davy.
 Here is an example of what I am talking about. On the second one I fliped the whole head.

I had a hard time getting him to smile but you can see the difference as regarding teeth. As for head or fullbod, the same applys.
ted

jackgephart

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2009, 04:58:45 pm »
Davy, here is a tutorial on how to show and change file extensions so that you can make a haptar file into a htr file. Hope this helps you.

By default the file extensions (like .txt or .doc) are not shown in Windows. And its sometimes necessary to change the extension to change the file format.
So, How to Show and Hide File Extensions in Windows?
If you are using Vista, Go to Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Click Folder Options.

If you are using Windows XP, Go to Control Panel and Under Classic View, Click Folder Options.

Click ‘View‘ tab, and Uncheck ‘Hide extensions of known file types‘.

Click ‘Apply‘ and ‘Ok‘
Another option to change file extensions when the extensions are hidden:
If you want to save a file in a format which is different from its current format, open the file in the editor and Click File -> Save As.
You will be given a pop-up box to enter the file name. Click the drop down in ‘Save as type‘ and select ‘All Files‘. Now enter the file name along with its new extension and save it.

So in a nutshell, all you have to do is be able to see the file extensions and change it from .haptar to .htr! That is pretty darned easy, isn't it?

Also for background changing and saving look here:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 05:19:02 pm by jackgephart »

Davy

• View Profile
Batman
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2009, 07:32:24 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by tedathome

Thanks for the spelling lesson Davy.
 Here is an example of what I am talking about. On the second one I fliped the whole head.

I had a hard time getting him to smile but you can see the difference as regarding teeth. As for head or fullbod, the same applys.

Hi Jack

I only have time for a quick reply, i will think about what you say here. I'm still having a hard time understanding, maybe i'm missing something. If you look at my skin, the teeth are on the left, i didn't flip anything. Then look at the screenshot of the .htr, he clearly has teeth. I know i must sound like an idiot, but what am i missing?