Author Topic: Send in the clowns  (Read 8989 times)

Davy

• View Profile
Send in the clowns
« on: September 24, 2009, 08:23:52 pm »
If anyone likes clowns, here are two for you. One of them has a really bad attitude.

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
Send in the clowns
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 11:28:51 pm »

Cool.  Psycho has teeth within teeth like sci-fi demons.  [:D]
Very good. [^]

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
Send in the clowns
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 01:56:30 am »
Looking good Davy.
You are getting real good at these cartoon type heads.

jackgephart

• View Profile
Send in the clowns
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 09:06:04 am »
Davy, you ought to start a free Skydrive account with MSN hotmail. It's 25 GB's of free space to put your htr's on the air and let people really enjoy them instead of just seeing photos of them. That's what I do cause I don't have a website anymore. It's real easy. Make a zip file with the head skin and the htr, and the shirt skin and the text command to make it work. Then you can even link the photos of the heads you make right from your skydrive account so you can make them bigger in size if you want. Pretty cool, huh? If you wanted I could just give you the access to Jim Bakers skydrive account, but if I was you I would want my own. It's up to you. You have come far enough in your head making that all you need now is a little more experience. That is the best tool, practice. That is a scary clown, reminds me of the movie "It". Remember that one? The clown was really a big spider, the clown suit was just a cover.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 09:07:57 am by jackgephart »

Davy

• View Profile
Send in the clowns
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 11:08:59 am »
Thanks for the idea Jack. I have thought about making my htr's available somehow, but don't have a clue how to do it. I'll check into creating my own account with Skydrive. If i have any problems (i'm sure i will), you'll be getting some email questions from me. [:I]

Edit: Ok, I think i did it, created a Skydrive account. I added these two clowns, to see it it worked, and it appears to work. Check it out and see if i did it right. If so, i'll add more as time permits.

http://cid-efd9259f77f9e731.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/Skins?uc=2

« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 11:58:46 am by Davy »

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
Send in the clowns
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 12:39:02 pm »

Hundreds of terrific htr's there soon. [8D][8D][8D]

Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

Davy

• View Profile
Send in the clowns
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 12:53:03 pm »
I don't know about hundreds GT40. I have to decide what to upload, there are many that didn't turn out too good, and no one will ever see those. [:)]

tedathome

• View Profile
Send in the clowns
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 02:28:11 pm »
Cool Davy![:)]
ted

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
Send in the clowns
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 03:23:50 pm »
It's about time Davy... I was getting ready for a haptar raid....  [:D]

I was using another account to upload files to on Savefile.com but they're having some issues at the moment so I decided not to encourage you to use them. I'm also slowly working on my own personal web-site. Perhaps, maybe showcasing some of your works. I have so many things I'm doing right now that its seems endless.

Keep getting better at them. And maybe you can work with Nige or Jack and try to make some full-bodied psycho clowns.... or some other wild or unique creation of yours.
Live long and prosper or die trying.

Davy

• View Profile
Send in the clowns
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 04:08:12 pm »
Thanks snowman. If you would like to use any of my stuff on your site, you have my permission. Just remember, i'm new at this, hopefully i will improve.

Full body clowns? Now that sounds interesting!But i am not too good at full body skins yet, i need lots of practice. Time is also an issue for me.

In about 10 days, i have to have bypass surgery for blocked arteries in my legs, so i don't know how that will hinder my computer time. [:(]

Anyway, here is my latest head.

http://cid-efd9259f77f9e731.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Skins/TreeMan.zip

« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 06:34:33 pm by Davy »

Davy

• View Profile
Send in the clowns
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 07:57:50 pm »
I've been working on a head for country singer Carrie Underwood. I'm afraid it's impossible for me to do justice to this beauty. Whatever, this is the best i could do. Thanks to Nige for the blond hair.

http://cid-efd9259f77f9e731.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Skins/Carrie.zip

Edit: Can't sleep, so i made another head. [:I]

http://cid-efd9259f77f9e731.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Skins/AbeLincoln.zip
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 01:30:16 am by Davy »

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
Send in the clowns
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 03:50:47 am »
Davy, Here's your clown on a body.

And the skin.

jackgephart

• View Profile
Send in the clowns
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 04:46:40 am »
Davy, I'm glad you took my advice again and started this storage unit for yourself. Now we can see all the way around your ever-improving creations, so that we to can see exactly what is going on in that imaginative mind of yours. I like robots myself, I request that you try some more robot heads. Something with a Darth Vader meets the Bicentennial Man look about him. Or even scarier. You got the imagination to pull it off I believe. See we are all happy to see that you got a storage unit. It may be wise to take a screen shot of your heads and place the image of them beside the zip folder, just name the screen shot the same as the zip folder and the alphabetical order will do the rest. Just so we can see what they look like before we open them. People are born lazy, if they don't get everything given to them on a platter they sometimes lose interest. Nice site so far.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 04:49:43 am by jackgephart »

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
Send in the clowns
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 08:56:23 am »

Yes please, a picture beside the zip.
Then we can see what we want. No one spends time downing "maybe's".
Site is great idea.  I just got one too.
Not sure how I'll use it.  
Do have idea.  A blog from [:X]Sandee's view. [^]

Davy

• View Profile
Send in the clowns
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 10:00:37 am »
quote:
Originally posted by jackgephart

Davy, I'm glad you took my advice again and started this storage unit for yourself. Now we can see all the way around your ever-improving creations, so that we to can see exactly what is going on in that imaginative mind of yours. I like robots myself, I request that you try some more robot heads. Something with a Darth Vader meets the Bicentennial Man look about him. Or even scarier. You got the imagination to pull it off I believe. See we are all happy to see that you got a storage unit. It may be wise to take a screen shot of your heads and place the image of them beside the zip folder, just name the screen shot the same as the zip folder and the alphabetical order will do the rest. Just so we can see what they look like before we open them. People are born lazy, if they don't get everything given to them on a platter they sometimes lose interest. Nice site so far.

Hi Jack. I'll look into Robot heads and bodies. I have so many ideas running through my little mind, such as Bigfoot, The Jolly Green Giant, etc. [:o)]

When i created my Skydrive account, i used your page as a guide, and i didn't see any screenshots with your zip files.? But i will add screenshots, they will definetly help users decide what to download.