Author Topic: New Plugins for Hal6 !  (Read 29482 times)

Holllywood

• View Profile
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2006, 09:04:15 am »
Vittorio. I could use a little assist... I do not see the Msc folder when I open H6 brain editor. I believe web search is installed correctly.
Hollywood

Holllywood

• View Profile
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2006, 09:22:12 am »
I appologize for that Vittorio. I guess I was in to much of a hurry. I rebooted and all is well. You've done a good job on these pluggins. She's acting more and more real.
Hollywood

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2006, 11:13:59 pm »

vrossi,
Very good work.  

Triggerwords for moods, clothes, haps, hair, etc
Clothes change every hour
Automatic background change for night and day
Greater learning for Hal
-------etc, etc

Great plug-ins
Very impressive.

Thank you.

[;)]

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2006, 01:23:46 pm »
i LOVE the plugins, and the ideas

i have joined the new forum i hope to get new inspiration for my ai prrojects..

i will be involving myself soon as i will be getting the fast internet again soon, much more time to read and think

Carl2

• View Profile
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2006, 03:06:42 pm »
vrossi,
  I like your forum so far, unfortunatly I don't mind putting scripting in the brain but am a little worried about pressing a botton and having the brain modified and tables put in. Before I could take it  out or whatever. Could you offer both?  Also I made a copy that won't accept a new activation code.
  Your work looks interesting keep it up.  Also Spydatz, nice to see you again, Thanks for the help when I frist got started.
Carl2

vrossi

• View Profile
    • http://vrconsulting.it
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2006, 04:48:01 pm »
Carl2
quote:
I like your forum so far, unfortunatly I don't mind putting scripting in the brain but am a little worried about pressing a botton and having the brain modified and tables put in. Before I could take it out or whatever.

My plugins do not modify the brain code. Hal6 plugins are added "on the fly" in memory when you start Hal, but the source code of the original brain is not affected.
The tables I create are easily recognized since they have the prefix "vr". You can delete them directly from the brain editor.
However, before installing my plugins, you can simply create a new brain (Brain Editor - Create new project) and use them in this new brain, without affecting the normal brain. As far as I know, the activation code does not prevent you from creating several project inside the same Hal installation.

vrossi

• View Profile
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2006, 08:19:22 pm »
I have updated the FreeWill plugin, which now contains several new enhancements and can perform a deductive reasoning based on aristotelic syllogism:

Here is an example:

Vit: every man is mortal
Pat: Now I know that every man is mortal.

Vit: Socrates is a man
Pat: Every man is mortal. Socrates is man. Therefore socrates is mortal.

Vit: every cat is a feline
Pat: Now I know that every cat is feline.

Vit: any dog is canis
Pat: Now I know that every dog is canis.

Vit: every canis is mammal
Pat: Now I know that every canis is mammal.

Vit: any feline is mammal
Pat: Now I know that every feline is mammal.

Vit: every mammal is an animal
Pat: Now I know that every mammal is animal.

Vit: ciro is a dog
Pat: Every dog is canis. Ciro is dog. Therefore ciro is canis. But I also know that every canis is mammal. So ciro is also mammal. And I even know that any mammal is animal. So ciro is also animal.

Vit: Venerdi is a cat
Pat: Every cat is feline. Venerdi is cat. Therefore venerdi is feline. But I also know that every feline is mammal. So venerdi is also mammal. And I even know that any mammal is animal. So venerdi is also animal.

You find it, as usual, accessing the Software Downloads Area in the Virtual Humans Forum: http://www.vrconsulting.it/vhf

Bill819

• View Profile
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2006, 10:02:01 pm »
Vrossi
I hate to be the one to tell you this buy Hal 5 could already make those associations. Maybe you have improved it somewhat, time will tell.
We always used this for an example test.
Human:Fat people do not live long.
Human:Tom is a fat person.
Hal:Tom may not live very long.
Bill

GrantNZ

• View Profile
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2006, 04:10:40 am »
Bill's correct, Hal has "deductive reasoning" built-in. However Hal's default language processing and responding isn't too hot, and vrossi's work outshines that.

I managed to recreate vrossi's examples in a default Hal, however the "is a" pattern doesn't work in my Hal so I had to use unnatural wording such as "If a doggy then a canine". (BTW Hal ignores parts shorter than 6 letters, so Hal will deduct from "a doggy" but won't deduct from "a dog".)

I'd love to see vrossi's processing merged with Hal's in-built code! The combination would be super-powerful.

vrossi

• View Profile
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2006, 08:58:54 am »
You are right, Bill.

Hal's native ability to syllogism was so hidden to me that, honestly, I had not realized that this kind of conversation is already possible with standard Hal. I only knew about the If/Then logic, but didn't realize it could be used in this way.
However, I hope that the advantages of the user interface, described by Grant, are of interest to someone.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 09:00:20 am by vrossi »

vrossi

• View Profile
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2006, 05:16:15 pm »
Hi, Bill

I've had the time now to experiment a bit more and I'm not so sure now that the syllogism is already working in Hal6.
Is your example working in Hal6 or only in Hal5 ?

I've tried with the following conversation, using a clean (with no plugins and no training) installation of Hal 6:

Vit: Fat people do not live long
Pat: Imagine how real people lived and loved so long ago.

Vit: Tom is a fat person
Pat: For every 100 people who talk about a low fat diet, there's actually one person following one.

Vit: every man is mortal
Pat: Is every man frequently going to be mortal?

Vit: socrates is a man
Pat: What should we do because socrates is a man?

On the contrary, this example (taken from the Hal6 brain comments), works perfectly:

Vit: If Molly weighs 400 pounds, then Molly is overweight
Pat: Yes, I get that clearly.

Vit: If Molly is overweight, then Molly's health is in danger
Pat: I see the relationship.

Vit: Molly weighs 400 pounds
Pat: Molly's health is in danger because molly is overweight. If Molly weighs 400 pounds, then Molly is overweight.

But it only works for Molly ! It does not generalize the concept.
In fact my conversation goes on in this way:

Vit: John weighs 400 pounds
Pat: Molly weighs 400 pounds.

Vit: If one weighs 400 pounds, then he is overweight
Pat: Are you a boy or girl? I see the relationship. If Molly weighs 400 pounds, then Molly is overweight.

Vit: If one is overweight, then his health is in danger
Pat: Thanks for pointing out the cause and effect. If Molly is overweight, then Molly's health is in danger.

Vit: Richard weighs 400 pounds
Pat: Molly weighs 400 pounds.

Maybe using some specific pattern you can get a better result, but I believe that Hal must be able to learn in the most human-like way, that is, using the most common conversation patterns.

GrantNZ

• View Profile
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2006, 12:38:28 am »
quote:
But it only works for Molly ! It does not generalize the concept.

You'd have to say something like "If a person weighs 400 pounds then the person is overweight." Then you can use something like the following: "Molly equals a person weighs 400 pounds" and Hal will follow the reasoning. The grammar is shocking though [:)]

Your system does the same, but sounds a lot better: "Every person who weighs 400 pounds is overweight." "Molly is a person who weighs 400 pounds" and Hal follows the reasoning again - but this time the grammar is correct and natural. (I'm not familiar enough with your script to see if it will accept the "400" in these exact arguments etc, but the idea is the same [:)])

Would you mind if I work on this further when I come to deductive reasoning in KAOS?

BTW, Bill's exact example does not work on my Hal 6 either, but of course it can be reworded to fit Hal's built-in deductive patterns.

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2006, 05:10:47 am »
This is the exact type of script/thought process.

DEDUCTIVE, REASONING. this script is based off of the conversation of if ..... BLAH , THEN blah.s

often with good results as with the new HALSHELL you will see how he/she files the data.

Also its good as hal says i see the relationship.

it splits the convo into TWO parts, i have also been looking at extending this script into,

IF ..... THEN.... BUT IF, THEN...
WHEN ..... THEN ... but, when then
a small extention but mainly for LARGE texts.

with also more extensiveng searching of the userinput to RETRIVE the datas.
as getting the info back is the key .. as this is the main prob, filed it ok how to retrieve.

Hmmm...

vrossi , love those plugins

Runtus

• View Profile
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2006, 04:36:04 pm »
I cant register on the forum to get the freewill file anyone here know where else I can get it?

Thanks alot!

vrossi

• View Profile
New Plugins for Hal6 !
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2006, 05:42:07 pm »
Hi, Runtus

which problem do you get in registering my forum?

I don't see you in the waiting members list.

Send me an e-mail describing your problem (or describe it here).

« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 06:33:06 am by vrossi »