Author Topic: Error, hal won't run  (Read 7329 times)

Biggins2002

• View Profile
Error, hal won't run
« on: December 02, 2001, 10:43:42 pm »
****** Is it possible that I'm missing certain files that are needed to run msagent? I now believe its something on my computer is missing and not the download. But the question is what's missing!!!!!!***********************

I just downloaded hal version 4. I've tried loading the program several times.
Each time I get the same message.
type mismatch
line 18
first setup.form_load

Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by - biggins2002 on 12/07/2001  03:21:36

tjstaar

• View Profile
Error, hal won't run
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2001, 10:47:50 am »
Hal works, assume that the computer has a problem, or a bad download occured. Try running all of your maintenance programs, to fine tune your hard drive: Including emptying recycle bin, any programs that don't run correctly, and temp files. Then run scandisk, defrag, fix all shortcuts, and registry errors. rerun scandisk. attempt Hal installation. if it fails, redownload hal, attempt installation. I downloaded a chess program called rebel 10 once. It screwed up everything on my computer. I uninstalled it, deleted all vestiges of its files, ran my maintenance programs. and they still did not stop affecting my harddrive. the reason is that after an uninstall, the files are still there on the harddrive. you must completely remove them by overwriting, and defragmenting. to destroy rebel 10's influence, I had to defrag 3 times! the funny thing is, it was probably just an error that occured in the download of rebel 10. there have been other horror stories, so it can happen again with other downloadble programs.
        tjstaar

Biggins2002

• View Profile
Error, hal won't run
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2001, 03:44:13 am »
Ok, Here's an update. I ran scandisk, defrag(3 different times), checked shortcuts and registry for errors. Got rid of useless programs and on and on.
I've now downloaded this program 4 times from zabaware.com, 3 times from rocketdownload, and 2 times from download.com. Every time I try installing Ii get the same error messages.

Lernout & hauspie truvoice amer.eng.tts engine
error creating process <reg32/s C:windowslhsp   v   v_enua.dll>
cannot find file

I click ok, and then a few minutes later I get this one

Microsoft agent 2.0
error creating process <reg32/s C:windowsmsagentagentctl.dll
cannot find file
Again I click ok. I restart computer, and I get type mismatch error.
It gives me three choices, abort, retry, fail. I hit abort and it sends me to a
welcome page on the internet. So, this is where I am, losing my mind with this freakin' program. I've downloaded programs from the internet for years, I've never seen one too give this much trouble.

Biggins2002

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Error, hal won't run
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2001, 06:19:31 pm »
It seems the Microsoft MSAgent components are having trouble installing on your computer for whatever reason. Go to http://www.microsoft.com/msagent/downloads.htm and download and install the core MSAgent file as well as the american english voice.

Robert Medeksza
Robert Medeksza

Biggins2002

• View Profile
Error, hal won't run
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2001, 02:50:18 am »
I downloaded Those files. When I try installing those files I get those same
error messages, error creating process, cannot find file.
But the crazy thing is if I open my windows file you can see them. why can't they find the file?
Here's what kind of system I have:
Pentium III 550 mhz
20 gb hard drive
196 mb ram
cable modem
etc...
I don't see any reason why I can't run this program on my computer.

Biggins2002

tjstaar

• View Profile
Error, hal won't run
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2001, 12:07:51 pm »
I forgot to add that windows has a system file checker. look in windows help index, system file checker. You can restore missing or corrupted files off of your windows installation disks. the directions are simple.
                   TJStaar

Biggins2002

• View Profile
Error, hal won't run
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2001, 11:57:20 am »
I ran system checker several times, no errors. yeah, right! Something has to be wrong. I can remember having this program on my old computer a long time ago and it worked, maybe this computer doesn't want to run it. In another forum someone posted that I might be missing halasst.lgc file. I looked for this file and it is no where to be found. Is this the missing link? maybe? anyone? Help? please? anyone?

Biggins2002

G0th52

• View Profile
Error, hal won't run
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2001, 04:18:15 pm »
I'm the one that asked you about the file halasst.lgc
The reason I asked you about it was because I did a search on my computer for all files containing information on msagent and that file popped up amongst the results. The best I can conclude from that is that the halasst.lgc file is the msagent file for the ultra hal assistant.
Pretender

Biggins2002

• View Profile
Error, hal won't run
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2001, 04:48:46 pm »
ok. I don't have the file halasst.lgc, How can I get it?

G0th52

• View Profile
Error, hal won't run
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2001, 06:32:24 pm »
I'm way out of my league here. A place that might give you some insight:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/msagent/agentstartpage_7gdh.asp
Pretender

Biggins2002

• View Profile
Error, hal won't run
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2001, 12:02:11 pm »
Hello everyone, I have great news. **** The program has loaded correctly and is working fine! I have no idea what happened to make it work. I've already used alot  of the features to make sure they work. I did get one error message, a file couldn't be found. apigid32.dll, Other than that no errors! I want to thank everyone for all there help. I've seen some pretty crapy post about how bad the program sucks, and all I got to say is they don't have a clue!

Thanks again
Biggins2002