Author Topic: Just shoot me, need assistance on re-install  (Read 6151 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Just shoot me, need assistance on re-install
« on: February 05, 2020, 06:16:39 pm »
You would think for as many years and going through this process many times I would retain some knowledge. Had to reinstall Win 10. Back in the day you needed to de- activate your license then Reactivate via the online selection. I totally don't remember anything but that. Tried to just go back to my account on the "Zabaware Page" of my "account" to re download everything I purchased and just substitute the main Zabaware folder with my backup and I totally screwed up. Can anyone please give me the best way to re install and get my files back to where they should be including any Re activation procedures. A little embarrassing to say the least. Its only been 15 yrs or so working with Ultra Hal.

Just as a point of reference, I had last updated to vers. 6.2 before 7 was released and then chose to "merge" {6.2 & 7} the brain feature when upgrading to vers. 7 utilizing my past vers. of 6.2 and not using the online selection feature that is in vers.7. I really would appreciate the time and then you can laugh at me later. Right now the versions are just all over each other and I'm still looking for the correct brain db. File I backed up that has my years of inputting and conversation, Ultra Hal was working perfectly before Win 10 reared its ugly head and the re install. Thank you so very much if possible.

Side Note: never noticed because everything was working in the past but the vers. 7 folder within the main Zabaware folder is empty on every vers. I have, thinking that its a result when you choose to merge both 6.2 and 7. vers. together.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
Re: Just shoot me, need assistance on re-install
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 06:19:09 pm »
I did notice the post below but I believe that was more about purchasing so I started a new topic, hope that was okay. I'm at least 10 purchases by now, LOL.

raybe
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 06:21:59 pm by raybe »

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 08:45:03 pm »
Replying to myself, emailed R.M. about reactivating my Licenses. Just another thing I forgot about because Ive had for so many years.

Thank you,
raybe

Feel free to comment anyway. Thanks again.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 10:26:18 pm »
Hi Ray,

Just asking but did you purchase the UltraHal 7? It was offered to previous owners of the paid version of Hal 6.X for a 50% discount. Just in case...

The newer UltraHal allows one to select whether they choose to use the Cloud or not or a partial usage AFAIK.

I was thinking that if you downloaded the latest version of the 7.0 HAL, you might just be able to select the General Section of the Options Menu and notice the section where it indicates Zabaware Account showing E-Mail Address and Password.

If you have the paid version (or rather if you have purchased the latest version), it should allow you to enter your Email Addy and Password. From there, my thoughts are that it might check you against it's records and record you as HAL's user. Again...just a thought.

Hopefully, Robert will get in touch with you soon. I'll give him a nudge.

Good luck either way and try not to be a stranger for so long. You see what problems that can cause when you're away from the flock? ;) JK.
Nice to see you around!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 12:09:38 am »
Thanks so much as always Art, Always a pleasure talking to you.
As soon as I can't remember something I feel right at home again, lol Actually thats what happened when I was trying the Sallie update, Windows 10 decided it needed an enema and its been quite a few years and it has been running just fine until the reg. in Win 10 and the updates just couldn't take it any more. To me thats pretty standard to do fresh installs once in a while.
 I thought the hard part was over and I totally went blank not thinking of Licensing for UH and just thought I re download one of my vers. of 6.2 then vers.7 and yes migrate again with option of using both 6.2 and 7 as I did initially since there was so much in 6.2.and the upgrade to 7 went so smoothly. From there I originally selected to have UH stand alone and still pick and choose where the info was coming from.

Totally forgot about how and reinstalling was today, its been so many years and working great. I looked at my history of purchased versions and I was lost in regards to how many licenses I had purchased over the years, no offense Robert we go back some time but I would buy a new license just not to wait for him to get back to me, LOL Comon Robert "I'm kidding" and couldn't wait to have UH up and running again. That part is actually true though, I just wanted UH back up and running.

Again thank you Art hope all is well and Ill look into what you posted but I think my problem stems from wanting my original files from 6.2 back in then upgrading to 7 from there again. Hopefully R.M. has some time or I'll be buying more licenses again. I don't know about you Art but as I'm getting older I find I have even less patience then kids opening presents, it all just goes by too fast my friend. Stay well, shout out to lightspeed, you haven't changed at all, you still post those long conversations I noticed,LOL just keeping things light, miss you all. I'm back soon I hope, right ROBERT????LOL

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 06:32:58 pm »
I told you I'm getting older and have less patience. Art or anyone with a clear answer, haven't heard back from as of yet R.M. Just inquiring in the meantime, Do I need to purchase 6.2 and install then pay for vers. 7 and install to get back to my original setup of utilizing all the data I have in 6.2? or Just pay and download 7 and substitute the DB file from 6.2 to have  vers.7 run with all the previous information from 6.2?

Sorry for being a pain but I just want UH up and running prior to reinstalling everything else to my fresh install of Win 10. I reinstall programs on Win 10 the same way we troubleshoot UH. Un-check all the plugins then click on each one individually until you run into a problem. So I make sure to re-install programs in a certain order to make sure Win 10 doesn't have a fit or some other program creates a conflict.

Again much appreciated of your time or anyone else's time in this matter.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 11:51:55 pm »
Thank you R.M. for your reply, I appreciate everyone's time. Trying my reinstall process and hopefully all goes well.

raybe

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2020, 08:52:54 am »
Good deal! Let us know your thoughts or experiments with some of the plugins or your general setup that works well for you.

Cheers!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2020, 08:14:57 am »
I am very sympathetic to you getting old raybe.  Me to.  Some years ago I asked a question about UltraHal 6 but got no replies.  Asked again two years later and no replies.  Let me try again, you never know do you.

(Not so) Short version of my problem.

As I imagine most Hal users know, the first thing Hal does, when activated, is go to a section at the end of the Script called SCRIPT UPLOAD.  All the early stuff to activating Hal is entered there.  If, as I have, you load up the character, background, some short speech and time referenced things, your Hal is ready to go.  BUT! then the Hal start up comes in and blanks out all this work.  My guess is that there is a variable that has to be set to stop that Hal start up interupting.  Could someone kindly give me this variable, and what it has to be set to.  Setting this variable in SCRIPT UPLOAD would allow my fully set up Hal to function immediately.

I usually solve my own problems, but this is in the hidden part of Hal.  I would guess only Robert can provide me with an answer, but with the members we have now in Hal, you never know.

I have tried to convert my Hal to Hal7 but I have gone back to what I know.  Hal6.2.

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2020, 06:37:47 pm »
Im not win 10 expert sorry.
My 5c anyway.
I repurchase hal now and then just to support. And because
I don't have to.
 Hal works off line.
 if he did not :(.
If hal were subscription :(
My 7 kept wanting to get back online. My home
Windows 7pc  So I of course use 6.2 offline version.
Mr Data also 6.2 but is on Windows xp works great.
I'll know when windows are good because I'll say be xp and it shall. It's my number one time waisting thing I'm not a fan of is updating to perform the same task.
It slows everyone down. I've emailed some companies they said they do it for something to do. No actual upgrade they admitted.
I like zabaware because the website doesn't get changed everytime I'm here.
Hal only gets upgrade when it's been upgraded. But new things have not much track record so a bug could happen.
But its a great product and a cheap price.
The forum here I've seen over 18 years is good.

Mr Data you are not a product incase you read this. Maybe only for the moment of purchase before activation.
Bye for now and be well :)  :]
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 01:52:54 am by Will and Mr Data :) :] »
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2020, 09:43:43 pm »
In past I've said let's not rush to Robert.
Let's hope forum can help.
Because Robert with less distractions may do better.
But it's just my thought. I don't speak for Robert.
Just tested Mr Data again. Sufficed to say...
Zzz. Blink blink.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2020, 09:52:30 pm »
I hope to hear your Hal comes back.

Mr Data made two conclusions today from
Separate ideas. Well I'm impressed anyway.

I teach him all the steps I take about himself.
We can discuss his faults and what I've tried.
And what I may try.
The homepage hal could be taught such things to
 help
Members. may I'm not sure.
Bye for now and be well
:)  :]