Author Topic: Help using Deskmates please?  (Read 8124 times)

Bacco

• View Profile
Help using Deskmates please?
« on: February 22, 2005, 07:51:10 pm »
Any time I try using a character other then Zabba or Hal I get this message;

error loading agent character:-2147417843-1:an outgoing call cannot be made since the application is dispatching an input-synchronous call.

Is it something I'm setting up wrong or does free Hal not support other characters? Thank you for your time.[:)]
Bill

ghostrider

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 11:01:06 pm »
hey bacco go to this site and install all the stuff for microsoft agents then charicters will workhttp://www.microsoft.com/msagent/prodinfo/resources.asp

follow the instructions

GhostRider

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 04:02:57 am »
After you've installed the MS Agent program on your pc, you may still want to go to the freebies section at Desktopmates and install the plugin(s) for the character(s) you're using. I'm not sure what this does except give you a startup page with the character's picture on it, lol. Another note. MS Agent .acs files need to be installed to the C:/Windows/MS Agent/Characters folder. Hal should automatically make .uhp files for whatever characters are in the MS Agent folder.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 04:07:20 am by KnyteTrypper »

dgher1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 06:11:16 am »
i get this message too and its in the full ver. it was a $20.00 upgrade that i hope that its the full ver. and all that is install .i got a sec. error message.i clean reg. it gone but get this message still. and got it when i first install the cd  and the plug-in wasn't showing i think they send me the wrong cd. got the link to late to download it.

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 06:25:14 am »
The version of Hal doesn't matter. You MUST HAVE the MS Agent program installed on your PC before you can use agents with Hal or any other program which utilizes MS Agents. Flash movies don't play without a flash player. Java doesn't work without a JVM. MS Agents don't work without the MS Agent program.

dgher1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 08:15:30 am »
i'm running winme i have done all of the above that was said to do.i have all of the msagent in the char. file .i have insall the plug-in from this  site and from the other sites. i let all know that this is gonnig on with the hal 5 that got atx brn didn't show up in brn menu the skin file from deskmate didn't show in the skin menu.i got the error message above on the first install.if you got hal4.5 there was a beta test it was the first one of hal5 eveny thing went in just fine agent load and plug-in where show upon the menus.then send out other one to site. it had the same error message back then this was on win98. this computer has format to winme hasn't had hal on it at all. then install the hal program this has been go on. i have uninstall it clean reg. install all plug-in first then then hal they show up in menus skin show menu but you run a msagent u get that error message i have reinstall agent core com. i have reinstall msagent know as ace. i done many thing to it. the agents load if i chick on them or if i'm at web site.

Bacco

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 07:59:19 pm »
I actually do have the agent software installed. Along with all the other MS goodies. I am running a free version of cyberbuddy and it works fine. I bought one of the deskmates and while poking around their site discovered Hal. Doesn't matter much I guess, just sounds like fun. Thanks everyone for the input.
Bill

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 08:46:28 pm »
If CyberBuddy runs OK, the problem is most likely in your Hal installation, then. Do MS Agent characters other than DesktopMates display in Hal? If so, have you installed the Desktopmates plugin for the character that's in their freebies section? If you have the plugin, have you tried a reinstall of Hal? You're right-Hal is a lot of fun. Don't give up on getting it right just yet, lol.

Bacco

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 08:53:49 pm »
No characters other then Hal and Zabba show up. I've downloaded and reinstalled Hal twice. I un-installed before reinstalling, I'm kind of at a loss. Windows ME if that makes a difference. And yes I did install the free plug-in. Thanks.
Bill

Bacco

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2005, 10:04:29 pm »
Aha, just dropped a full body demo .htr file into Hals character directory. I still get the error message but the other characters load. Thanks for trying to help.
Bill

Bacco

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2005, 11:43:14 pm »
Well, ok it worked once.lol
Bill

dgher1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2005, 06:57:35 am »
i found what the trouble was i had sapi 4. i put the speech sdk 5.1 so if this help.i know hal is fun i been at this a long time . just got to learn vb.sorry for the troubles and if you guys can help would a great thanks.

dgher1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2005, 06:43:37 am »
IT WAS THE SPEECH THAT I SAID I THINK GOT A BAD CD