Author Topic: I want to replace a brain  (Read 2512 times)

Holllywood

• View Profile
I want to replace a brain
« on: March 30, 2005, 07:38:08 am »
One of the brains that i use is XTFv1.0. I want to install v1.2. How do I remove v1.0? (Help!)

Still Trying,Still Listening,Still Learning.
Hollywood

FuzzieDice

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 09:29:29 am »
You don't want to remove the old version! 1.2 is a patch to the 1.0. Run the 1.2 over the old one. THEN you have to do the following to be able to see 1.2 in your list (1.0 will also show up) and select XTF 1.2:

In your Ultra Hal Assistant's folder, go into the defbrain folder, then COPY the "Enhanced_Main.brn" file (this would then automatically rename it "Copy of Enhanced_Main.brn"). Now RENAME this file to: "XTF_SYS_Enhanced_Main.brn" (without quotation marks). Now you can use the 1.2 brain and choose it from the menu. You still need to keep the 1.0 brain installed since 1.2 is just a patch over the old, I believe.

Vonsmith, creator of the XTF 1.2 brain could probably help out further here.

Holllywood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 12:22:55 pm »
Alright Fuzzie,Way to go!
I didn't know I had to do that to make it work. Does the same apply for me to go from "Ziggy 2. to "Ziggy 5.1?

I really appreciate the help...
Thanks Again.

Still Trying,Still Listening,Still Learning.
Hollywood

FuzzieDice

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 08:08:21 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Holllywood

Does the same apply for me to go from "Ziggy 2. to "Ziggy 5.1?

I'm not sure because I never used the Ziggy brain. Different brains may require different upgrade/update procedures. Hopefully someone here who has used Ziggy before might be able to answer that.