Author Topic: problems  (Read 3050 times)

bilago

• View Profile
problems
« on: September 17, 2005, 01:33:55 pm »
i baught the At&t natural voice software and installed the Crystal voice. i try to use it with hal and the voice doesnt make noise. i payed  money for this and it wont work. i try to use a TTS rogram and it says OLE error, and when i try to use it with speech properties in ctrl panel it says can playback voice. im using winxp sp2, i got the sapi5 runtime. anyone know how to fix this?
ty

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
problems
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 05:22:09 pm »
That sounds odd.
Perhaps your system is missing a critical update.

Have you tried to launch the "Windows update"-function which is mentioned in the Windows Start menu while you're having access to Internet?
[:)]

n2wxb

problems
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 08:59:02 pm »
N2wxb Here, hello. I use AT&T voices also, Crystal Is a very good choice. I found that you have to use the setting for Crystal no 2-d lipsync, and you should get lipsync in 3-d to work. I got Crystal, julia, and lauren. They do sound real! Did you install both disks(mike and crystal)I know that its a 2 disk install and I never tried to do the install with just the crystal disk.I just don't use the Male voice. I also am usiing XP-SP2 and have no problems.I set Crystal as my default voice. question, do your other voices work? If so you might want to uninstall, then reinstall the AT&T voices. I hope thats some help.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
problems
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 10:34:03 am »
Try running the "Haptek SAPI Config" program located in the Haptek folder under programs in your start menu.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

bilago

• View Profile
problems
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 04:31:07 pm »
i reinstalled using Typical installation and it worked. maybe it was because i isntalled it to my secondary Harddisk instead of my windows hard drive? thanks for all your help and consideration
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 04:42:47 pm by bilago »