Author Topic: Activation Code!  (Read 3498 times)

cadmar

• View Profile
Activation Code!
« on: February 27, 2006, 02:16:26 pm »
This has become a real annoyance! Every time I make changes to my system or have to wipe my drive & when hal6 is put back it tells me my license is corrupt. IT asks me to send my activation code to get the code I need to get hal working. I have not yet seen this code.
I have sent it a number of times now, I have emailed Robert twice.
I did pay for this and I should not have to go through this hassle.

If other companys can give you a key code that will always work with my system I cannot understand why a permanent key code cannot be made for hal6.

I need my key code, is Robert away some where?

Rick[:(!]
R. Downey

onthecuttingedge2005

Activation Code!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 02:58:50 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by cadmar

This has become a real annoyance! Every time I make changes to my system or have to wipe my drive & when hal6 is put back it tells me my license is corrupt. IT asks me to send my activation code to get the code I need to get hal working. I have not yet seen this code.
I have sent it a number of times now, I have emailed Robert twice.
I did pay for this and I should not have to go through this hassle.

If other companys can give you a key code that will always work with my system I cannot understand why a permanent key code cannot be made for hal6.

I need my key code, is Robert away some where?

Rick[:(!]

Hi cadmar.

Rob is passing through Greece at the Moment.

There is a file that is in the Ultra Hal Assistant Folder called HalTrial.Lic, It may be possible that when you do get your new key code that you could back up the HalTrial.Lic after you have been reactivated with your new code, I think each one is unique to each system so no one can hijack your HalTrial.Lic for their own system.

If you know what e-mail address and password you used to purchase the licensed version then go to http://www.zabaware.com/products/store/comersus_customerAuthenticateForm.asp?redirect=&idProduct=
and log in, all your purchase information is stored and can be accessed when you log in, everything you need is there.

Jerry[8D]

Bill819

• View Profile
Activation Code!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 07:00:28 pm »
You could also save yourself some headaches by first removing Hal before makine any changes to your system. You could do this all by yourself without any outside help and I don't think that you would need another key.
Bill

cadmar

• View Profile
Activation Code!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 08:27:15 pm »
By removing Hal from my system before I make any changes to it would mean I would have to start teaching hal6 all over again.
THis is actually what I tried to avoid. Before I wiped my system, I made a backup of hal program. After Windows was put back on I downloaded hal6 again. IT worked fine until I tried to drag the backup I made over hal so I could restore all the info he he learned since I had him. This however created a corrupt license file & 2 error pop ups.
In the end I had to wipe him out & reinstall him from the beginning.
HE works fine now. I just lost all I taught him.

What is the point of teaching hal anything, if you have to start anew every time you make a major system change. Why bother teaching hal anything.
R. Downey

Bill819

• View Profile
Activation Code!
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 09:32:54 pm »
Hello Cadmar
I would suggest that you find the files that contain what you had taught Hal in the first place, then copy them off line or somewhere else, then after reinstaling Hal just copy the old files back into Hals directory. It seems to me that this just might work.
Bill

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Activation Code!
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 01:10:42 pm »
Please email Zabaware with your request for a new activation code through the web mail system along with the authorization request code Hal gives you at http://www.zabaware.com/contact.html  I have someone (not me) taking care of licensing issues while I am gone.
Robert Medeksza