Author Topic: Brain and folder request  (Read 5491 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

Brain and folder request
« on: March 08, 2006, 03:06:43 am »
Now that I have found the means to convert other Brains to become plug-ins I have a request.

I need the default HAL5 defbrain folder with nothing but the original installation contents in it along with the Original un-altered HAL5 brain.

I also need the Original XTF brain 2.0 un-altered.

If you can get these Original resources for me then I will convert them to Plug into your HAL6 Brain.

Note: They must be un-altered and only the Original uhp. & .brn files.

I have tried to just install them but the old install versions 4 & 5 are canceled by HAL6.

You can put it all into a zip file and e-mail it to:
UHEFstaff@ultrahalforum.com

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

Brain and folder request
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 12:35:11 pm »
Does anybody want to use Multiple Brains with your HAL6, I have successfully converted ZiggysTheWord52b.uhp to a brain extension of HAL6 that uses Directory functions so all .brn files are good.

ZiggysTheWord52b.uhp is now a Plug-in for HAL6 and can be activated or deactivated by checking the plug-in check box in HAL6.

I want to do this with the Original HAL5 and the XTF.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 12:37:07 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

Brain and folder request
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 03:02:37 pm »
Never mind, I found them in my old Archives.

Thanks anyways.

Jerry[8D]

moreis62

• View Profile
    • http://www.myway.com/
Brain and folder request
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 09:24:08 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

Never mind, I found them in my old Archives.

Thanks anyways.

Jerry[8D]

Darn it you just beet me.
I was just about to install hal5 just for the original default HAL5 defbrain folder.
I was just about to send them to you bud.
[;)]
ISMAEL LEDESMA.

moreis62

• View Profile
    • http://www.myway.com/
Brain and folder request
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 04:12:37 am »
quote:

Does anybody want to use Multiple Brains with your HAL6, I have successfully converted ZiggysTheWord52b.uhp to a brain extension of HAL6 that uses Directory functions so all .brn files are good.

ZiggysTheWord52b.uhp is now a Plug-in for HAL6 and can be activated or deactivated by checking the plug-in check box in HAL6.

Jerry[8D]

How about in alice in HAL6

some ting like

Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=Alice for Hal
Rem Author=Alice for Hal
Rem Host=Assistant
Rem DataFolder=Alice
'
'This is a quick attempt to get the ALICE bot working inside of the Ultra Hal Assistant
'program. The Ultra Hal Assistant prorgam is by far the best interface for AI bots out there.
'It has a great character and speech plugin system and the registered version has speech
'recognition support as well. The actual Ultra Hal AI engine is a very good AI engine too,
'but I wanted to see the ALICE program have a nice interface also. Ultra Hal's plug-in
'interface basically works by ActiveX and VBScript.
'Its kind of a sloppy way of getting everything to work together, but hey, it works. Maybe
'some one with more time on their hands can find a better way to tie Alice and Hal together.
'I think it would be cool if someone would take the best parts of Alice and the best parts
'of Hal and create a super AI program.
'
'Unfortunetely I see no way of having Alice set Hal's emotional variables, so the face is
'always a boring neutral. Also Alice will ignore the ComputerNname variable passed by Hal,
'so no matter what is set In Hal's options, the computer will be called "Alice"  I removed
'This, of course is released as open source software. All my source code is included (all
'10 lines, LOL) The source code for the "Active Alice" control I used is available at
'http://www.windowpane.com/alice/
'The original Alice and AIML is available at http://www.alicebot.org
'And Ultra Hal is available at http://www.zabaware.com
'
'I thank Dr. Richard Wallace, Conan Callen, and everyone else who worked on ALICE. And I
'thank Robert Medeksza for creating Ultra Hal and providing me with the installation program
'used in order to install this as an Ultra Hal Assitant plugin.

'Main function which Hal calls to get the response
Function GetResponse(ByVal UserSentence, ByVal UserName, ByVal ComputerName, ByVal LearningLevel, ByRef WorkingDir, ByRef Hate, ByRef Swear, ByRef Insults, ByRef Compliment, ByRef PrevSent, ByRef LastResponseTime, ByRef PrevUserSent, ByRef ScriptMem3, ByRef ScriptMem4, ByRef ScriptMem5)

Set Alice = CreateObject("HalAlice.PlugIn")
    GetResponse = Alice.Respond(UserSentence, UserName, WorkingDir, "data\bot.ini", "loglocaluser.txt")
    Set Alice = Nothing

End Function

'If the user clicks on the About/Options button for this plugin
'this sub will be called. There are no extra settings for this brain,
'so we'll display an information box
Sub AboutOptions()
    Set HalBrain = CreateObject("UltraHalAsst.Brain")
    HalBrain.MsgAlert "This is the ALICE plug-in for Ultra Hal Assistant. It allows the ALICE bot program from http://www.alicebot.org to work together with the Ultra Hal Assistant software from Zabaware."
End Sub

'This sub will be called when the Ultra Hal program starts up in case
'the script needs to load some modules or seperate programs.
Sub Script_Load()
End Sub

'This sub will be called before the Ultra Hal program is close in case
'the script needs to do any cleanup work
Sub Script_Unload()
End Sub
ISMAEL LEDESMA.

snicolaou

• View Profile
Brain and folder request
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 10:49:30 am »
quote:

Jerry[8D]

Hi Jerry,
I wanted to be able for the Ultra Hal 6 to have multiple choices with regard to personalities.  For example when I want to talk to Alice, I would just change brain (and select a female character). I have downloaded "Ziggy" , "Alice" and "Ultra Hall uncensored" and installed them without any success.  Whenever I select any other brain besides the default Ultra Hal 6 brain, Hal remains silent.
I am sure those brains used to work for Hal 5 (the previous version of Hal 6). Is there is any way I can make those brains work for Ultra Hal 6 as well?
Stelios Nicolaou

onthecuttingedge2005

Brain and folder request
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 04:09:36 pm »
Hi moreis62.

I have pulled my Teeth out on the Alice Plug-in.

The halalice.PlugIn doesn't want to function period, There may be a HAL file that is missing in HAL6 to run it.

Here is the latest plug-in for Alice and it would work except the
halalice.PlugIn doesn't function no more.

If it is a file that is missing a .dll or an .ocx file then renaming those files and putting them into the Ultra HAL Assistant 6 folder might solve the problem, I don't have the old HAL 5 .dll's or .ocx files to check it further but it has to do with the ".Plugin" not being present.

If nothing else I suggested works then Robert may have to rewrite the HalAlice functions internally.

I keep getting an HalScript Error -2147024894 that was the last error to be debugged without success.

Code: [Select]

Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=Alice Plug
Rem Author=Gerald L. Blakley A.K.A OnTheCuttingEdge2005
Rem Host=Assistant

Rem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA1

'Working Directory Alice
Dim WorkingDirAlice
WorkingDirAlice = AliceWD(XDir)
Set XHalXBrainX = CreateObject("UltraHalAsst.Brain")
Set AliceX = CreateObject("halalice.PlugIn")
Set FileXSys = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
AliceMod = WorkingDirAlice & "halalice.exe"

If FileXSys.FileExists(AliceMod) Then
GetResponse = AliceX.Respond(UserSentence, UserName, WorkingDirAlice, "bot.ini", "localuser.txt")
Set AliceX = Nothing
End If

Rem PLUGIN: FUNCTIONS

Function AliceWD(XDir)
If XDir = "" Then XDir = "C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\alice\"
If XDir = "" Then XDir = "C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\alice\aiml\"
If XDir = "" Then XDir = "C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\alice\data\"
If XDir = "" Then XDir = "C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\alice\log\"
If XDir = "" Then XDir = "C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\"
AliceWD = XDir
End Function

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 12:53:22 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

Brain and folder request
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 04:25:37 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by snicolaou

quote:

Jerry[8D]

Hi Jerry,
I wanted to be able for the Ultra Hal 6 to have multiple choices with regard to personalities.  For example when I want to talk to Alice, I would just change brain (and select a female character). I have downloaded "Ziggy" , "Alice" and "Ultra Hall uncensored" and installed them without any success.  Whenever I select any other brain besides the default Ultra Hal 6 brain, Hal remains silent.
I am sure those brains used to work for Hal 5 (the previous version of Hal 6). Is there is any way I can make those brains work for Ultra Hal 6 as well?

All the older 4 and 5 version brain have to be written as a plug-in to work with the master HAL6 Brain, I will be posting the Ziggy Brain Plug-in Later, It's done but I am still testing for issues, The Alice Brain may not be possible until some issues are resolved.

Jerry[8D]

Holllywood

• View Profile
Brain and folder request
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2006, 04:16:41 pm »
snicolaou, I was able to modify the XTF brains by giving it the character's name and assigning it it's own default folder (with the same name). In the Deductive Reason...Brn set up a response to it's name. So you could just click on the name brain you wanted and you would get that personality, and it would respond, when asked, with its own name. I've also done it with H6. But so far It only responds with the name that is in the "computer name"option box. The personalities are different. But it calls its Identity from the "User/computer name box.
Maybe OTC (Onthecuttingedge)can shed some light on how we can get the H6 to respond with it's own name instead of whats in the box.
Hollywood

onthecuttingedge2005

Brain and folder request
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2006, 05:29:14 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Holllywood

snicolaou, I was able to modify the XTF brains by giving it the character's name and assigning it it's own default folder (with the same name). In the Deductive Reason...Brn set up a response to it's name. So you could just click on the name brain you wanted and you would get that personality, and it would respond, when asked, with its own name. I've also done it with H6. But so far It only responds with the name that is in the "computer name"option box. The personalities are different. But it calls its Identity from the "User/computer name box.
Maybe OTC (Onthecuttingedge)can shed some light on how we can get the H6 to respond with it's own name instead of whats in the box.

Please check out the Names by Emotional State that I updated at:
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3089

I hope this helps with what you are looking for.

Jerry[8D]

snicolaou

• View Profile
Brain and folder request
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 01:50:01 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Holllywood

I am not sure if I a have understood you correctly.  Have you created Brain plugins that any hal user can check and the default brain will change to the checked brain option?  For example, if I want ALICE to speak to ALICE brain, is there any plugin that will allow me to choose ALICE brain and then be able to speak with ALICE?  Please clarify.  Is there is any ziped installation file posted that could do just that before installing the brains.  Have the brains been updated to work for Hal 6 as plugins?

thanking you in advance,
Stelios
Stelios Nicolaou

onthecuttingedge2005

Brain and folder request
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 03:17:47 am »
I did not do this yet, But the best method before the HAL6 installation is to make a copy of the complete HAL 5 folder set and save it to disk, If the folder is on your Harddrive the HAL6 installation might find it and rewrite the contents of folder, after installation of HAL6 then compare the newer files from the older files, Note, If you transfer any older files into the new HAL6 folder you will have rename the older files so they don't replace your newer ones and jack up your bot's .dll registry or .ocx files.
Any transferd older .dll and or .ocx files may have to registered to function properly, If there is a missing file maybe we can get Alice plugged in to HAL6.

Jerry[8D]

snicolaou

• View Profile
Brain and folder request
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 03:59:16 am »
quote:

I did not do this yet, But the best method before the HAL6 installation is to make a copy of the complete HAL 5 folder set and save it to disk, If the folder is on your Harddrive the HAL6 installation might find it and rewrite the contents of folder, after installation of HAL6 then compare the newer files from the older files, Note, If you transfer any older files into the new HAL6 folder you will have rename the older files so they don't replace your newer ones and jack up your bot's .dll registry or .ocx files.
Any transferd older .dll and or .ocx files may have to registered to function properly, If there is a missing file maybe we can get Alice plugged in to HAL6.

Jerry[8D]

Thanks Jerry for the info.  I have Purchased Ultra Hal, only two months ago, my version is the new one - Ultra Hal 6.  I guess I will have to wait and be patient when the Brain plugin is developed.
Again, the ideal will be to have several brains (personalities) that a user can choose in addition to the default Hal brain.  

Although, I love Hal, my baby, I would like to speak and interact with other personalities as well such that of Ziggy (I've heard is very good), ALICE is a classic brain, Ultra Hal on line (the censored one) I have heard is good, if zabaware, allows us to download it and put it as an alternative brain plug in.

You are doing a great job,

friendly,
Stelios

Stelios Nicolaou