Author Topic: htr characters  (Read 5487 times)

dgher1

• View Profile
htr characters
« on: March 08, 2005, 07:30:59 am »
is ther away you guy can change hap file to the htr so that they dif. from the other hap files so all we have to do is download them to the character folder of hal. i seen some of htr they good. but some of us are not programer. i will give a example
sissy.htr
sissyhappy.hap
sissyanger.hap
sissyfullbodydef.hap
sissy.jpg
sissy1.jpg
sissy2.jpg
sissydefault.psn
sissyhair7.hap
sissyhair7.htr
ect.
then zip it all up to make it easyer for the ones that cann't program

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
htr characters
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 09:34:31 am »
Actually an .htr file IS a zipped .haptar, along with its moods, routines etc. I forget which zip type it is, but it's not a common one. And I don't know if it's as simple as put 'em all in a folder and zip them, but I'd bet it's not, and that some shamelessly expensive program is required to make .htrs out of .haptars

Geminii

• View Profile
htr characters
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 09:10:58 pm »
Hi,

I don't know if this is much help, but I read somewhere that .htr files are zipped with .bzip2 (or possibly .b2zip) it is primarily a Linux application but I think there is a windows version on sourceforge.net

GlacierClipper

• View Profile
htr characters
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 09:32:02 pm »
Here is the link for bzip2. There is a version for Windows.

http://sources.redhat.com/bzip2/

GlacierClipper

jesusarmy

• View Profile
htr characters
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 05:57:06 am »
For What It's Worth:

Haptek say that .haptar is the new file extension for .htr files, to avoid conflict with some Microsoft program or other. So .htr and .haptar files are not essentially different, as far as I can tell.

The main point is still true though, that .htr or .haptar files are zipped versions of the .hap and .htr files needed for the scene.

Again, according to Haptek, the compression is "based on" bzip2.

Has anyone successfully used bzip2 itself to produce .htr files?

dgher1

• View Profile
htr characters
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 07:29:43 am »
i think i worded the wrong way what mean is can the programers make the .hap .htr.jpg so that it is to the character with out putting file in this place or that place to make them work.i did as crunch said to do.but i mess up and so i get the tv girl with out his skins of the lingere.i'm stuip when it come to programing and bet there lot in this forum people that has the same troubles.i still play with onthecuttingedge brn file when he at yahoo that he send. i've ask guys and gals to send it to me so it make easy for me to see the same thing you have.i slowly learning some of things i got all the files. but the hapek people are new to me.still tring to fix plug -in trouble with windowsME i install all the  plug-in first then hal they show up. but if i install hal first they don't show up.i do get all char. to work finlly. so send me it. i want learn. dgher1@msn.com with 240 gb harddrive now.

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
htr characters
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 09:48:09 am »
Zenman was using People Putty to make .htr files. Don't know if it's all in the People Putty program, or if he was combining People Putty with stuff from the Haptek SDK, but his head characters were .htr files.

cadmar

• View Profile
htr characters
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 12:51:19 pm »
I had created some head charcters using the people putty program. I cannot seem to get them to appear in the character portion under options after putting them into the character file. I have the haptek character doc. itself, not sure if it is .htr or .haptar? I also have a .jph file and a .ppf file. Can someone help me with this?

thanks

Rick
R. Downey

GamerThom

• View Profile
    • http://www.charctercreationsanddesignworks.us/index.html
htr characters
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 08:55:56 am »
If you already have the .haptar which is the character head
that runs in the Haptek Player. All you need to do to use it
in UltraHal, is right-click on the file and rename it by
changing the extension from .haptar to .htr so that it will