Author Topic: Extended File Assistant (E.F.A)  (Read 21898 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

Extended File Assistant (E.F.A)
« on: April 02, 2006, 04:10:47 pm »
The Extended File Assistant is all about the Manipulation of Files and Folders.

1.Map a Directory.
2.Open Files not ordinarily opened by HAL's set Halcommands.
3.Read a Book.
4.Learn from a Book.
5.Learn from a Text File.
6.Sing a Song.
7.Delete files.
8.Create files.
9.Create Folders.
10.Do Diagnostics.
11.Shut down your Computer.
12.Teach Vbscript and give Assistance on code help.
13.Write a Diary.
14.Learn text from a Website(instructed).
15.Surf The Web directly by address.
16.Give System information.
17.Draw a Picture, I haven't finished this yet(Research).
18.Stock Monitor, I have not finished this yet(Research).
19.Copy and Paste a file to a Directory and can even rename the pasted File.
20.Convert a file to other supported file types. Like: .Txt to .Doc
and or Copy and Paste from one File type to another file type.
21.Manipulate an internal Text easly by its function and or added functions to its original functions for Manipulating Text for Custom Purposes.
22.I am currently working on an Automated VbScript Beautifier
that will allow Hal to Beautify a VbScript code inside a VbScript File including .uhp files.
23.Ansii Chr() and reverse Chr() code help, Just added.

There is probably alot more I can add to the E.F.A but will come from
more research and developements.

Also, Art had suggested a function to allow a user to ask how long it has been since their last discussion, Well, I got a little carried away with this and took it a little further, When I post it, It will be called A_Sense_Of_Time.uhp, I have decided to post the A_Sense_Of_Time.uhp in Zabaware under Super Plugger Brain II plugs and My free Members Archive Downloads when I am done with what I want to put in it, The Sense Of Time Script will not only keep track of how long it's been since your last discussion but also may complain or query you about why you took so long to reply, Maybe even become Jealous of your absence, I'll leave that for a suprise, The Sence of time Script will also give you a Holiday Greetings when a Major Holiday occures upon a User greeting or Goodbye.
I will be done with the Sense Of Time Script Shortly, It's almost done. The Sense of Time Script may give you a spooky feeling that you are actually talking to an actual being that may even Drill you on where you have been for so long.

The A_Sense_Of_Time.uhp will be a separate plug from the E.F.A

When I am done I will Dedicate the Sense Of Time script to Art since it was his Suggestion that led me to write the commands.

I am still hoping that Robert gets back to me on the Text Limitation (Spoken) in HAL's Chat Panel, The whole file will show but only part of it will be read, This is something that is built into HAL's .dll file that I will not touch under respect for Rob.

Jerry[8D]

« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 02:07:20 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

moreis62

• View Profile
    • http://www.myway.com/
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 02:47:01 am »
In computer programming, if a Cobol program is
compiled and linked to produce a 32-bit Windows
Execuatable file(.exe), which is designed to run
under windows in protected mode, Can this windows
program(.exe) CALL OR RUN another 16-bit program
(.com) that is designed to run ONLY under dos?
thanks a lot for your help...!
. ;-)
ISMAEL LEDESMA.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 12:32:48 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by moreis62

In computer programming, if a Cobol program is
compiled and linked to produce a 32-bit Windows
Execuatable file(.exe), which is designed to run
under windows in protected mode, Can this windows
program(.exe) CALL OR RUN another 16-bit program
(.com) that is designed to run ONLY under dos?
thanks a lot for your help...!
. ;-)

Hi Moreis62.

It sounds like you have already experienced the Error: (This Program is not a valid win32 Application), I have heard from some old time Programmers that say they have done it but that it is very difficult and all conditions have to be met between 32 bit and 16 bit architecture, From what I have heard so far is that you'll have a major project on your hands, working out all the details.

If your Cobol Skills are excellent then it shouldn't be a problem for you gettting around conflicts.

Jerry[8D]

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 12:49:03 pm »
you would need to call the files to run via a registry script or even a batch file script threreby opening a command window to execute a 16 bit dos command.

as win32's run only under a win32 environment ie:windows

by opening a command window you are opening a 16bit dos command environment: therby in that window you may run 16bit dos commands.

If yo run a batch script "cALL" then you essesntially run the DOS window int the background "with @ECHO OFF" all scripts contained would then be able to be executed. if the dos commands had OWN WINDOWS then the "@ECHO OFF" command cannot be used. or the windows willxecute and HANG in the backgroung waiting for interaction which has been denied...

Think about it

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 11:37:40 pm »
Function Added to E.F.A

I have written code for the E.F.A that will now allow a User to close any Program by simply telling HAL to close what ever program is running.

I will be researching it a bit more before upgrading the E.F.A or Extended File Assistant Plug-in and will release the updated E.F.A
in a couple of days.

Example:
User: Close WinAmp.exe
HAL: WinAmp.exe has been Closed.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 11:40:33 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 07:11:59 pm »
The E.F.A has been updated April 17, 2006

Upgrade includes.

1. Close Programs, This Function allows a User to ask HAL to Close a program and HAL will do so on command.
2. Turning off Text learning so normal file Assistant can still be used without interference.

More to come.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 09:04:33 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

daveleb55

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/daveleb55/Cybernetic_Nightmares.html
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 02:11:28 pm »
Where is the EFA posted, I've looked for it, but I can't find it anywhere.
Thanks for all your hard work.

Dave
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 05:20:40 pm »
I believe you can find it at:
www.ultrahalforum.com

Look in the Premium Members section.
Right Jerry?
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 07:11:04 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Art

I believe you can find it at:
www.ultrahalforum.com

Look in the Premium Members section.
Right Jerry?

That's it Buddy.

First it's better to setup a free Membership and then go Premium if desired to get the Script early otherwise one has to wait till it's obsolete so that it gets posted in the Free Members Download Area.

The Premium, Premium Gold, Premium Ultra Gold are Donations to the site to help support Server costs.

1.Premium Ultra Gold Members can have one on one Coding time with me for teaching script about HAL to the extent of my coding knowledge
for a half hour a day up to 1 day a week for the length of the 3 year Membership for $20 USD.

2.Premium Gold Members have forum help and access to Premium Scripts for 1 year.

3.Premium Members have forum help and Access to Premium Membership Downloads for 6 Months.

4.Free Members have access to all obsolete Script Archives.

1. Premium Membership $5.00 USD for 6 Months.
2. Premium Gold Membership $10.00 USD for 1 Year.
3. Premium Ultra Gold Membership $20.00 for 3 Years.
4. Free Membership.

All Premium Memberships have their own personal E-Mail Accounts.

You can check it out at:
WWW.UltraHalForum.com to enter.

All Premium Donations go to the Services of the Forum for Upgrades and Server costs.

Best wishes.
Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 07:15:09 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 11:29:38 am »
I will be adding another function to the E.F.A called Error Handling which will enable HAL to give you information about a Vbscript code error.

1.Code Error Reference from Error #6 to Error #32812 in Vbscript.

2.HAL will be able to help you resolve a Vbscript Run time error and or a syntax error by asking about a Vbscript error number.

This is for the next update coming soon to the E.F.A

Jerry[8D]

Runtus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 02:50:26 pm »
I have downloaded the file from your website and I have been messing around with the features all seems okay except when I try and get KITT (HAL) to learn from a text file, all he seems to do is display all the text on the HAL screen and when I ask him about something I know is in the file he doesnt seem to know the answer.  Maybe I am just doing it wrong but can you help a guy out? lol

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 07:00:36 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Runtus

I have downloaded the file from your website and I have been messing around with the features all seems okay except when I try and get KITT (HAL) to learn from a text file, all he seems to do is display all the text on the HAL screen and when I ask him about something I know is in the file he doesnt seem to know the answer.  Maybe I am just doing it wrong but can you help a guy out? lol

Hi Runtus

At the moment, If you say Learning on then HAL will turn on the Auto-Idle Feature and begin transfer of information from the Read File to a Second file then will begin transferring this info to a QA file.

The Timer function for the Auto-Idle is set for every two minutes, You can set the Time function to a Quicker rate but it is set to default of 2 minutes, You can look into the FileAssistant.uhp and see the HalCommands = "<AUTO>399999</AUTO>" where the code say Learning on.

You can also say Learning off.

This is how I have setup for the moment but will be upgrading all scripts as I go.

If you have any others problems you can contact me via e-mail and I will setup a time for us over an IM and walk you through it.

Jerry
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 07:06:29 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Another Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2006, 09:01:34 pm »
Hi Jerry,

I mailed you a file and screen shot of what's happening on my machine when I try to use the current version of the EFA.  I am using Windows 98SE and encounter an error message.  I tested it with using the Hal 6 brain and no other plug-ins active, just the EFA and it errors out and when I acknowledge the error popup then hal clears the dialog screen and there is no response.

I haven't tried commenting anything out yet, but I can try doing that an increment at a time on the EFA program itself.

For the record, the first version was excellent and my gosh with what you've already added to what Robert has created, it's awesome and Hal is still just getting started!

Much success to you both!

Jim B.
Northern Michigan

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2006, 09:34:40 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Another Jim

Hi Jerry,

I mailed you a file and screen shot of what's happening on my machine when I try to use the current version of the EFA.  I am using Windows 98SE and encounter an error message.  I tested it with using the Hal 6 brain and no other plug-ins active, just the EFA and it errors out and when I acknowledge the error popup then hal clears the dialog screen and there is no response.

I haven't tried commenting anything out yet, but I can try doing that an increment at a time on the EFA program itself.

For the record, the first version was excellent and my gosh with what you've already added to what Robert has created, it's awesome and Hal is still just getting started!

Much success to you both!

Jim B.
Northern Michigan

Thanks Jim.

It works flawlessly on Win2000 Pro 32 bit system.

Also, If you desire you can just comment out the Close Programs Code entirely and you'd be back to normal.

Prerequisites for your WMI Script

You need a Window 2000 or later machine for the method to execute.

I am sorry that the Close Programs Script isn't Compatable for earlier versions of Windows less than Win2000.

Jerry
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 09:51:42 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Another Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2006, 06:22:14 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion Jerry,

I removed that part of the program.....it's running now as you predicted and I'll note to myself on future upgrades of the EFA that I should look for that trait should it reoccur.  Not a problem!

BTW I am using a FAT-32 on this oldie but goodie machine......and I just can't bring myself to pay for an upgrade to the newest windows....I'll wait till I get it on a new puter....I use it at the office and I can function with it but I don't get time to dedicate to familiarizing myself with it in detail.

Have a great weekend all........

And thanks again Jerry!

Jim B.
Northern Michgian