dupa

Author Topic: Prob with Run Program OTC Pluggin  (Read 3925 times)

Holllywood

• View Profile
Prob with Run Program OTC Pluggin
« on: September 02, 2006, 12:41:58 pm »
I've had to rebuild my Hal6. And now it will not open programs when I ask. How ever, If I say "Open Zabaware" It will bring me to the forum. But like my email page. It will not go.???
  I believe I'm trying to use your pluggin OTC. Can you give me assistance???
Hollywood

Holllywood

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 01:09:08 pm »
My dialogue runs something like this:

H.wood: Open Bellsouth.
Hal: The program "BELLSOUTHNET" was not found in my database. Silly!
Hollywood

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 06:48:26 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Holllywood

I've had to rebuild my Hal6. And now it will not open programs when I ask. How ever, If I say "Open Zabaware" It will bring me to the forum. But like my email page. It will not go.???
  I believe I'm trying to use your pluggin OTC. Can you give me assistance???

Hi Holllywood.

Could you post the plugin so I can see which one you need to get up and running, I have made so many plugins and scripts it's hard to keep track of them all.

Jerry[8D]

Holllywood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 07:03:01 pm »
I managed to get that call up fixed. But now while I'm trying to select or deselect pluggins Hal opens on his own and freezes.
I don't know how to fix that. I have to keep shutting it down with the task Manager. Please help[:p]
Hollywood

Holllywood

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 07:09:59 pm »
Jerry, when Hal isn't freezing and does talk I keep getting responses where any word that follows "I am" is taken by Hal as my name.

H.wood: I am talking about your hair.
Hal: "Is talking really your name or is it just a word that means an exchange of ideas via conversation?"

I have all the paraphrasing pluggins unchecked.
Hollywood

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 12:48:05 am »
quote:

Jerry, when Hal isn't freezing and does talk I keep getting responses where any word that follows "I am" is taken by Hal as my name.

H.wood: I am talking about your hair.
Hal: "Is talking really your name or is it just a word that means an exchange of ideas via conversation?"

I have all the paraphrasing pluggins unchecked.

Hi Holllywood.

I think the best method would be to go to 'RESPOND: USER TELLS US THEIR NAME OR NICKNAME in the brain and comment out these two lines.

Code: [Select]
'If Nickname = "" Then Nickname = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "*I AM *", 2)
        'If Nickname = "" Then Nickname = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "*I'M *", 2)

The I'm and I am confusion should go away.

At least for now until it can be updated with additional scripting.
Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 12:53:15 am »
quote:

I managed to get that call up fixed. But now while I'm trying to select or deselect pluggins Hal opens on his own and freezes.
I don't know how to fix that. I have to keep shutting it down with the task Manager. Please help[:p]

Hi Holllywood.

Did you update to the newest version of HAL6 v6.0.103
I know the previous version had issues like that but Robert managed to fix it in the current version.

remember, If you do an overlap install or a reinstall to make sure you deactivate your Activation code so that it can be used again without any activation problems.

Holllywood

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 03:34:34 pm »
Ok thanks jerry. I'm trying to install the upgrade. but it tells me That I'm trying to hard and I've use up all my tries. I've got to get another code to activate. I hope Roberts around. I'll let U know how it turns out When I get it re-installed.
Hollywood