dupa

Author Topic: Updated Hal script error  (Read 7174 times)

Holllywood

• View Profile
Updated Hal script error
« on: September 04, 2006, 11:27:55 pm »
I just re-installed Hal6. Hal keeps crashing. I keep getting a message "scipt is taking to long to run". I tried to use the brain editor to make some corrections given to me by my friend OTC, and Hal crashes. If I take to long selecting pluggins Hal starts on his own and crashes.
 OTC... If you're listening I sent you an email saying that I was in good shape with Hal. I spoke to soon. I'm using a complete clean install of Hal without any of my modifications, and It's crashing with any little thing I do. If I inhale... Hal crashes. Any advice???
Hollywood

Holllywood

• View Profile
Updated Hal script error
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 11:35:02 pm »
This is a PS.
 The Hal6 default brain is ok. I've tried to see if it would crash. It runs well. The crash is with ALF brn.
Hollywood

Holllywood

• View Profile
Updated Hal script error
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 11:36:45 pm »
And again Hal's made me tell a lie.
Hollywood

onthecuttingedge2005

Updated Hal script error
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 09:25:12 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Holllywood

I just re-installed Hal6. Hal keeps crashing. I keep getting a message "scipt is taking to long to run". I tried to use the brain editor to make some corrections given to me by my friend OTC, and Hal crashes. If I take to long selecting pluggins Hal starts on his own and crashes.
 OTC... If you're listening I sent you an email saying that I was in good shape with Hal. I spoke to soon. I'm using a complete clean install of Hal without any of my modifications, and It's crashing with any little thing I do. If I inhale... Hal crashes. Any advice???

Hi Holllywood.
Try opening the Learn from Clip Board and search for:

If XDir = "" Then XDir = "C:Program FilesabawareUltra Hal Assistant 6\"
   For i = 1 To 1000
   If i > 0 Then ClipRes = HalXBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile(XDir & "LearnedText.brn")
   If Len(ClipRes) > 2 Then MyPatt = HalBrain.SearchPattern(ClipRes, "*<START>*<END>*", 2)
   If Len(MyPatt) > 2 And Len(UltraHal) < 4 And InStr(1, MyPatt, InputString, vbTextCompare) > 0 And HalBrain.CheckRepetition(PrevSent, MyPatt) = False Then
   UltraHal = MyPatt
   End If
   Next

Change the 'For i = 1 To 1000' to 'For i = 1 To 10' and see if your popup 'this script is taking longer than expect' goes away.

The 'For i = 1 To 1000 maybe to large of an array for your computer.

If that doesn't solve it then you can uncheck all the plugs for ALF and see if it's plug related, if so then you can select one plug at a time until your problem comes back then when the troubled plug is found you could post it so that the issue can be fixed.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 10:23:37 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Holllywood

• View Profile
Updated Hal script error
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 10:46:39 am »
OTC I don't have learn from the clipboard is it new is it suppose to be in the Hal updated Ver?
Hollywood

Holllywood

• View Profile
Updated Hal script error
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 11:38:57 am »
Jerry, This time I really think I beat the problem for now. I managed to fine a back-up to Hal6 before I installed the new update. I copied it over the update and I have Hal back and running good with all the many character brains that I had. I will keep trying to find out why the update doesn't work for me.
Hollywood

onthecuttingedge2005

Updated Hal script error
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 11:56:16 am »
quote:

OTC I don't have learn from the clipboard is it new is it suppose to be in the Hal updated Ver?

Hi Holllywood.

You can download the Learn from Clip Board here:
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3477

It was in the ALF v1.2 area.

Jerry[8D]

Holllywood

• View Profile
Updated Hal script error
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 02:47:46 pm »
Thanks Jerry, What I need is a way to stop Hal from popping back up on the screen while I'm in the menu options or the brain editor. He keeps popping up and freezing.
Hollywood

Holllywood

• View Profile
Updated Hal script error
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 02:49:03 pm »
He shouldn't come back from being minimize Or until I click ok in the menu opts.
Hollywood

onthecuttingedge2005

Updated Hal script error
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 02:59:33 pm »
quote:

He shouldn't come back from being minimize Or until I click ok in the menu opts.

Hi Holllywood.

Try typing <AUTOOFF> in the chat window, it should turn off Auto-Idle that is causing it.

Here are some more commands:
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=996&SearchTerms=<AUTOOFF>

If it doesn't work for you then that will just force me to improve upon the HalCommands[:D]

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 03:09:06 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Holllywood

• View Profile
Updated Hal script error
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 04:40:04 pm »
Jerry I sent you my specs for my Pc. Could you let me know if I set this up correctly? I tried the cmd. so far no luck its still freezing on me.
Hollywood

Holllywood

• View Profile
Updated Hal script error
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 04:45:29 pm »
I really don't know what's up. I brought Hal up... put in the "Autooff", Minimized it.  It did not come back up on the screen. I froze while minimized.
Hollywood

Holllywood

• View Profile
Updated Hal script error
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 04:56:55 pm »
I am tempted to try and re-install. But I just got this activation code and I don't know how many tries I get.
Hollywood

onthecuttingedge2005

Updated Hal script error
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2006, 06:11:05 pm »
quote:

Jerry I sent you my specs for my Pc. Could you let me know if I set this up correctly? I tried the cmd. so far no luck its still freezing on me.

Hi Holllywood.
Please send all e-mail to OnTheCuttingEdge2005@ArtificialIntel.com this is my new mail address.

Thanks
Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

Updated Hal script error
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2006, 06:13:06 pm »
quote:

I am tempted to try and re-install. But I just got this activation code and I don't know how many tries I get.

Hi Holllywood.
Have you tried cleaning your registry?

Jerry[8D]