Author Topic: Hal Script Wiki  (Read 3854 times)

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Hal Script Wiki
« on: December 04, 2006, 11:57:08 pm »
Just for my own purposes I have set up a wiki for the things I learn about writing scripts and plugins for Hal. Does anyone see a problem with this? Robert? Do you mind? Are there copyright issues?

There's nothing much there yet but I will be transfering my notes as I go. If anyone else is learning or wants to learn, I'll be happy to share. [:I]

No "contributions" and no ads except what they put there for their wiki services. It's really just so I can organize my thoughts, I find scripting gets harder as I age. [xx(]

Carl2

• View Profile
Hal Script Wiki
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 02:35:41 pm »
Bill DeWitt,
  I'm not familiar with wiki but am always interested in new scripting and plugins. Zabaware has an upload section as you may know.
I've had poor luck doing simple scripting with VBS even after looking at the MS download.  
Carl2

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Hal Script Wiki
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 02:41:09 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Carl2
I've had poor luck doing simple scripting with VBS even after looking at the MS download.  

A Wiki is just a editable web page. I am putting my notes on the Hal functions in the *.uhp files as I ponder them out. Hopefully it will become a reference for things you need to know to edit *.uhp files or for making plugins.

I haven't done much with it yet (Spent the afternoon running wires around the house), but you can look at it here:
http://ultrahalscript.pbwiki.com/
Criticism welcome.

Prospbob

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/bwlechner/gold
Hal Script Wiki
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 12:30:50 am »
you've got a great idea, i saved your site in my favorites and will check it out more later.

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Hal Script Wiki
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 07:24:24 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Prospbob

you've got a great idea,

Thanks!
quote:
i saved your site in my favorites and will check it out more later.

I seem to have problems concentrating on script these days, mostly because I only have a few minutes at a time, several times a day, to work on it. No more 9 hour sessions. So it helps to have even the simple facts ready to hand when I do want to get something done.

Of course, setting up the wiki will absorb some of those little bits of time now, but I hope it will pay me back later. So expect a rather scattershot development of the wiki for now.

Of course, anyone who is doing serious work on learning HalScript is welcome to read, ask questions, or submit changes or new articles. Regular users can get the password to edit pages.

[:)]

les

• View Profile
Hal Script Wiki
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 11:12:54 am »
Looks Great!

Thanks for your work!
Les

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Hal Script Wiki
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 03:10:42 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill DeWitt

Just for my own purposes I have set up a wiki for the things I learn about writing scripts and plugins for Hal. Does anyone see a problem with this? Robert? Do you mind? Are there copyright issues?

No problems here. Great start and thanks for doing this. [:D]
Robert Medeksza