Author Topic: Questions About Ultra Hal  (Read 2948 times)

Solvostond

• View Profile
Questions About Ultra Hal
« on: December 04, 2006, 05:20:32 am »
Hello, I just purchased Hal 6.0.  I had a couple questions I was hoping any of you could help me with.

1) Dialer Function:  Is this compatible with voip technology like Vonage, or can I make a call simply by being hooked up to any high speed internet?

2) Email Function:  I use Yahoo, is there a way to make that the default email program?

thx in advance, Jason

Edit: The Cepstral Trial version of Millie (uk voice) is absolutely hillarious!  Every two minutes she will stop mid sentence to remind you her voice is not registered.  It's like a split personality.  Good for belly laughs if you havent' tried it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 05:24:23 am by Solvostond »

Solvostond

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 06:12:44 am »
Jason to Hal:  My sister's name is Dawn.
Hal to Jason:  I feel good about your pleasure seeking sister.

[:0]

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 07:43:23 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Solvostond
1) Dialer Function:  Is this compatible with voip technology like Vonage, or can I make a call simply by being hooked up to any high speed internet?
I think the function only uses a phone modem. I could be wrong.

quote:
2) Email Function:  I use Yahoo, is there a way to make that the default email program?

I don't know about Yahoo, but I hand edited the email function (in the addressbook.uhp) to use my side email program. You would have to dig into the guts and try. Make a backup first....

Solvostond

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 04:38:36 am »
On the Home page advertising Hal, there is a "more info" button that brings up a transcript of a conversation with hal.  After learning an email address, Hal says, "... I will automatically start your favorite email program and write in the address for you."  How does he determine what my favorite email program is, and is there an easy way (without any knowledge of writing any kind of code) to adjust this setting?

Edit:  I tried the "What's the weather like?" question also listed in that transcript, I go strange replies and no indication of the weather.  Is there a specific question I need ot ask?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 04:43:28 am by Solvostond »

Solvostond

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 04:57:41 am »
Ok, I worked out the mail thing.  The way I found was to open up Internet Explorer, hit tools, Internet Options, programs, and set to my program (yahoo wasn't in there, but Opera's email was....I guess I'll have to upgrade the yahoo account so I have POP access).  Still can't work out the weather thing though.