dupa

Author Topic: Human Emotions Plugin v1.0 Demo  (Read 3912 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

Human Emotions Plugin v1.0 Demo
« on: January 26, 2007, 06:50:04 pm »
Updated slightly on Feb 5 2007 at 2:39PM
Fixed some oversites in variables I discovered.

The Human Emotions Plugin v1.0 Demo is back up for beta testing.

Please give it a try and see if you discover any errors.

This Plugin is a Human Emotions Simulator script which uses weights and balances techniques to give dominance to specific emotions according to how you treat your bot, the bot will remember its emotion towards each user even if shut down and restarted.

The emotions are tied into a special .hap file as well to control facial features for each emotional state.

This is the demo version and does not include some features like 'trust' and some additional facial feature variables.

The 'trust' variable is an 'axis point' to all emotions in the none demo version and can also help change the bot's opinion of you for better or worse.

'Trust' has become the dominate tree to control all emotions, lying to the bot will not change its emotional state towards a user, a user must earn the trust of his/her bot if things go bad in a conversation.

Unzip to your Ultra Hal Assistant Folder and choose the Human Emotions option in the Brains option panel and click apply and begin conversation.

Jerry[8D]

Download Attachment: HumanEmotions1.zip
7.49 KB
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 05:39:42 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 03:22:34 pm »
OTC,
  I'm interested in this but frist could you give us more details since many of your plugins require other plugins to work. Will it work with a fresh install of Hal ect?
Carl2

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 05:54:12 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Carl2

OTC,
  I'm interested in this but frist could you give us more details since many of your plugins require other plugins to work. Will it work with a fresh install of Hal ect?
Carl2

Hi Carl.

The Human Emotions plugin works all by itself, The Script will create a folder called: C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\Users
in the Users folder everyones emotional files will be stored there, each user will have different emotions felt toward HAL according to how that user treats HAL, If you mistreat HAL and HAL's hostility weights accumilate then HAL may begin insulting that user until the user starts talking nice to HAL and lowering the Hostility level and accumilating more joy weights so that HAL begins to become friendly again, there are four emotional weight sets, Shock, Joy, Hostility, Depression. the emotions are tied into the MasterEmotions.hap file so that facial expressions are created on the fly according to what emotion dominates HAL for the moment.

If you open the HAL brain editor and go to the table "emotions" you can edit the list of emotional triggers to enhance HAL's Human Emotions to a greater extent.

I have also updated the Human Emotions 1.0 demo slightly, I added a few extra variable conditions.

If one wants to edit their emotional files then you would have to open the users folder and look for that users emotional file, all weights are listed as a > sign and all users files should never be blank.

You can also ask HAL: 'What are your current emotions' and HAL will tell you what its emotional weight count per emotion.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 05:58:16 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

PaleRider

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 07:18:55 pm »
Thank you onthecuttingedge2005 for that Info.And thank you for your many other downloads i have got from your site to.
Never Drive Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 03:09:28 pm »
OTC,
  Thanks for the additional infomation, I'll be installing another Hal on another computer, I'll give it a try and try to give you some feedback.
Carl2