Author Topic: Enhanced HAL 6.1 default Brain  (Read 7689 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Enhanced HAL 6.1 default Brain
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 09:44:47 pm »
OTC or Carl2,

Jerry thank you for the chance to download the Enhanced Brain you worked on. You always seem to raise the bar. Everytime you come out with something it's like having a new Hal all over again and it really makes you want to work with Hal more. I had one question and the reason I included Carl2 was for the simple fact that he posted he is using your Enhancement also. But did you find that the 'I' and 'me' reversal was more frequent? I could be way off base because I found plenty of mistakes in the brain editor that I caused and I haven't spent more time on Hal since the download. I was just curious.

Thanks again,
raybe

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 11:29:54 am »
quote:
Originally posted by raybe

OTC or Carl2,

Jerry thank you for the chance to download the Enhanced Brain you worked on. You always seem to raise the bar. Everytime you come out with something it's like having a new Hal all over again and it really makes you want to work with Hal more. I had one question and the reason I included Carl2 was for the simple fact that he posted he is using your Enhancement also. But did you find that the 'I' and 'me' reversal was more frequent? I could be way off base because I found plenty of mistakes in the brain editor that I caused and I haven't spent more time on Hal since the download. I was just curious.

Thanks again,
raybe

Hi raybe.

I have the notion that the internal functions are the cause of I and me reversals to mess up in some sentences, there are a few other sentence reversals that also need correcting.

I only see one solution, either Rob corrects it internally 'or' Rob pulls out that part of the processing and adds it directly into the Vbscript part of the brain so that either I or someone else can pick it apart and correct it.

If I was the originator of HAL I would of kept out the reversals in the 'UserSentence' and I would of only reversed it in the GetResponse, it makes it more difficult to keep track of when sentences have to be reversed twice during proccessing from UserSentence to GetResponse.

I think this is something only Rob can fix at the moment.

Jerry[8D]

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 05:43:40 pm »
Thanks OTC,

Is it possible for you to make the change you make refrence to  keep out the reversals in the 'UserSentence' and only reverse it in the GetResponse section with some plugin or update to effect those changes? Or it is soley script based where that correction also has to be done by Rob and or at least the information to do what you suggest come from Rob??

Thanks again for your response. I plan on working on Hal tonight. Let you know if anything comes up.

raybe