dupa

Author Topic: Trouble with expansions  (Read 3897 times)

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
Trouble with expansions
« on: February 15, 2009, 06:55:50 pm »
I am not able to install the character expansion for ultra hal. It is saying I need Ultra Hal 6 installed. I am using registered version of 6.2 Any ideas on this?
When a child is born without a soul...

Bill819

• View Profile
Trouble with expansions
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 12:43:53 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Ooglor 7

I am not able to install the character expansion for ultra hal. It is saying I need Ultra Hal 6 installed. I am using registered version of 6.2 Any ideas on this?

A question for you. Did you purchase the expansion pack? It is not free. If you had purchased it with Hal 6.0 then it would automatically work for 6.2
Bill

jojimbo

• View Profile
    • http://www.jojimbo.info
Trouble with expansions
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 03:53:32 am »
Just run hal once,then it should install fine

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
Trouble with expansions
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 06:51:37 am »
Hi Ooglor 7

I had exactly the same problem when I installed 6.2, I got over the problem by downloading the expansion pack again and installing the new downloaded one.

I noticed the one I had on my HDD was smaller than the one I downloaded, guessing it’s had a little up-date.

Good luck

« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 06:53:07 am by Datahopa »

Carl2

• View Profile
Trouble with expansions
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 07:38:46 am »
Ooglor 7
  I ran into that myself, each version of Hal has it's own version of the character pack.  Downloaded Hal 6.2 works with downloaded expansion 6.2.  I think the original code is needed to download the expansion pack and know the code is needed to install it. This is in windows XP, Haptek runs but with problems in Vista.
  I'm presently trying to install a fullbody character by Haptek into Hal but the character will not show up in Hal's character window.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
Trouble with expansions
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 09:32:28 am »
i had the same problem before and had to reinstall the 6.1 then do the expansion pack then upgrade free to the 6.2.22 version and it worked ok after i did that .
  yeah its something to do with the original code or something was talking before about that to robert that he needs to make the new versions to where a person doesn't have to go through installing all the earlier versions first to get expansion packs to work . don't know if its possible guess we'll have to wait and see !![:D]

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
Trouble with expansions
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 12:26:12 pm »
Thanks guys. Got it rolling by downloading the program again. I have been wanting to get back into making some skins and some characters for quite some time. Maybe this new version will put a fire under my ass to get something going. Just reinstalled people putty and have to admit that I miss staying up all hours of the night trying to get a lump of polygons to look like an owl or a car. Thanks again for the quick help on this. You guys have a good one.
When a child is born without a soul...

Carl2

• View Profile
Trouble with expansions
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 05:53:25 pm »
I found the problem, Windows vista is on drive C, Windows XP is on dirve D and each system considers it's drive drive C. Anyways when in XP I choose the version in Vista and worked with the files in XP.  So I made the correct shortcut on the desktop and am back in business. Everything shows up like it use to even the htr I made up to load Body_female with a new skin.
Carl2