dupa

Author Topic: I broke my licence code.  (Read 4509 times)

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
I broke my licence code.
« on: February 12, 2009, 07:56:45 am »

I can’t believe I did this, but I did ;(

First I installed a clean install of 6.2 but realised soon after that I should have up-graded 6.1 to 6.2 to keep my old brain, I then uninstalled 6.2 so I could install it again over 6.1 and do the up-grade, but I forgot to release my licence.

The up-grade went ok but I now have a problem with my licence “I think”.

Every time I run Hal I get a window telling me “The Licensing system needs your permission to authorize the copy of Ultra Hal”. it does the check and Hal then runs but I cant run the brain editor “False AF VK Access Denied” nor can I use my Cepstral voice because it nags me to get a licence.

Does anyone think I have broken my licence code?

lightspeed

• View Profile
I broke my licence code.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 09:19:42 am »
i suggest writing to robert(the sooner the better )  tell him what happened and he will check records see that you paid for it and send you the code again and or a new license ?? thats what i suggest . [:)]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
I broke my licence code.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 10:26:49 am »
Yes I too think you will have to approach Robert on this one.  Good luck!

I know it's off topic, but while we have each others attention - have you got a banner for Datahopa website ?  I've been wanting to include you in our links pool for ages and never got round to it.  Cheers.

Data

• View Profile
    • Datahopa
I broke my licence code.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 01:01:24 pm »
I didn’t want to say but I did try to e-mail Robert a few days ago, as yet I haven’t had a reply, its ok I know he’s busy, really just wondered if the symptoms were those of a bad licence key and if anyone else has had this problem.

I got Hal what seems like a long time ago, I think I might just buy another licence.

Freddy, probably better not to link to my site at the moment, I’ve got some problems with that too and im not sure if Im going to keep it, its something that I started years ago, at the time it seemed quite new but now its just looking old and I don’t have the time to overhaul it. Some annoying students have also been making fake and misleading web pages using some of my keywords.

If I get it sorted I will remind you of your kind link offer [:)]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
I broke my licence code.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 04:30:47 pm »
Ok, no problem, sorry to hear you have had a visit from the numptys..

echoman

I broke my licence code.
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 04:49:52 pm »
Datahopa,

I have to say your site looks very impressive. I do not find it old looking at all.

Sorry to hear about your licence problems.  

Perhaps see if it works on another computer.

Data

• View Profile
    • Datahopa
I broke my licence code.
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 12:29:44 pm »
Thanks freddy and echoman [:)][:)]

Im not too worried about my Hal at the moment, I can still use it just not my Cepstral voice or the brain editor, also I think im going to bite the bullet and put together a new PC soon, so I will try to install Hal onto that, like you said echoman.

Prospector

• View Profile
I broke my licence code.
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 08:55:23 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Datahopa

I can’t believe I did this, but I did ;(

First I installed a clean install of 6.2 but realised soon after that I should have up-graded 6.1 to 6.2 to keep my old brain, I then uninstalled 6.2 so I could install it again over 6.1 and do the up-grade, but I forgot to release my licence.

The up-grade went ok but I now have a problem with my licence “I think”.

Every time I run Hal I get a window telling me “The Licensing system needs your permission to authorize the copy of Ultra Hal”. it does the check and Hal then runs but I cant run the brain editor “False AF VK Access Denied” nor can I use my Cepstral voice because it nags me to get a licence.

Does anyone think I have broken my licence code?

I haven't done the 6.2 upgrade yet but I have had the same messages and the error with the brain editor since I installed the latest Windows Defender update (Definition 1.51.484.0) released on Feb 12 2009.
As I hadn't installed anything else I tried a System Restore to the point before the update and everything is back to normal so far.
This is with Vista so might be worth a try.

Data

• View Profile
    • Datahopa
I broke my licence code.
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 11:35:47 am »
Hi Prospector

Yes I am using Windows Defender, I would never have thought that it could be responsible for this, but I think you might be right, or at least on the right track.
I have had an e-mail from Robert and it looks like this problem is something to do with administrator rights and I know I did get a Windows Defender up-date around the same time.

Going to install windows and Hal on a new PC soon, I have a feeling it will all work fine.