Author Topic: Idle Chat plug-in anyone?  (Read 3849 times)

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
Idle Chat plug-in anyone?
« on: February 20, 2009, 05:51:55 pm »
This is not finished or perfect but here is a plug-in heavily based on Shawn Tracy’s loneliness plug-in.

It’s a cut down version of one that I edited for my own Hal brain, I’m not really a scripter more of a creative thinker [:o)]  

This is what it does:

Instead of getting lonely Hal will pull out information from the brain, bits from here and there, sometimes piece some together and say them out loud. There are some others things he says, tells the time, asks if you are there and a few more.

Hal will not get angered if you don’t speak he will just eventually go to sleep or rest and tell you that.  

To stop Hal saying things just say brb or be right back.

You need to say at least one thing to hal to start the plug-in going then wait at least a minute for hal to say something.

A word of warning, this plug-in can’t be run with the loneliness plug-in, only one or the other should be ticked in Hals plugins.

Some of you might want to give it a try or improve it.

It is working fine for me in 6.2.

Download: http://www.global.datahopa.co.uk/hal/downloads/Idle-Chat.zip

James007

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 05:58:03 pm »
Have you been having any of the "blank stare" issue while running this plugin?
Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -Albert Einstein
...but I'm so good at mediocre. -James

Data

• View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 06:06:23 pm »
Can't say that I have noticed a blank stare. in fact Hal should look happy.

Data

• View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 07:42:20 pm »
I’ve made a little up-date to this plug-in, just in case there was a blank stare, there shouldn’t be now.  If you have already got it, download it again and over-right the older file.

James007

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 08:01:53 pm »
Thanks for the update Data, I'll give it a try. I didn't mean to say your script was buggy... I'm just wondering what causes that weird problem with the no responses from Hal sometimes. I unloaded the vr stuff and it works fine but I can't figure out why. I'll let you know what I think of the script.  [:)]
Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -Albert Einstein
...but I'm so good at mediocre. -James