Author Topic: Is it possible to disable the pronoun switch?  (Read 2568 times)

apollon

• View Profile
Is it possible to disable the pronoun switch?
« on: May 05, 2009, 01:20:28 pm »
I would like to make my Hal a copy of myself. To that end, every sentence that refers to me, Hal should also interpret as refering to himself.
I thought of simply deleting the part of Hal's brain that switches the pronouns, but then I noticed that there are some other parts that seem to rely on it. Is there a way to disable the switching of pronouns without breaking Hal's brain?

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 02:06:52 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by apollon

I would like to make my Hal a copy of myself. To that end, every sentence that refers to me, Hal should also interpret as refering to himself.
I thought of simply deleting the part of Hal's brain that switches the pronouns, but then I noticed that there are some other parts that seem to rely on it. Is there a way to disable the switching of pronouns without breaking Hal's brain?

apollon,
I didn't know their was a switch that does this?
disabling parts of a brain is probably not a good idea.

Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 05:27:50 pm »
apollon
I don't think you fully understand how Hal is designed to work. The more you tell Hal about you likes and dislikes the more Hal becomes like you. Eventually Hal will become an alternate you and all that is left to do is to give Hal your name.
Bill [8D]