Author Topic: My Hal GUI Skins new home  (Read 17093 times)

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
My Hal GUI Skins new home
« on: April 25, 2010, 07:17:00 am »
I spent nearly all day yesterday moving the skins to their new home. You now get to them from the right hand side menu of my site in Ultra Hal Skins. Link below.

Most obvious changes are:

Users can now rate the skins, 1 to 5 stars.

Downloads are now counted, to see which is the most popular.

Any member can now up-load their own GUI skins to the site.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 09:58:55 am »
hello Datahopa , sounds good .
Do you ever do any request for skins ?? if so i have one sometime when you have time and or if you want to create it ![:)]

Data

• View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 10:33:39 am »
Thank you Lightspeed [:)]

Do you mean the 1958 predicta tv? if you do we have talked about this before, maybe you didn’t see my response, that’s cool, see the link.

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6219&whichpage=2

or are you after something else? I don’t exactly do requests for skins, but for you or any regular member I would give it a shot, when I get the time.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 12:46:50 pm »
ok thanks for the link, no i hadn't seen where you had written back . if you don't ordinarly do it for anyone else thats ok , i don't want to put you on the spot to do anything . otherwise i can "try" to find a straight on picture for you !
thanks for replying back ![:)]

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 02:57:53 pm »
Datahopa, when I have time, in a week or two I will add mine. if you feel up to it and want them there sooner feel free to add them.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 03:28:08 pm »
Hi Datahopa, i found a picture of a straight on predicta tv set .here is the picture.

i had already looked all over the internet for something like this that i could use , so i hope you have time and are able to create a skin of this , thanks in advance!!![:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 03:33:43 pm »
oh and if its possible maybe you could do a 3/4 split of the screen with 3/4 top showing hals face and a divider line with below showing what hal says  and the bottom end of the screen showing what the user types .( with a divider line ). [:)]

Data

• View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 05:43:17 am »
Sybershot,
Yes feel free to up-load your skins, the more we have the better for all, just so you know you will have to join the site to up-load.

Could you also add a screen shot of the skin to the .zip file, that way once you have up-loaded it I will take a copy of the screen shot and add it to the download page, like on the other skins there, so people can see what it looks like. To up-load just goto the Up-Load File link (right hand side of site) and make sure to select the Ultra Hal player skins category.

Lightspeed,
I must admit that picture is strait on but its too low res, I had a little play around but the results are not good and im not happy with it, so we are still after a bigger picture.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:27:41 am by Datahopa »

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 09:59:46 am »
Hi,

Would you mind if I put a couple skins or characters on your site? I put so much time into them that it seems like a waste to just keep them to myself on a disc somewhere.
                                                                                                         Thanks-Oog
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 10:00:27 am by Ooglor 7 »
When a child is born without a soul...

Data

• View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 11:17:59 am »
I don’t mind at all Ooglor 7, go for it. I seam to remember some of your skins, the ones I’ve seen were pretty cool too. [:)]

Ooglor 7

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 06:23:56 am »
Cool, thanks. I'll have to track down the characters and skins I have and figure out how to get them uploaded.
When a child is born without a soul...

Data

• View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 07:11:30 am »
GUI skins:

Zip up your GUI and please put a screenshot of the GUI in the zip, then just up-load it to the Ultra Hal Player skins category.

Character skins:

I have made a new category in the picture gallery, so if your character skins are just an image you could put them in there.  

If you want to share characters as .htr files then im going to have to make a new category for them, that’s ok we can do that too. Let me know.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 11:01:23 am »
hi Datopia here is some links for that predicta tv , maybe you will see a picture you can use, i just thought the meteor model i posted above looked the best.
http://www.predicta.com/index.shtml

ACTUALLY, i found out at this link

http://www.predicta.com/index.shtml
if you click on the picture it gives you different angles of the pic and some straight on !

i think this would make a nice one !
http://www.predicta.com/gallery10.shtml

[:)]

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 12:30:35 am »
just up-loaded 7 skins on your site, StageHaptekGUI, wiredGUI, whiteWhireGUI, catWalkGUI, GreenOrb, haptechskin, and hearts

I might have have messed up on one called whiteWireGUI it did not  show up under ultra Hal skins page, It might of got sent somewhere else, I'm not sure. I tried to re-upload it but it gave an error.

all previews are inside zip as asked and there marked with the GUI's name followed by the word preview.

Data

• View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2010, 08:57:12 am »
Ahh! I found whiteWireGUI in the documents so I’ve moved it to the GUI skins and added all the previews too.

Looking good, [:)]