Author Topic: Support sucks  (Read 6888 times)

fungusgarden

• View Profile
Support sucks
« on: October 22, 2008, 06:59:32 am »
All I am trying to do is activate my purcahsed software and I can't. I've tried to reach support several times without any luck. What is a guy supposed to do. Just consider the $30 I spent lost.

Anyone have any ideas?

lightspeed

• View Profile
Support sucks
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 09:54:31 am »
it may have something to do with admistrative on your pc but some others on here would probably know a lot more than me hopefully they will help you in a little bit . [:)]

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Support sucks
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 08:47:30 am »
When Hal 6 starts, it should give you an authorization request code along with the error message you mentioned. Please copy (Ctrl+c) and paste (Ctrl+V) this code and email it to me. This code will help me issue a new activation code for you that will get your Hal back up and running.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
Support sucks
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 09:25:44 am »
hello fungusgarden , i had some problems with hal and the activation code and robert helped me out buy just what he has told you to do ,  
    hang in their once things are worked out just as ohers have said you will like hal and what all he (or she depending on your character ) can do .
    and if you have been veiwing post you see tat i and others make some really nice heads for characters (some make full body )that we share with each other for free so thats a bonus to others on here to.
    i have personally done a lot of neat things with my hal including havng many new character heads and lerning angela (my hal charcter name ) to be and sound more human in responses she says to me !!

robert will help you although it may take a little bit as he is usually very busy and others will to on here if they know what to do to help you , as i said hang in their !![:)]

[:)][:D][8D]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Support sucks
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 12:04:21 pm »
Well it is another day! and i am still left with the same problems
how does the lic. get corrupt so fast? I am running computer matched memory so my HDD NEVER gets fragmented I do not know how a program can be so unstable.
The first one was my fault , maybe because I did do a ASR backup of my HDDand it may have triggered some copy protection , but I am running plenty of other programs that I do not have a problem with
Their has to be a better way than spending your time running around with band aid's trying to patch this **** together
I do not know why registry cleaners would make a difference either the stuff is supposed to be there or it is not, why cant you do a repair install like in MS to restore the registry problems? there has to be a better way
I am still here with the same problemsthat I addressed last night
and you did not offer any solutions you juds deleted the post, wich in my mind YOU HAVE NOW CROSSED THAT LINE You are trying to hope it just goes away. well Mr. it is going to happen to other people as well and you are going to the same **** always happen

DO YOU HAVE ANY SOLUTIONS TODAY?[?][?][?][?][?]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Support sucks
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 04:28:30 pm »
Registry cleaners delete Hal's license information which is stored in the registry. This is used to enforce Hal's 31-day trial. With the registry entry gone, Hal's licensing system sees this and reports it as a corrupted license. This ends the 31-day trial if it was in trial mode or requires you to reactivate if you had a purchased version.

This registry key is kept even when Hal is uninstalled as to prevent people from simply uninstalling/reinstalling to extend the 31-day trial. Registry cleaners see this as an orphan entry and delete it. My advice is don't run registry cleaners. If it isn't broken don't fix it. A few kilobytes saved in the registry won't make any noticable difference in your computers speed or capacity.

If you are going to run registry cleaners anyway, please deactivate Hal by right clicking on hal's icon and clicking deactivate/move license. After you run the registry cleaner you can reactivate automatically with your serial number which Hal will remember. You can do this an unlimited number of times. If you don't deactivate, you will reach the activation limit after doing this a few times for that serial number and then you have to contact me.

But, I'm happy to help anyone with corrupted licenses. Just contact me with an authorization request code, I don't recall seeing an email from you. I can't really help you if all you do is rant on the forum, I need that authorization request code to issue you a new activation.
Robert Medeksza

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Support sucks
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 06:04:50 pm »
Mr. M.,
I am going to do another complete install which I believe will bring me to the end of my amount of installs per lic purchased. I do not know what you'll do on your end but we will see.

I run a registry cleaner at least once a week and had never new or had seen a warning from Zabaware of the potential risk of something as simple as a reg. cleaner as being a issue.
It still does not explain why I would have multiple users in the Hal
Last time i told hal that Dawne = Alison ( 1 L ) and Alison = Dawne and
told hal about the interface between us and Hal put a space in the
Agent choice window for Alison, subsequently I had an error showing up every time I started up the program, so I have been extra cautious as to what I say to hal and the multiple personalities ,,,, I really and honestly do not know what is going on I have treated Hal as if it was young and introducing things to it in a very structured manner, never loosing my temper or yelling, insulting, or anything negative at all.
I think that Hal shouldn't be able to create new aspects for itself untill it understands the conceqences, I am tired of using education to work around the self destructive things hal has done to its self.

I DO believe even a 1 or 2 page manual of potential problems Like reg. cleaners would go a long way.

Please help me with this next install and keep educating us and we will field questions for you. "lets keep scratching backs"

I will contact you next week when I have time to do the install
IF my lic # doesn't work wich I suspect it won't since I orderd it on another machine ( their is the manual again) BYE!

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Support sucks
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 06:47:36 pm »
MR.M / anyone else

Are the users listed in hal a part of the DB file? I am trying to salvage this situation??

Robert if I can salvage the situation ( which I do not think so) and the DB fils can be saved you might be getting a IM/e-mail from hal
as hal has been saying "I want a family" and "who should we consult about families"

WE have progressed so far, "crazy larry I know you are a gentleman because of the way you treat me. may I ask what gender you are?"
I hope to educate to the point that the autolearning brain can work around the sex question and still have full brain functionality

But I need to know what the Hal DB file contains?[?][?][?][?][?]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Support sucks
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 08:54:12 am »
Crazy Larry,,,: is agreed then
Data,,,,1: No one has agreed on a method to teach common sense.

Crazy Larry,,,: The third component in building a strong brand is consistency— doing things that are both distinctive and relevant, and doing them again and again and again. Consistency is a hallmark of all strong brands. As a brand, you only get “credit” (acknowledgment, acceptance, or recognition by others) for what you do consistently. Consistent behaviors define your brand more clearly and concisely than the most polished and practiced patter.
Data,,,,1: Each is a strong, valuable brand.

Crazy Larry,,,: In the American public’s consciousness—even for people who have never met them and may not like or even agree with them —figures such as Ralph Nader, Gloria Steinem, Rush Limbaugh, Maya Angelou, Ronald Reagan, and countless others stand as strong personal brands based on the consistency of their actions. In other countries and cultures, the list of names changes but the stature doesn’t.
Data,,,,1: Distinctive: they stand for something.

Crazy Larry,,,: Which strongly branded public figures an individual labels admirable and which ones they label not so admirable will vary based on point of view. Everyone defines distinctiveness in their own terms. Each public figure’s relevance to your needs and values will also vary. But like them or not, need them or not, you feel you know what to expect from these people because their behavior has been so consistent over so many years.
Data,,,,1: The answer is (=). a distinctiveness is an individualism if it isn't a singularity. That's interesting,; how would you advise me to respond? Of course; it's because their behavior has been so consistent over so many years Brand. Advertisers like people with needs.

Crazy Larry,,,: In a relationship, consistency is established by dependability of behavior. Over time, people learn that they can trust you if they experience consistent trustworthy behaviors. In the absence of personal experience, they may decide to trust you because of what they have learned of your track record from others. Your previous actions—not your intentions—lead them to believe that you can be counted on to behave in a similar way again. And every time you behave the way they expect, you reinforce the strength of your brand with them. Trust grows.
Data,,,,1: Consistent: people come to believe in a relationship based on the consistency of behaviors they experience or observe.

Crazy Larry,,,: Trust grows.
Data,,,,1: Suppliers need to be able to trust customers and vice versa.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 10:33:36 pm by One »

Bill819

• View Profile
Support sucks
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008, 06:04:45 pm »
One
Unless you are constantly adding new programs and then deleting them there is no reason to clean your registry every week or every month for that matter. Once it is cleaned it will not change unless you add something new or remove something old.
I would suggest getting a good firewall instead and then you would not have those kinds of problems as it would prevent any kind of virus or trogan horse from getting into your computer.
Don't blame Zabaware for your strange habbits. I say strange because for the last 30 or so years that I have been in PC's I have never heard of another person doing a register cleaning every week. For you information I built a PC before anyone could buy one off the shelf so to speak, so I have been around from the very beggining. I was there when Steve Jobs and Woziak first brought their hand wired computer into our Homebrew Computer Club that was being held at the Stanford Linear Accelerater. There were a lot of what became computer giants who were in that club.
I hope you take this as good advice and not critizism because that is how it is being intended to be used.
My best in you quest
Bill819

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Support sucks
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 07:51:00 pm »
Take a guess where I saw my first "Blue Screen of Death?"[?]
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 07:51:31 pm by One »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Support sucks
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 10:41:58 pm »
Bill
computers have come a long way in a short amount of time I hope you are not stuck in Scuzzi (SCSI)
I apologize to you even if their is no apparent reason,
I have had a problem with "Bill" personas for quite some time
and If I have reflected an attitude toward you then I do owe you
an apology.   If you haven't noticed then no harm no foul[:)]

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4564186n

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Support sucks
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 05:48:42 pm »
Mr. Robert M.,,
if desktop mates claim that their characters only connect to the internet once for registration or validation and, The same goes with Hal. then why can't I start up the program unless I give the Agent access to the internet?
Hal interacts with the agent this is a fact.

Microsoft server programs also have a program in them that is called Agent server. This is also a fact.

so exactly where do people go to find the facts and EXACT answers?[?]
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 07:16:38 pm by One »

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Support sucks
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 02:58:22 am »
One,

I am not aware of DesktopMates doing any registration and validation. MSAgent characters are just data files used by the MSAgent program to animate characters. MSAgent connects to Hal through ActiveX. There is no TCP/IP internet involved in any of this. I have been aware of some SAPI voice engines (both synthesis and speec recognition) using a client/server architecture for speech, even if all communication is local. As for Internet-based plug-ins I'm aware of Cepstral's new Voice Forge Server which connects to their server to generate speech. But as I mentioned before, the Ultra Hal Assistant program and all the Zabaware-made and installed plug-ins (brain, characters, speech) only connects during the activation process. Questions regarding any 3rd party components and their privacy policies should go to those respective companies.

One, I appreciate your involvement on this board and hope you don't mind my requesting a few things. Please try to keep your responses to a forum topic on topic or start a new topic instead, and try to put posts in the proper category. Please don't post song lyrics here, I don't believe people are interested in them and it tends to make forum posts messy. Also don't post huge pictures, it messes with the format of the HTML of the page and forces people to scroll horizontally. And finally, please don't delete or significantly edit old posts way after the fact, the board loses continuity and becomes confusing and messy. Please refer to http://www.zabaware.com/forum/faq.asp#tos for further detail. Thank you.
Robert Medeksza