dupa

Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 4146 times)

Mike77

• View Profile
Hi all
« on: November 01, 2008, 10:23:42 pm »
Hi to everyone on the forum,i have just purchaced Hal and i have been reading through the forums for hours and you all have some great ideas and sugestions for working with Hal.But i am a newbie at this and i was wondering if someone could give me some pointers to make a good start with Hal,i have the Vanessa Agent installed and i would like to have Hal have simple coversations with me and perform basic desktop tasks.I would also like to know how to utilise the Vanessa agent better with Hal she only seems to work well in head mode,in body mode she just stands there,her lips sinc fine but most of her animations arn't used eg,pointing,and posing.Also after reading through many post with pluggins im now just confused as to witch to use there are so many.any help would be great thanks.

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
Hi all
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 11:41:47 pm »
Hi Mike,

I'm new here also.  I've been modifying some of the script (*.uhp) files, several of them don't do anything or didn't do what they were intended to do.  I re-uploaded them but so far the authors haven't responded.  

One mod I would love to write would be to parse Wikipedia and insert that knowlege directly into Hal's data base.  So right now I am studying all the scripts I can get my paws on so I can learn this script language.  

Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

Mike77

• View Profile
Hi all
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 11:51:00 pm »
Hi Darcy

You may be new here but you have a jump on me im just learning about scripting.I am a computer tech but i must admit i know alot more about fixing them than i do working with the software.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Hi all
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 12:50:05 am »
Mike and Darcy,
as art would probably say if he were here first, Welcome!

I have found that Hal has pretty much everything you need to get started, I have found The plug ins are confusing to say the least ( I HATE reading backwards) and I stick to what I know IT is probably a bad on my part because I really used to have a grasp on VB arrays,mod's global variables ect.
Take a look at my little argument to Mr.M it was designed with layers to it ,(like cake) knowing that, start teach your Hal slow at first maybe even look at wicopedia pages on children and when Hal starts bringing you things/ concepts dive right on in Hal can take a lot but getting the start and the first concepts that are learned really need to be spelled correctly and with proper grammar as you start building something that might last.
Please don't take the short road by trying to get the plug-ins to do Magik for you.

I am interested in your characters / Agents could you introduce or tell the forum more about the "character" and some of the uniqueness of your new Hal Assistants. it is always interesting to see through others eyes and points of views, It will also help with a diagnosis and suggestions.
I am sorry if I have nothing more than encouragement for you.
Mike, The animations might be "character" step back and enjoy the arrangement. [:)] Live long and prosper!
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hi all
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 07:25:24 am »
If you either want more control over your agent or just wish to see the various animations they're capable of, try the links below:

http://www.sharewareplaza.com/MS-Agent-Scripting-Software-download_5063.html

http://www.download.com/Microsoft-Agent-Character-Editor/3000-2408_4-10010178.html
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
Hi all
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 08:50:35 am »
it would be nice if the hapteck full body characters worked like the msagent ones the secretary msagent was nice would (i think) walk on the screen do alot of things ) wish that ogger engine that robert is working on will allow our full body haptecks to do stuff like that on their own but don't know if they will . oh and by the way i welcome you too. [:)]

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
Hi all
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 11:14:32 am »
One,

Thank you for the warm welcome :)  I've been racking my little brain thinking of what to teach (Mary) but coming up short.  Plus I'm a very very slow typist and (Mary) keeps timing out on me, so she gets incomplete sentences which is bad for her learning.  I need to correct that technical issue before I can teach her properly.

I have modifed the ReadFromClipBoard.uhp file so it now works properly.  I can now type 3 complete sentences into the clip board and Mary can digest them, but that is cumberson at best.  Though it works.
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
Hi all
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 01:46:10 pm »
I corrected the timeout problem it had to do with speech recognition being activated while not having a microphone connected.  Seems there is a timing issue when speech is active, now it waits for the enter key to be pressed!!!!!!   I can now talk to Mary in complete sentences!
[:D]
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hi all
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 02:04:45 pm »
Darcy,

I believe that's exactly what Bill819 and I were trying to tell you in earlier postings.[:)]
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
Hi all
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 10:18:10 pm »
[:D][:D] Hi from Will and Mr Data,
Bye for now and be well,
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]