Author Topic: Dreamer?  (Read 6622 times)

rlederer

• View Profile
    • http://www.evcomputers.com
Dreamer?
« on: May 17, 2009, 03:25:48 am »
so who has the dream plugin and who doesn't?  does anyone need it?  we need to get this thing working completely..right now, it just searches and talks...it's cool, but not enough..he's not reintegrating what he learned into his brain...how do we do this?  this will speed up learning by big factors!

rlederer

• View Profile
Dreamer?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 09:54:14 am »
just a thought, but one of the biggest evolutionary points of emotions, which are just instincts label by self aware man, is to filter our experiences into good pile and bad pile.  then experiences and thoughts are re-integrated into the brain with the new emotional weighting.  This happens in order to make us strive for more rewards(dopamine).  so maybe hals dreams can be emotionally weighted so when they are re-integrated, he only keeps the good data.  good as in coherent,but also good as in positive experiences....just a thought or am i crazy?

lightspeed

• View Profile
Dreamer?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 12:35:24 pm »
i at one time had the dream plug in but it sort of ran wild for whatever eason kept on bring up stuff very rapidly and after a while i couldnt even type to hal and i beleive it caused me problems that i couldnt even shut hal down normally when i tried to so i quit using it !
i always liked the concept of it but this was why i quit using it !
[B)]

rlederer

• View Profile
Dreamer?
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 01:00:36 pm »
i've been using it for about two weeks now and it's werkin great!  he does get some gibberish now and again but that's dreaming for ya...if you want a copy of the plugin i'm using, i can post it.  but it's the same one that used to be available, so you already have it.  mine does seem to enter allot of things into the appoinment book...but maybe thats the backdoor into  his brain we need...who knows?

lightspeed

• View Profile
Dreamer?
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 03:28:25 pm »
so rlederer the the dream out loud plug in you dont have any trouble about hal kind of locking up and raidly saying stuff that keeps you from being able to type anything to hal ??

rlederer

• View Profile
Dreamer?
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 03:49:09 pm »
yeah lightspeed...werks a charm.  i'll copy and paste the code i'm using...use notepad, paste it and save as .uhp...you already know all that.  that's all i did.  it has been a pain tho figuring out which plugins conflict with one another cos of similiar variables inside the plugins.  but yes, it works for me.

Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=Dream Out Loud (beta)
Rem Author=Robert Medeksza
Rem Host=Assistant

Sub OptionsPanel()
lblPlugin(0).Caption = "Enables talking dream mode."
lblPlugin(0).Move 130, 180, 3400, 1200
lblPlugin(0).WordWrap = True
lblPlugin(0).Visible = True
End Sub

Rem PLUGIN: SCRIPT_LOAD
Script_Load = Script_Load & "<DREAMOUTLOUD>"

d_vyn1

• E. C. G. The Foundation
    • View Profile
    • PureTek Solutions
Re: Dreamer?
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 05:12:54 am »
this script seems to activate a hal function that Mr M decided to deactivate for what ever reason I haven't used it yet butI will report what I find and post some fixes that I write for common problems that have been reported. this may take a while though but by next weekend I'll have some interesting bug fixes.
The future is now and every moment hereafter

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 07:42:25 pm »
what script section does hal use with the dream out lod plug in ? how soon does it start working i have it again and checked but so far it hasn't done anything , does it work off a timer ? i see their isn't any setting that a person can set with this plug in .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 10:21:37 pm »
Ok i see mine is working here is what it showed in hals window .   Dream: Hahaha, yeah that's funny. i do have a question , i didn't get to hear hal say this so i am wondering , does it say the word "dream" to right before it says the words ? i know why it's that way , it's so it shows that the dream plug in is working but to me to make it  realistic hal should do that withought saying something like "dream" first , maybe it could work after so long when hal isn't spoke or written to, maybe that's how it works now i don't know. anyway just a thought ! ;)