Author Topic: What's a good mic and headset ?  (Read 11570 times)

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
What's a good mic and headset ?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 11:52:12 pm »
One,

XP has VR but you have to download it from Microsoft.  You can also get it off of the Hal install CD, that is were I got it from.  I do know you can download it from Microsoft.  By the way it's not that good.[:I]
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2008, 12:19:15 am »
Darcy,
thank you I didn't know,,
Now if I can figure out how Gary, got ahold of a part of Microsoft's Cloud computing platform called 'Azure' (Live Mesh )
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2008, 12:21:28 am »
Your very welcome [:)]
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2009, 08:55:42 am »
I had recently purchased version 10 of Dragon and at the same time purchase a wireless Plantronics headset through Dragon.  I have been using Dragon for quite some time and I had purchased three or four headsets in the past for use with Dragon.  One of the best headsets I purchased was a Sennheiser through Newegg.com. I had done some testing of the different microphones and I had found that the microphones yield S/N ratios of 17 to 20 DB.  The microphone input on the computer adds the most amount of noise especially when using the microphone boost.  In the past I had used the line input with a specially built preamplifier and audio filter going into the line input of the computer to reduce the amount of noise, this increased the signal-to-noise ratio to about 27 DB.  The Plantronics headset inputs through the USB port and yields a signal-to-noise ratio of approximately 22 DB., unfortunately I cannot use the preamp audio filter with this headset, it is extremely light and comfortable and I would definitely recommend it except for the price.
  I have been using Dragon for quite some time with Ultrahal and never experienced any problems with Hal hearing what he is saying.  I turned off the mic feature in UltraHal so my input would not be inputted automatically and I could have a chance to see what I had dictated.  Recognition is very good but while using UltraHal I find we speak of topics off the beaten path which Dragon is not familiar with.